Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:18:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Wii firmware update 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wii firmware update  (Read 5414 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

on: August 07, 2007, 02:02:03 PM

Added a clock on the main screen, minor tweaks, and reworked the Shop Channel.  Maybe some new games, but I have not had the chance to look.  Nintendo certainly is sticking to their promise of trickling out the VC games very sloooooowlyyyyyy.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 02:32:31 PM

it's slow, but it's steady at least.

I'll have to check that out.

The clock would be handy. They may be getting the shop ready for  the expanded line of Wii Ware, those things like Diner Dash and their ilk.

I don't get games like Diner Dash. that looks too much like work and time managment to be fun. I already juggle too many things at one time, I don't want to play like that as well.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 02:37:04 PM

A rework to the shopping channel would be nice.  It's currently rather slow; umpteen levels of clicking, like a badly designed website.

I'm still hoping for a WiiWare DVD player.

--
Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 02:37:53 PM

Added a clock on the main screen, minor tweaks, and reworked the Shop Channel.  Maybe some new games, but I have not had the chance to look.  Nintendo certainly is sticking to their promise of trickling out the VC games very sloooooowlyyyyyy.

Not turning on the system for this.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 02:43:41 PM

I would not suggest this, it would diminish the value when it goes up on Ebay.  Also reports of this update breaking on modded Wii.  How many people have modded their Wii, and to what end?  Region-breaking is the only thing I can come up with.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 02:45:29 PM

Region-Free mods don't even really exist yet for the Wii.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 02:46:41 PM

A rework to the shopping channel would be nice.  It's currently rather slow; umpteen levels of clicking, like a badly designed website.

Having to scroll through a list of games is most tedious… …hopefully, something was done about that, as well as "releasing" a bunch of new titles…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 03:25:02 PM

I want more options for my Miis.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 08:59:42 PM

Region-Free mods don't even really exist yet for the Wii.

Are there any non-region-one games I want for Wii?

schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 06:19:49 AM

Are there games I want for Wii? Anywhere?

i lolled
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 06:46:29 AM

I really should get that Mario Party game. Sometime. When it's cheap.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 08:11:31 AM

According to Joystiq, this firmware update allowed some minor use of a USB Keyboard. Not in everything (and most unfortunately not in the goddamn Internet channel) but in some places. More details here.

schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 08:39:25 AM

Hey, a Wii game I'lll buy was just announced - too bad it might never make it here.

Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 09:46:29 PM

Mario Party 8, while not unfun, just isn't doing it for me.  Trouble is that it has to compete with the likes of Overlord, Atelier Iris 3, Makai Kingdom (yeah, motherfucker), etc.  And Life: Pirates of the Carribean edition.  And Chutes And Ladders.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 08:15:35 AM

I turned my Wii on, got the update, noted the changes to the online store and weather/news channels, checked the time and realized I had agreed to help a buddy of mine finish a group quest in WoW so I turned my Wii back off.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 10, 2007, 05:48:10 AM

There's now a preview of Metroid Prime 3 oin the Wiiware section of the shop. Couple of Videos and a little easter egg. Two videos now, two more on the thirteenth.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 08:07:53 AM

Also Metroid coming to VC on August 13, and Super Metroid on August 20.  Apparently MP: Corruption will be out before the end of the month.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #17 on: August 12, 2007, 03:25:53 AM

When's that soccer game coming out? Mario Party, Cooking Mama and the Mario Soccer looked like the most interesting upcoming titles. When they get cheap, that is. I'm a tightass when it comes to softwares.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 12, 2007, 03:39:40 AM

When's that soccer game coming out? Mario Party, Cooking Mama and the Mario Soccer looked like the most interesting upcoming titles. When they get cheap, that is. I'm a tightass when it comes to softwares.

Mario Strikers Charged is out, and if you liked Sega Soccer Slam or the first Mario Strikers (as I did), you'll dig it.  Personally, I think it'd be a better game if it were designed around an actual gamepad instead of what amounts to two half-gamepads connected by a cord, though.  The motion controls are (once again) very 'grafted-on', only really coming into play while shooting and defending against the 6-ball at a time power shots.

It's fun, but if I had it to do over again, I'd have waited for the first price drop.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 03:44:16 AM by MisterNoisy »

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 05:00:30 AM

Another one of these dropped into my Wii.  This one was pretty damn urgent and I could not concentrate on Bioshock with the Wii flashing like a mofo next to the TV.  I think it's going to be banished into a box like the others.  This update seems to have been a bugfix for the last update.

I suddenly realized that it's totally unfair for my Wii to enjoy the fresh air while the other two consoles are stuffed inside a cabinet.  Will fix.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Wii firmware update  
Jump to: