Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:01:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Sony at Leipzig 2007 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sony at Leipzig 2007  (Read 13782 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: August 22, 2007, 06:01:23 PM

Sony at Leipzig 2007

Here's a quick rundown:

1. PlayTV - basically turning your PS3 into a hi-def TiVO (or Low-Def if that's how you roll). Can record and play at the same time.
2. Content: New MGS4 Trailer, Killzone 2 still looking awesome, GT5 Prologue (1080p@60FPS, 50 cars, 5 tracks/reversible, 16 players online, integrates with Home), Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 revealed, FIFA 08 will have 5v5 online.
3. BUZZ! PS3 - Trivia. Network Enabled. Can make your own questions and share.
4. Singstar German. Awesome, if you ask me.
5. Europe gets a Spiderman and Simpsons PSP Slim, launching September 5th. Heavenly Sword is 14/9 in UK and 19/9 in the EU.
6. Rock Band (PS2) not coming out til 2008. This is the iLOL edition. For Europe only.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 06:57:38 PM

Gran Turismo Five, in my opinion, could be the turning point of the PS3. If online-support can be done well, I think it very well could be the title everyone is dying to play. It is the kind of title that (at least for me) makes you want to shell out $500 to play.

Edit: Engrish is hard.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 04:27:58 AM by cmlancas »

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 07:38:46 PM

Where's the MMO coverage from this?  I'm wondering about CoS & AoC in particular as both are euro companies.  Did CCP have anything going on re: that whitewolf game?

tongue

Fuck a $800 console.  It better be able to wifi interface w/ my dishwasher and tell the fridge to toss me a beer...

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 07:06:28 AM

1. PlayTV - basically turning your PS3 into a hi-def TiVO (or Low-Def if that's how you roll). Can record and play at the same time.

Over air only. Uses the EU's simulcast programming service. They'll need a programming service.  Preferably some sort of cablecard support to do anything other than  On air TV. On air TV  in America is total ass.  Don't see this coming to America for a while... may require a fee here, unless sony wants to eat the costs of schedule network.

2. Content: New MGS4 Trailer, Killzone 2 still looking awesome, GT5 Prologue (1080p@60FPS, 50 cars, 5 tracks/reversible, 16 players online, integrates with Home), Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 revealed, FIFA 08 will have 5v5 online.

Five on Five is cool, and gives me one more checkmark for a PS3. Pro Evo is Pro  Evo, half the time I play Pro evo is setting up teams as I have not invested in one of those PS2 memory card writers for a PC. Al long as they keep improving the physics model and add more built in leagues, it'll do very, very well.  I keep waiting for the day when MLS teams will show up n Pro Evo. I have to think the Galaxy will be in now with Beckham.  GT5 and MGS4 don't really move me, but I know others will rave over them.

3. BUZZ! PS3 - Trivia. Network Enabled. Can make your own questions and share.

Cool. Nintendo should have had stuff like this at release. They didn't

4. Singstar German. Awesome, if you ask me.

Because Karaoke Hasselhoff is unstoppable.

Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 07:42:01 AM

6. Rock Band not coming out til 2008. This is the iLOL edition.

Wait, what?

YOU BETTER BE JOKING. I DONT KNOW WHAT THE iLOL EDITION IS.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 08:40:04 AM

Looks like this is another not-really-Gran-Turismo-5, so it should be filed under CANNOT BE BOTHERED.  Fifty cars?  Is this 1993?  Polyphony can lick my ass.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 09:51:42 AM

6. Rock Band not coming out til 2008. This is the iLOL edition.

Wait, what?

YOU BETTER BE JOKING. I DONT KNOW WHAT THE iLOL EDITION IS.

FOR EUROPE. UPDATED. I'M SORRY, OK?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 01:12:28 PM

Five on Five is cool, and gives me one more checkmark for a PS3. Pro Evo is Pro  Evo, half the time I play Pro evo is setting up teams as I have not invested in one of those PS2 memory card writers for a PC. Al long as they keep improving the physics model and add more built in leagues, it'll do very, very well.  I keep waiting for the day when MLS teams will show up n Pro Evo. I have to think the Galaxy will be in now with Beckham.  GT5 and MGS4 don't really move me, but I know others will rave over them.

Pro Evo will be on the 360 as well, and on the Wii next year. The 5v5 in FIFA 08 is also on the 360 version.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 04:12:36 PM

The way PS3 sales are going, you might as well be putting 3D0 and Atari Jaguar news on the front page.  Even with the PS3 price drop, apparently they couldn't outsell the 360 in July.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 09:02:41 AM

It was close (about 30k difference between the 360 and PS3 I think). Of course, that was before the 360 price cut, so I'm sure August sales will be better for the 360.

Of course, the Wii outsold them all, beating the PS3/360 by almost 4x as many, and still twice as many sales as the PS2. The PS3 better have a fantastic Christmas or its looking like they'll be playing second fiddle to the 360 for most of this generation.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 10:22:53 AM

Of course, the Wii outsold them all, beating the PS3/360 by almost 4x as many, and still twice as many sales as the PS2.

And yet I still have no urge to pick one up.  Funny that.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 12:16:55 PM

Waggle IS an acquired taste.  :-D

schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 12:19:09 PM

Waggle IS an acquired taste.  :-D

No, it's not.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 02:55:42 PM

I really think that the PS3 sales are going to pick up. It is starting to get some PSX exclusive games and personally, I know that GT5 will be a MAJOR selling point for me. If the early reviews for GT5 are as good as GT3, for me, it will be worth $600 USD. I logged a ridiculous amount of hours playing GT3 -- I can't remember another game that made me catass as much as it did.

Not to mention that I would gain a blu-ray player too.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 03:02:58 PM

PS3 sales are going to pick up.  I hear there will be a exclusive worth playing within two months.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 03:47:56 PM

PS3 sales are going to pick up.  I hear there will be a exclusive worth playing within two months.

I don't know.  So far Lair, Warhawk, and Heavenly Sword have all gotten mixed reviews.  Lair's controls apparently are a love it or hate it thing, Warhawk is multiplayer only (which has some people complaining about the price), and Heavenly Sword by most accounts is insanely short.  That leaves Ratchet & Clank, and Uncharted as the only games left for the holiday season that I think have the potential to generate a lot of good buzz and sales.  That's not to say that I don't think stuff like Folklore and Eye of Judgement will be good, but I don't think they're going to be system sellers.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Sony at Leipzig 2007  
Jump to: