Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:59:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Joystiq Doesn't Know What They're Talking About. Also, it's August. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Joystiq Doesn't Know What They're Talking About. Also, it's August.  (Read 6293 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: August 24, 2007, 01:25:54 AM

Joystiq Doesn't Know What They're Talking About. Also, it's August.

In Response To: GameTap Thursday: Garou Mark of the Wolves
Submitted by: Hammer Frenzy

So here I am, sitting at work, when I get a call from a good friend of mine. He wants me to hear something. Obviously, I had better sit down. Obviously. Typically, this only happens with really bad news. Seems that someone took it upon themselves to talk about fighting games without doing their research and has inevitably come off sounding like an idiot.

It’s clobbering time.

» Read More
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 08:38:53 AM by schild »
BigBlack
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 02:27:52 AM

Oddly enough, lulz of lulz, Jared Rea is my girlfriend's former beau.

No bad blood because of that, but I can say with relative certainty that the dude lives perhaps the cat-assiest lifestyle known to man.  Which actually makes me a bit more likely to trust his capsule reviews, since living with mom and dad certainly provides him the time to game rather rabidly.  (And do things no man should ever do, such as join a DDR clan.)

Also, Garou:MOTW rocked.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 02:54:56 AM by BigBlack »
HAMMER FRENZY
Contributor

Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 08:10:33 AM

Yeah, it is really unfortunate. Jared seems to not know what he is talking about when it comes to MOTW. I have to give him some credit though, he did say a nice thing or 2, but it was completely off-set by his BS claims about how the game handles at high level play, leading me to believe, that A) He's a freaking total scrub. Which is okay, just don't talk about the game if you don't know about what it can do. Or B) he just has some silly problem with how the game plays, be it the weird back dash invincibility, or rush down style game play or the guard break set ups, whatever. It sounds more like a biased opinion rather than a credible assessment of the games stability at high level play. It is  just like I said, people who don't know what the hell they are talking about need to seriously research stuff before they talk about fighting games. I guess this can go for any genre of game as well, but for fighting games, you need a little more knowledge of a specific games' fighting systems and research the games low level to hardcore community before you open your noise hole.   

My Genesis games... LET ME SHOW YOU THEM!
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 04:04:24 PM

Someone needs to proofread more thoroughly for HF.

But otherwise, nice write-up. I've never much liked Joystiq anyway.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Joystiq Doesn't Know What They're Talking About. Also, it's August.  
Jump to: