Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:55:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Hellgate London Alpha 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hellgate London Alpha  (Read 393980 times)
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: August 13, 2007, 07:09:47 AM

No, you got it right.  Pretty much the only thing Hellgate is about is that it's by the guys who made Diablo and Diablo II.  Considering those two games weren't really about anything other than 'TING!' that's enough for most people.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
schild
Administrator

Reply #36 on: August 13, 2007, 07:50:09 AM

Considering those two games weren't really about anything other than 'TING!' that's enough for most people.

Wrong. What kept us coming back was the Ting. If MMOGs had a sense of danger and randomly generated fields and dungeons, then maybe MAYBE they'd be moderately replayable. MAYBE. There's a whole slew of shine that made Diablo 1 & 2 worth playing and Ting wasn't it, that's what simply kept us coming back. It was the hook.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #37 on: August 13, 2007, 10:13:43 AM

what

Shh.  David Beckham is posing. 

Is it my laptop or does Tinkerbell need her ass wiped ?

Further, the Beckham thing is totally fucking bizarre.  You'll be listening to the news, hearing about Man U and Ipswich County and they'll be talking cricket and Darts and Bowls and all of a sudden its "And LA Galaxy had a cracking result in their latest game".  You don't get commentary or who they're playing next or whatnot.  Simply a 'nod' to the washed up Beckham.

It's really strange.

It should be. He's only played one league game which LA lost and he played maybe 20 minutes.

That video was money.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #38 on: August 13, 2007, 12:01:26 PM

Considering those two games weren't really about anything other than 'TING!' that's enough for most people.

Wrong. What kept us coming back was the Ting. If MMOGs had a sense of danger and randomly generated fields and dungeons, then maybe MAYBE they'd be moderately replayable. MAYBE. There's a whole slew of shine that made Diablo 1 & 2 worth playing and Ting wasn't it, that's what simply kept us coming back. It was the hook.

I'm sure it was the randomly generated maps (even though you figured out the pattern given enough time) that kept me going.   You are 100% right that the ring noise (I CAN STILL HEAR IT I CLOSE MY EYES) is the hook.  Right into my brain.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #39 on: August 17, 2007, 05:51:07 AM

https://accounts.hellgatelondon.com/PingAccount/invite_signup.jsp

"Sign Up to Participate in Early Playtests
Interested about Hellgate: London but didn't get an invite? Well, we've got your answer -- sign up for an opportunity! Simply enter your e-mail address in the form below and you'll be added to the list of potential invitees for the next round of testing. If you're lucky, you'll be invited to join the Hellgate: London testing phases in the not-too-distant future!

A few things to remember:

1. Signing up doesn't guarantee an invite, but does raise your chances significantly in receiving one.

2. Please only enter your e-mail once, as duplicates may cause you to not receive an invite.

3. If you're already part of the Alpha, don't re-enter your e-mail – but tell all of your friends!

4. If you do receive an invite, keep in mind that all content is contractually under NDA until further notice.
"

Not sure if this was posted, but here ya all go

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: August 17, 2007, 07:06:52 AM

3. If you're already part of the Alpha, don't re-enter your e-mail – but tell all of your friends!

4. If you do receive an invite, keep in mind that all content is contractually under NDA until further notice.

I'm confused.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #41 on: August 17, 2007, 07:12:00 AM

I'm pretty sure they mean "tell all your friends how to sign up".
schild
Administrator

Reply #42 on: August 17, 2007, 08:10:35 AM

Apparently the next round goes out today and current players will be able to send out invites for friends.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #43 on: August 17, 2007, 09:25:13 AM

Interesting.

I am keeping my eye on this thread.

Also, I still want to buy one of those rad $250 dollar Hellgate statues.

The hunter is awesome looking.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: August 17, 2007, 09:27:11 AM

Interesting.

If you buy one, you get into the beta.... (At least the email I got last night said that).

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: August 17, 2007, 09:43:11 AM

Apparently the next round goes out today and current players will be able to send out invites for friends.

If this is true, lets get an f13.net invite train going.
WayAbvPar

Reply #46 on: August 17, 2007, 10:36:43 AM

Don't forget to use protection. FSM only knows where some of these people have been.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #47 on: August 17, 2007, 11:20:53 AM

Interesting.

Pokebutt. I'm gonna rape ya!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: August 17, 2007, 12:22:58 PM

https://accounts.hellgatelondon.com/PingAccount/invite_signup.jsp
<snip>
Not sure if this was posted, but here ya all go

Many thanks. HG:L is currently pegged at an 11 on my hype meter, so keep the info coming.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: August 17, 2007, 01:02:37 PM

Interesting.

Pokebutt. I'm gonna rape ya!

WHY DO YOU WANT TO RAPE ME

BULBASAUR WILL BITE YOU

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
schild
Administrator

Reply #50 on: August 17, 2007, 01:10:18 PM

hay i liek mudkips

do u liek mudkips?
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: August 17, 2007, 01:46:18 PM

hay i liek mudkips

do u liek mudkips?

what

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: August 17, 2007, 01:56:33 PM

SEAKING, FUCK YEAH!

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
schild
Administrator

Reply #53 on: August 17, 2007, 02:19:00 PM

hay i liek mudkips

do u liek mudkips?
what

i herd u liek mudkips

was just wunderin
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: August 17, 2007, 02:43:23 PM

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #55 on: August 17, 2007, 08:33:43 PM

Don't forget to use protection. FSM only knows where some of these people have been.

I, myself, have been in beta for both AO and Vanguard, and I played Horizons and Seed longer than any human should have so... yeah.  I'm dirty.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: August 18, 2007, 02:13:08 AM

Appearantly you can get a guaranteed beta spot if you buy a 225 action figure from http://www.wetanz.com/.

See http://www.wetanz.com/collectibles/ for details.

(Info Stolen from FOH.)

« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 02:16:34 AM by Phred »
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: August 18, 2007, 10:00:28 AM

Appearantly you can get a guaranteed beta spot if you buy a 225 action figure from http://www.wetanz.com/.

See http://www.wetanz.com/collectibles/ for details.

(Info Stolen from FOH.)

Those must taste like margin.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #58 on: August 18, 2007, 03:59:24 PM

i herd u liek mudkips

was just wunderin

Speaking of the gates of hell ....
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #59 on: August 18, 2007, 11:21:02 PM

uh-huh. The boy sure does like his meme's.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
lariac
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: August 18, 2007, 11:40:10 PM

To get back on track and talk about Hellgate: London

I think that pricing plan is why I have zero interest in this game..Let me get this right..

10 bucks a month (on top of your initial $50 dollar purchase) gets you...

Elite players are bumped to the front of the line for servers - this is really bullshit. If you ever sat in a WOW que (and your paying there as well) you know this fucking sucks donkey balls

Elite players get 12 characters, regular players get 3 - Take a look at SWG (one character per server shit). I don't understand why developers won't allow you to try different builds/races etc etc....this is just another barrier thrown in by the developers.

Elite players can hold 40 items in lockers around the city, regular players get 20 and can't move them to other players - Can you sell shit to other players? or will you be stuck selling shit to NPC merchants who buy that super rare drop that your character can't wear for 2 copper? Also limiting the amount of space in bags? Every MMO I have ever played has you managing your inventory and it usually is the biggest headache you have next to bugs.

Elite players have access to better shinier gear (the only difference is aesthetic) - whatever; I could give a shit if I was wearing a french maid outfit and a pink fucking tutu as long as the stats were better than Plate Mail of Awesomeness +2.

Elite players have access to shuttles to move easier around the city - This is another bullshit barrier. The most important commodity in MMO's is time. The more you make of your time in a MMO, the more successful you will be by earning more money, raiding with the buds or whatnot. Making you take the slow ride like a public transportation bus rider only pisses you off and go get a cup of coffee, make breakfast, maybe watch a movie while you wait till you get to your destination.

Elite players can own property, regular gamers can't own a house or enter houses - Another bullshit barrier. I would imagine people will possibly have NPC merchants in their house? Maybe additional storage. Whatever it is, if you can't buy shit others can buy and you can't save shit that you could make money off of later, your gonna gimp yourself something fierce.

Elite players get more game types - What the fuck does this mean? They get to play a different game than the one I paid 50 bucks for? If so fuck them.

Elite players get monthly content additions - This I can agree with.

Really, I am a huge diablo and diablo 2 fan and a long time Blizzard fan. Roper and Co. might as well piss down my fucking mouth while I sing Dixie cause this pricing plans sucks balls.

edit: If you couldn't tell, im pretty fucking angry at the nerve of these guys.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 11:45:52 PM by lariac »

`A`ohe lokomaika`i i nele i ke pâna`i
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: August 19, 2007, 12:11:07 AM

Bitching.

You know that all that stuff is JUST for their secure online servers, ala B.net. You can still play single player anyway you see fit. Likewise with LAN. Or host your own damn server.

NEWSFLASH! Company wants money for additional features and continued service. Film at 11.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: August 19, 2007, 04:01:42 AM

Lariac, the whole point of that list is to drive players to Elite status. It's no different from how other games drive players to expansions by releasing new content/features they can only get by doing so. Nor different from Fileplanet gimping anyone who doesn't pay some sort of subscription.

At the same time, them doing this means they can offer anything at all to people who don't want to pay the fee. You can't play legit/official WoW for free.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: August 19, 2007, 06:59:28 AM

I am Jacks amazing sense of entitlement.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: August 19, 2007, 07:16:28 AM

Of all those, the biggest perk is owning a house I think.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: August 19, 2007, 09:43:09 AM

Lariac, the whole point of that list is to drive players to Elite status. It's no different from how other games drive players to expansions by releasing new content/features they can only get by doing so. Nor different from Fileplanet gimping anyone who doesn't pay some sort of subscription.

At the same time, them doing this means they can offer anything at all to people who don't want to pay the fee. You can't play legit/official WoW for free.
QFT. The monthly fee is there for people who WANT the extra stuff, but the free option is there so people who dont want to pay monthly can still play. Kids who can't use mommy's credit card come to mind. And I know I'd be more than willing to shell out $10/month (less than most MMO fees anyway) for less bullshit timesinks.

Look at it this way: $50 gets you the single player game and the ability to play online. If you're only going to solo or play with your friends than thats all you spend. Wanna play it as an MMO (or at least an online RPG; Diablo II was capped at what, 8 players per game?) then you have the option of getting more features for a fee.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #66 on: August 19, 2007, 05:32:07 PM

I plan to play with only friends or solo.  I've had enough of random internet assholes.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #67 on: August 19, 2007, 06:34:36 PM

I plan to play with only friends or solo.  I've had enough of random internet assholes.
Will you play with me? In that sexy white t-shirt no less.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #68 on: August 19, 2007, 06:35:07 PM

Uh.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #69 on: August 19, 2007, 08:22:52 PM

Our little NiXel is growing up.  Right here.  Online.  Before our very eyes.  Every bit as bent and twisted as we expected. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Hellgate London Alpha  
Jump to: