Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:28:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Secondary Bat Country FF league. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Secondary Bat Country FF league.  (Read 79720 times)
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #210 on: November 27, 2007, 12:51:03 PM

I think I am going to make it in this week -- the Broncos play Oakland and I look for Marshall to have a monster day. Also, Holt is playing against Atlanta. If Green Bay can run the ball effectively with Ryan Grant, or if Andre Hall gets the start against Oakland as well, I think I'm in.

God forbid if Harrison finally gets some touches. Rawr.

awesome, for real

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #211 on: November 29, 2007, 07:38:53 AM

Pretty exciting weekend coming up in this league.  Last week of the regular season and 6 6-6 teams are vying for 3 playoff spots.  The 5-7 kilties are not totally out either, but would need a truly epic game.  Four of the 6 are playing each other, but the winners aren't automaticaly in and the losers aren't automatically out because everyone is so close in points.

Roosters have the 8-4 Invalids, who already have a spot locked up.  They probably should be resting their starters for the playoffs, right?  wink

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #212 on: November 29, 2007, 08:51:53 AM

This 5-7 fucker is right out. I'm 300 points behind the closest 6-6 team. No way I'll score 300 points MORE than any of those guys.

cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #213 on: November 29, 2007, 11:43:40 AM

Roosters have the 8-4 Invalids, who already have a spot locked up.  They probably should be resting their starters for the playoffs, right?  wink

More like it's time for you to get steamrolled. :D GO PACK!

cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #214 on: December 02, 2007, 11:27:21 AM

As of halftime in the 1:00 games, I'm at 90 points. I think I'm in :D

I started 1-5 too! :D

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: December 04, 2007, 06:16:11 AM

Thank God this travesty of a season is officially over for me.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #216 on: December 04, 2007, 08:11:08 AM

Same here. QB just killed me in both leagues this year.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #217 on: December 04, 2007, 08:17:08 AM

I must credit all of my success this year to winning the QB lottery.  I stated before the draft and will say again that allowing 6 points for a thrown TD is a mistake.  It gives the top tier QB's too much value relative to other positions.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #218 on: December 04, 2007, 08:18:49 AM

That's my achilles heel every year in these leagues so this one has been a nice change.   Heart Romo Heart
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #219 on: December 04, 2007, 01:37:12 PM

First round bye is huge for the Noobs.  The Steelers might hold Brady to non-obscene numbers this week.  Bur during the playoff rounds Nebu will be playing, Brady gets to dine on the Jets and Dolphins.   ACK!

El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: December 10, 2007, 08:59:52 AM

Looks like I win the right to take on the Noobs next week.  I'm sure Brady and the Pats won't run up the score against the Jets, right guys?

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #221 on: December 10, 2007, 10:05:31 AM

Looks like I win the right to take on the Noobs next week.  I'm sure Brady and the Pats won't run up the score against the Jets, right guys?

Fucking Cowboys.  What the hell is with that goddamn Herculean effort from Barber and Whitten.  Jerks. Half my team didn't put forth an A+ effort.  Cardinals falling way behind early didn't help much either.

Ohh well, at least LT finally starting showing his worth toward the end of the season.

-Rasix
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: December 10, 2007, 10:57:39 AM

I'd rather take the Noobs than DOG; his lineup is stacked moreso than the Brady machine.  swamp poop

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: December 10, 2007, 11:09:12 AM

I'd rather take the Noobs than DOG; his lineup is stacked moreso than the Brady machine.  swamp poop

Oh I don't know about that, I would have been stomped this week if it wasn't for the bye week.   Thank god for small favors Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Edit:  Weird H2H season number 1 and 2 in the standings are 1 and 2 in point totals as well.  That usually doesn't happen on our leagues here.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 11:17:55 AM by Zetleft »
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: December 16, 2007, 04:42:44 PM

J. E. T. S. JETS JETS JETS!

cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #225 on: December 16, 2007, 05:51:44 PM

I stand by what I saidl.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Rasix

Reply #226 on: December 16, 2007, 06:04:03 PM

This point output would have been useful LAST WEEK. Gyah.

-Rasix
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #227 on: December 16, 2007, 06:56:15 PM

Have I ever mentioned that I hate playoffs in a fantasy league?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #228 on: December 16, 2007, 06:58:41 PM

Meow. If I can survive this week, I think I'll win it all. How about that team that started out 0-4? :D

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #229 on: December 16, 2007, 10:37:01 PM

I hate the playoffs
Rasix

Reply #230 on: December 16, 2007, 11:15:02 PM

I'm more than happy to see the Romo/Brady owners and those whose teams consist wholly of Pats/Cowboys players crash and burn.  You bastards drank from that well the entire season.

-Rasix
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: December 17, 2007, 08:24:56 AM

I'm more than happy to see the Romo/Brady owners and those whose teams consist wholly of Pats/Cowboys players crash and burn.  You bastards drank from that well the entire season.

I would have been happy to draft the players I wanted from other teams, but YOU BASTARDS TOOK THEM BEFORE ME!

-  Mark Twain
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #232 on: December 17, 2007, 08:25:49 AM

#4 vs #6 for the JV title?  The meek have inherited the Earth.  Merry Christmas :santa:

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #233 on: December 17, 2007, 11:27:43 AM

I had only 2 cowboys players for most of the season, one of which was Terry Glenn who never actually played.  Hell I was laughed at when I picked up Romo in the 3rd or 4th round as my starting QB so anyone upset that he has helped my team can lick my balls.  Anyone could have gotten him and he wasn't exactly a sure thing, just going with my extreme Cowboys hope there.  As far as Pat players I can't stand the team so don't have any.  Other then that I pretty much draft by posistion and try to keep it so bye weeks don't kill me.  Just sucks to have your team fall apart in its first playoff game which renders all the other games pointless anyway. 

fake edit:  I still have some hope that my number 1 pick Adrian Peterson has a monster game tonight and steal the win back for me.   But that whole 9 yards rushing last week kinda puts the kibosh on that.  Also have his backup and at this point I don't know who will have the big game :p

Edit: Wasn't a monster game, congrats cmlancas
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 07:59:39 AM by Zetleft »
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #234 on: December 18, 2007, 01:17:16 PM

1. You all could have drafted Brady

2. I picked up Welker off the waiver wire

Overall, I'm content with my point total for the season despite my win/loss record.  It was fun playing against you guys and I'll look forward to it again next year.

-  Mark Twain
Rasix

Reply #235 on: December 18, 2007, 02:51:49 PM

Welker was probably the wave wire pickup of the year.

My Romo/Brady hate is just an extension of my picking of Donovan McNabb again.  Disappoints for the second year in a row, just more spectacularly this year.  If I pick him again, it's a sign of insanity.

Heh, anynow, both you and Zetleft dominated scorewise like I haven't seen in a while. I think my point total last year was only about a hundred higher then the playoff pack.  Take solace in the fact that I lost during Peyton's record season.

-Rasix
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: December 19, 2007, 04:18:02 PM

It was a good run and honesty better then I thought it may be at the start of the season.  Luckily the numerous injuries on my roster kept being to my RB core and I picked up plenty of reliable backups there.  Got Bralynn Edwards for a steal and turned out to be a top tier receiver after all. 

Sad that its over, means the nfl season is just about up to wrap up too.  I hate that deadtime without any football going on. 

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #237 on: December 20, 2007, 07:24:07 AM

It was a good run and honesty better then I thought it may be at the start of the season.  Luckily the numerous injuries on my roster kept being to my RB core and I picked up plenty of reliable backups there.  Got Bralynn Edwards for a steal and turned out to be a top tier receiver after all. 

Sad that its over, means the nfl season is just about up to wrap up too.  I hate that deadtime without any football going on. 

Hey, I recognize you. You're one of only two people I beat this year!

I was terrible in all my pools except one this year, and in that pool 1st plce is playing 6th for first overall and I'm neither of those (2nd). My pick 'ems in my two spread pools were BRUTAL, I got beat on by the spread all year.

But all that is forgiven since I won just over $1k on a Sports Select ticket in October.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: December 20, 2007, 10:01:35 AM

Yeah gonna be a long off-season.

bastard
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #239 on: December 20, 2007, 01:51:59 PM

I can't help it, The Pants Party is a late blooming team. Unfortunately, I think Manning is going to sit on Sunday. Fuck.

El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #240 on: December 20, 2007, 03:29:14 PM

Merry Christmas to me!  Hello Kitty

cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #241 on: December 23, 2007, 12:47:36 PM

Hi, my name is Aaron Stecker and I'm the fucking fantasy football championship MVP.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #242 on: December 23, 2007, 01:59:39 PM

Hi, my name is Aaron Stecker and I'm the fucking fantasy football championship MVP.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

It's awesome when the entire season can be rendered meaningless by the performance of a single individual on a single day. 

(That's why I lobbied for 4 pts per thrown TD and also why I hate playoffs)

-  Mark Twain
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #243 on: December 23, 2007, 07:17:25 PM

....Don't hate because I took Manning second overall and he has carried me all season with NE's defense. Perhaps draft day would've been different for me if this league weren't QB heavy. Anyway, I got lucky this year. I didn't know dick about drafting before this season and it was a good learning experience. Probably next year I'll get torched, but I had fun!

Playoffs are playoffs. Good teams lose. Hell, look at New England this season. I'd give 2-1 against them winning the Super Bowl.  my what do we have here?

El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #244 on: December 23, 2007, 08:24:57 PM

Doh, not a great weekend for Willie Parker and Willis McGehee to get hurt very early in thier games.  Congrats Cmlancas.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Secondary Bat Country FF league.  
Jump to: