Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:49:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: And Now for Something Different 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: And Now for Something Different  (Read 4758 times)
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

on: March 23, 2004, 11:35:38 AM

THIS IS NOT SPAM OR A PLUG.

As a few of you know I work for a Image agency supplying photos for the Media. Lately we have been branching out in to some new areas and I thought you guys might like to check out some of the stuff.

First, we are hosting a art exhibition at a local gallary, the title of the show is "Dirty Divas" is images of celebs in wierd poses of bad pictures, some of the stuff is quite funny.

http://www.zdirtydivas.com/ any art critics can give their opinions on the pictures.

We also just opened a website that features picture stories, some of these are REALLY sweet, and others are quite desturbing. Give it a look if you are bored, or want to see some good photos.

http://www.zreportage.com/ Enjoy.

again, Im not trying to sell any one any thing, I just figured since we are expanding our topics, it might be interesting.

*EDIT*

If any one want to see the Dirty Divas show, and lives in the Orange County area, the opening night party is on April 1st in Laguna Beach at the Ocean Ave. Brewery starting at 6:00. I dont think there is a cover. The show runs from March 30 to June 1.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 11:38:33 AM

...and it is pretty cool. Thanks for the links.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 01:55:02 PM

I guess no one but schild like photography. You guys should at least check out zreportage. You might find a boobie.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 02:00:21 PM

Quote from: Morphiend
I guess no one but schild like photography. You guys should at least check out zreportage. You might find a boobie.

Actually I'm what most people would call an 'art fag.' Or whatever, But anyway, I like good design. Dem deres some good design.
Mr_PeaCH
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 02:52:51 PM

If you must know, I checked it out and I too liked it.  Both sites.

Laguna hmm?  When does Sawdust start this year; will it overlap your exhibition?

COME ON YOU SPURS!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5 on: March 24, 2004, 03:05:19 PM

I didn't get the point of the Dirty Divas site, other than a trite poke at the cult of celebrity our culture has becomes. Didn't check out the other one.

I dig photography, I just haven't been in the frame of mind to look at it artistically lately.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #6 on: March 24, 2004, 04:51:25 PM

Quote from: HaemishM
I didn't get the point of the Dirty Divas site, other than a trite poke at the cult of celebrity our culture has becomes. Didn't check out the other one.

I dig photography, I just haven't been in the frame of mind to look at it artistically lately.

The Dirty Divas is an Art exhibit. The boss got a wierd bug up his ass (he gets these A LOT) and wanted to do a show of celebs looking wierd. Nothing special here.

You should realy check the other one, as it has some really good photojournalism.

The Growing up in the KKK is very nice, also, all the stuff by Les Stone. Speaking of Les, he has been in haiti since this whole thing went down. Hell called our office and at one point said "Man, its a good thing these haitians cant aim a gun, or I would be dead by now". Crazy shit.

Not sure when the sawdust starts, but I have been so many times, I hardly ever go any more. (I used to live 1 block from the Sawdust, and got a free season pass every year, for having to put up with all the asshat tourest drivers).
koboshi
Contributor

Camping is a legitimate strategy.

Reply #7 on: March 29, 2004, 11:02:23 AM

I love the "Kill Bill" picture.  However I still think it's more prank than art.

-We must teach them Max!
Hey, where do you keep that gun?
-None of your damn business, Sam.
-Shall we dance?
-Lets!
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #8 on: March 29, 2004, 05:43:38 PM

Quote from: koboshi
I love the "Kill Bill" picture.  However I still think it's more prank than art.

Agreed, but then, what is art?

The show is this thursday, and people from the local paper will be there to review it, we shall see.

The last exhibit we did was called 'Bondas' and it was pictures of every day peoples behinds. Not in a sexy or gross way, just random people walking down the street. It was different, but several art critics gave it really good reviews.
Fargull
Contributor

Reply #9 on: March 29, 2004, 08:06:25 PM

The NEW 'Berlin' Wall makes me want to send a copy of Schindler's List to Sharon...

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
Hanzii
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 29, 2004, 11:40:04 PM

Quote from: Morphiend

I happen to know a lot of very good photojournalists (unfortunately not all have webpresences) and I like a good photograph - I just find pages with a smallish collection and only few words (like the ones I linked to) lacking in content and only worth a brief look.
I know my photographer friends claim that "a picture is worth a 1000 words" - but I really dig the words too.
But they were nice sites - sorry I didn't say so.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to discuss this more with you, but I'm not allowed to post in Politics anymore.

Bruce
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #11 on: March 30, 2004, 09:16:06 AM

Quote from: Fargull
The NEW 'Berlin' Wall makes me want to send a copy of Schindler's List to Sharon...

The Berlin Wall was meant to keep people IN. Sharon's proposed structure will keep people out. Imprisonment vs protection.

I have never played WoW.
Fargull
Contributor

Reply #12 on: March 30, 2004, 12:04:51 PM

My comment was aimed at Sharon, the WALL just provided the impetus for me to post.

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
Mediocre

Email
Reply #13 on: April 04, 2004, 03:22:12 PM

I would have checked out the show, seeing as how I live around Huntington Beach, but the brewery comment gave me the impression that it was probably 21+, and alas I'm only 18.

Interesting stuff.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: And Now for Something Different  
Jump to: