Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:46:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: News News News Monday Edition 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: News News News Monday Edition  (Read 6004 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: September 10, 2007, 11:21:54 AM

News News News Monday Edition

BBC content might be coming to XBL, TARDIS will be soon a part of everyone's vernacular.

Alten8 is going to develop 'Luc Bernard's Eternity's Child' for the DS and Wii, I have no clue what this means but it sounds important.

ArsTechnica says that the PS3 is dropping by 100 buckaroos, at least Sony waited more than 90 days to do a price cut.

GH for the DS will use a peripheral for input as opposed to a stylus, actual news comes from AGDC '07.

Jenna Fischer is now single, post your thoughts and lots of pictures to our lively ongoing discussion!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 02:49:45 PM

ArsTechnica says that the PS3 is dropping by 100 buckaroos, at least Sony waited more than 90 days to do a price cut.

Now see, THAT would be more like it. While still high IMO, $399 for a 40GB model, especially with a packed-in Blu-Ray DVD is at least within the realm of not being absolutely crazy. I still don't want one, because I don't see any games that aren't on other consoles that I give a shit about. But it will move some boxes.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 04:32:51 PM

Now see, THAT would be more like it. While still high IMO, $399 for a 40GB model, especially with a packed-in Blu-Ray DVD is at least within the realm of not being absolutely crazy. I still don't want one, because I don't see any games that aren't on other consoles that I give a shit about. But it will move some boxes.

You just need this 60 page booklet to show you why the PS3 is a great purchase.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 07:05:05 PM

Use that $100 you save and buy a real HDD for your PS3.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 06:39:31 AM

I wonder if there are other differences besides the 40gig. Like this is the PS3: Absolutely Neutered! model.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 08:26:35 AM

From Velorath's linkage:

“Deepening consumer’s understanding of the PS3 is important for us this Christmas and the brochure will play a key role in achieving this.”

So that's why I had not bought a PS3 yet.  Don't get me wrong, I will buy one this Christmas, but it's not because I will "understand" the PS3 thanks to a brochure.  Sony can be so mind-numbingly arrogant at times.

The urge to go on a rant about not "understanding" Everquest 2 is rising.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 02:04:41 PM

That's not Sony, that's their shittastic ad agency pushing more billable hours. Console manufacturers don't have to tell customers why their system is the shiznit, but ad agencies need to figure out some way to explain why their ad campaigns aren't moving boxes.

"THE CONSUMERS DON'T UNDERSTAND THE AWESOME THAT IS YOUR SYSTEM!"

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: News News News Monday Edition  
Jump to: