Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:59:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Keybinds 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Keybinds  (Read 4224 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

on: August 15, 2007, 09:41:49 AM

Ok... maybe senility is getting the better of me.  I could have sworn that you can pull up a command that allows you to transfer UI settings from one character to another in this game.  Is there or do you have to reset everything each and every time you roll an alt? 

Come to think of it, I might be thinking of EQ2 that allows you to do this.  God I hate getting old.

Any help appreciated.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 12:30:15 PM

Pretty sure it is EQ2 you are thinking of.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 12:32:21 PM

I am no expert in CoX (it is much easier in EQ2), but I believe you have to make bind files yourself.  I know I did this with my mastermind and it worked beautifully.  So I guess you would have to make a default file for yourself and save it as such.  CoX veterans may be of more help to you, but I remember using this guide...

http://boards.cityofvillains.com/showflat.php?Number=371472&fpart=1#371472
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 02:19:52 PM

With your character that has the binds:  /bind_save

With the new character:  /bind_load

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 04:21:42 PM

Thanks a ton, Signe. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 06:08:55 PM

You can also "/bind_load_file 'c:\games\coh\special binds.txt'" if you have certain binds saved in a file.  (You may have to play around with the quotes.  It's been a while and I don't have time to find the exact syntax.)

I do this to make power set-specific binds like super jump, teleport, master mind, etc.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 01:38:58 AM

You can also assign bind_save and bind_load in the keybinding setion of the config menu. I usually only enable saving on my main account then just load up the most recent on whatever character I'm playing.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Keybinds  
Jump to: