Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:31:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: 'tard-free MMO? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'tard-free MMO?  (Read 18808 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: August 30, 2007, 09:08:29 AM

Does such a thing exist?

How about a private server MMO?  I mean, one that's actually supported by a company for updates and patches and server maintenance and all that, not some pirated crap.  One that's policed and maintained by the players.  If a person gets banned from one server, they have to go to another.

I suppose it's a utopic idea, but while I love to play MMOs, I really despise some of the fucktards who also play MMOs. 

The whole reputation idea is great, but unless people actually use it, it's worthless.  I can't imagine a rep system that's grief-free, either.

No, it does not, best you can do, is not associate with those you consider "Tards" (using, hopefully, strong in game tools). It is the Internet after all.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #36 on: August 30, 2007, 09:34:05 AM

I don't know why all the MMOG companies haven't set up a joint effort to identify problem players.  They could make it voluntary to register (to avoid privacy issues) but if you do register, your characters will have some indicator of that in game and are therefore less likely to be a 'tard.
The best grief tools are anti-grief tools. UO 101.
The best guilds I have seen are real social gamers who naturally form a party, rather then people who want an additional channel to crack wise on while they solo for the tenth day in a row.

And anyone unwilling to shell out $20 for a headset mic is probably either a cheap bastard who's eventually going to screw you over, so paranoid they can't be very social, or so poor that they are going to vanish one day when the check doesn't clear.
You are so not welcome in Bat Country :) And your comments on headsets are very telling, you seem to be a very prejudicial person. I don't have a headset I can use, for none of the reasons you list, and I don't understand why being poor is being equated with being untrustworthy.
Somebody would be in charge of the server  with the ability to boot whoever they pleased for whatever reason they pleased. 
This is one factor that made public BF1942 so damned enjoyable. The clan I was in had our own server, and I had mod rights on it. Camp a plane without adding to gameplay? Kick. Come back and do it again? Kick/ban. I used to volunteer to sit on the server and just monitor behaviour, the guys didn't really understand why. After so many years dealing impotently with mmo tards, it was fucking glorious to kick tards. And oddly enough, being a well-administered server didn't drive people away, it raised the level of competition. Still not as good as true clan v clan, but great for pubs.

MMO is way too large scale to have that granularity of control, unfortunately. The best you can do is instancing. And skip forced grouping as much as possible to reduce the reliance on random tards (as opposed to chosen tards, ie our friends :)). I'll drag out my old comment about pulling up to the walmart parking lot and grabbing random strangers to help you move.

Anyway. A Bat Country EQ2 server? I'd be all over it in a second.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: August 30, 2007, 02:59:51 PM

Why did The Omega Man just pop into my head?   :-D

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: August 30, 2007, 03:02:04 PM

It would be a glorious 2 weeks before everyone quit. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Rhonstet
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: August 30, 2007, 03:08:29 PM

You are so not welcome in Bat Country  smiley And your comments on headsets are very telling, you seem to be a very prejudicial person. I don't have a headset I can use, for none of the reasons you list, and I don't understand why being poor is being equated with being untrustworthy.

After so many years dealing impotently with mmo tards, it was fucking glorious to kick tards. And oddly enough, being a well-administered server didn't drive people away, it raised the level of competition. Still not as good as true clan v clan, but great for pubs.

So when I'm prejudiced, its bad and you don't want me in your community. 

When you're prejudiced, its good and the community gets more popular.

Got it. 

We now return to your regularly scheduled foolishness, already in progress.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: August 30, 2007, 05:30:07 PM

You are so not welcome in Bat Country  smiley And your comments on headsets are very telling, you seem to be a very prejudicial person. I don't have a headset I can use, for none of the reasons you list, and I don't understand why being poor is being equated with being untrustworthy.

After so many years dealing impotently with mmo tards, it was fucking glorious to kick tards. And oddly enough, being a well-administered server didn't drive people away, it raised the level of competition. Still not as good as true clan v clan, but great for pubs.

So when I'm prejudiced, its bad and you don't want me in your community. 

When you're prejudiced, its good and the community gets more popular.

Got it. 

I think what he said was, "It's good to be the king."
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #41 on: August 31, 2007, 12:01:50 PM

What? Don't be ignorant. You take the simple fact of someone not having a headset and conjure a backstory of poverty and betrayal.

I kick people who are actively ruining gameplay on a server my clan runs.

How am I prejudiced? Prejudice would be instaban. I gave people the benefit of the doubt, that they might wise up and realize we didn't allow lame behaviour on the server and join in the fun. I'm judgemental, get it right.
It would be a glorious 2 weeks before everyone quit. 
Hey, now. I'm semi-permanent these days. Signe seems to be to. Most others...yes. I think schild had a glorious 2 days last time :)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: 'tard-free MMO?  
Jump to: