Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:51:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: *Official* 2007 College Football Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *Official* 2007 College Football Thread  (Read 193438 times)
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #805 on: January 07, 2008, 05:33:44 PM

10-0.  This next possession will tell us a lot about LSU.  Another shitty three and out and I feel good.  A good drive and a score, LSU has championship fighting spirit and its a helluva fight. 

EDIT: Damn.  Bit of a stalled drive, but got an FG on the board- 10-3. 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 05:49:00 PM by Triforcer »

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #806 on: January 07, 2008, 05:51:40 PM

10-3.

Didn't see the drive but from the "commentary" on the OSU message board it was Flynn taking what the defense gave him. If OSU can get another touchdown that would put a lot of pressure on Les to start slinging it around, maybe make some mistakes and play right into Tressel's hands.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #807 on: January 07, 2008, 05:56:38 PM

OSU is looking good and came ready to play. 
LSU is looking hungover from a couple nights on Bourbon Street.  Better pull their shit together, otherwise they're in for a looooooooooong night.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #808 on: January 07, 2008, 06:03:33 PM

All square. In for a good game here.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #809 on: January 07, 2008, 06:20:54 PM

Is it me or should the OSU band be on the lookout for someone in a Guy Fawkes mask.

Also, I love watching that tiny Holliday run the ball.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #810 on: January 07, 2008, 06:24:17 PM

Damn.  OSU NEEDS to respond to this, before it gets out of hand. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #811 on: January 07, 2008, 06:28:27 PM

Oh oh.

-H.L. Mencken
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #812 on: January 07, 2008, 06:39:36 PM

Oh oh.

QFT.

OSU was the hungrier and better motivated team for oh about 10 minutes. I swear to Christ if OSU gets blown out again I am going to scream for Heacock to be fired, 2 NC games be damned.

I am drinking heavily.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #813 on: January 07, 2008, 06:43:22 PM

I think I'm going to be sick.  And LSU gets the ball starting the 2nd half...

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #814 on: January 07, 2008, 06:44:41 PM

Ok, first half impressions.

OSU came out like I thought they would with a big chip on their shoulder. LSU looked confused as they watches Wells run by them.  I underestimated how good of shape Flynn and Dorsey would be in for this game, plus Tyson Jackson is a monster that I completely overlooked as being back.  OSU is in big trouble.

-H.L. Mencken
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #815 on: January 07, 2008, 06:51:51 PM

Ok, first half impressions.

OSU came out like I thought they would with a big chip on their shoulder. LSU looked confused as they watches Wells run by them.  I underestimated how good of shape Flynn and Dorsey would be in for this game, plus Tyson Jackson is a monster that I completely overlooked as being back.  OSU is in big trouble.

Add to that, something is going on with Boeckman. Early this year he was a solid QB but every since the Wisconsin game he's been unable to complete a pass downfield. It's as if opposing coaches have "figured him out" or he's got problems with reading coverages because he has flat out sucked the last three games. I would not be surprised if Antonio Henton comes out in the second half.

OSU is getting manhandled up front, but the yardage on the outside is the most troubling.

Beanie Wells is a heisman trophy favorite next year.

Jim Heacock is just throwing shit up there and hoping it sticks. There doesn't seem to be any game plan for OSU on defense.

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #816 on: January 07, 2008, 06:54:50 PM

OSU has a nice band.  Couldn't they find some decently hawt woman to be the lead baton twirler, though?

Add to that, something is going on with Boeckman.

He's been hit pretty hard a couple times in the first half.  The last interception he threw, LSU came with a delayed safety blitz and he took shot to the ribs.  Gunshy?  It also looks like LSU is now wanting to man with their DB's, and dare OSU to throw on them.  Everything else is committed to the run.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #817 on: January 07, 2008, 06:57:00 PM

OSU has a nice band.  Couldn't they find some decently hawt woman to be the lead baton twirler, though?

Add to that, something is going on with Boeckman.

He's been hit pretty hard a couple times in the first half.  The last interception he threw, LSU came with a delayed safety blitz and he took shot to the ribs.  Gunshy?  It also looks like LSU is now wanting to man with their DB's, and dare OSU to throw on them.  Everything else is committed to the run.

Possibly. He doesn't do well with pressure but it looks like he's afraid to throw it longer than 5 yards, and LSU knows it.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #818 on: January 07, 2008, 07:26:15 PM

Doh! Nice gift on the roughing penalty.

Heh, tack on another personal foul. Losing their cool now.

-H.L. Mencken
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #819 on: January 07, 2008, 07:26:46 PM

Game over

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #820 on: January 07, 2008, 07:29:25 PM

-H.L. Mencken
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #821 on: January 07, 2008, 07:34:11 PM

It will be if OSU doesn't answer with a touchdown of their own.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #822 on: January 07, 2008, 07:40:27 PM

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Roughing the punter!?!?! WTF are you rushing a punt for in the first place when it's not even near the end zone?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 07:43:39 PM by Paelos »

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #823 on: January 07, 2008, 07:43:56 PM

This article over at ESPN seems appropriate given this past season. 
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #824 on: January 07, 2008, 07:44:18 PM

Bad mistake with miscommunication between receiver and QB.

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #825 on: January 07, 2008, 07:45:55 PM

Holy crap 4th down. That foot and a half mattered. Well, not really since they scored a TD anyway. 31-17. Nice job, LSU, you had them literally down and out.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 07:47:27 PM by Paelos »

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #826 on: January 07, 2008, 07:57:02 PM

OSU showing some life.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #827 on: January 07, 2008, 08:02:39 PM

That INT could be huge. LSU had them down with their foot on the throat.

Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #828 on: January 07, 2008, 08:11:39 PM

Ok, your RB has been getting yardage all night and your QB is a pussy. Why do you pass twice on third and four?

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #829 on: January 07, 2008, 08:24:29 PM

Heh, Gary Crowton is such a moron.  Just run it dipshit.

EDIT: And a nice "fuck you" to end the game.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 08:31:06 PM by Abagadro »

-H.L. Mencken
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #830 on: January 07, 2008, 08:33:01 PM

I'm crawling into bed to die now.

But let it not be said I was a poor sport: Abagadro, you were right all season.  I am wrong, a moron, and personally unattractive to boot.  OSU has to change something about what they do to keep up with these southern teams. 

Overall, a wacky season of college football and fun to watch.  Until next year's thread...

Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #831 on: January 07, 2008, 08:41:32 PM

Thoughts:

1. LSU using the SAME EXACT GAMEPLAN that Florida used last year to win. OSU's defensive coordinator paralyzed again by fear of giving up the big play = 11-15 3rd down conversions or thereabouts.

2. Let's blow up the Jim Tressel coaching myth. LSU was far more disciplined and played much smarter. OSU playcalling was idiotic. Nice PF on the punt, dumbass.

3. Todd Boeckman is the JP Losman of college football.

4. A Heisman Trophy candidate and probable top 5 NFL draft pick next year got 20 carries in the biggest game of the year.

5. The Big 10 sucks.

6. Jim Tressel is overrated. Ohio State is overrated

7. LSU/USC would have been a much better game.

8. Jim Heacock needs to be fired.

9. OSU would not have lasted past the first round of an 8 team playoff.

10. This OSU team has only 4 seniors that played substantial minutes. If they somehow beat USC in week two we're probably going to go through this again next year.  awesome, for real

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #832 on: January 07, 2008, 08:42:06 PM

I was being serious above with my prediction of OSU coming out on top of this game based on the status of the two teams, so I didn't totally write them off.

I just don't think teams in the Big 10 really get tested all that much.  There are maybe 2 decent teams a year in the conference, 2 okay teams and the other 6 are usually crap.  With no real attempt to schedule decent nonconference games, teams just wrack up wins without anyone knowing how good they really are. They really set themselves up for this stuff because it raises unrealistic expectations. Start scheduling even mid-level teams from C-USA, ACC, Mountain West, etc. to at least tune up a little bit. Pounding on MAC teams really does a disservice.

Was a crazy season overall though that's for sure.

-H.L. Mencken
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #833 on: January 07, 2008, 08:45:05 PM

I just don't think teams in the Big 10 really get tested all that much.  There are maybe 2 decent teams a year in the conference, 2 okay teams and the other 6 are usually crap.  With no real attempt to schedule decent nonconference games, teams just wrack up wins without anyone knowing how good they really are. They really set themselves up for this stuff because it raises unrealistic expectations. Start scheduling even mid-level teams from C-USA, ACC, Mountain West, etc. to at least tune up a little bit. Pounding on MAC teams really does a disservice.

Truth.  I still don't think, in the end, OSU is that different talent-wise than the top tier of the SEC.  But the B10 drops off pretty darn fast after OSU and one or two other conference schools. 

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #834 on: January 07, 2008, 08:46:41 PM

I won't step on anyone's neck for that loss, but it was what we expected. Here's what we should see from now on.

1 - People can stop questioning whether the SEC is currently the best conference in the land. Two back-to-back national champs and a 7-2 bowl record this year do the talking.

2 - OSU or frankly any Big Ten has no chance in a big bowl game until they start playing games during rivalry week, or suck it up and get one extra team to have a conference playoff. Both would be great for the conference, imo.

3 - The Big Ten was pretty horrid this year. Next year can only get better, and I think it will see a resurgence of sorts. At least it wasn't as bad as the ACC, who was the worst conference by far this year.

Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #835 on: January 07, 2008, 08:50:53 PM

Truth.  I still don't think, in the end, OSU is that different talent-wise than the top tier of the SEC.  But the B10 drops off pretty darn fast after OSU and one or two other conference schools. 

2 things I think OSU needs to do:

1. Shit or get off the pot. Are you a power running team or not? Cut out the goddamn splitting your 240 lb running back out wide and throwing a 5 yard pass.

2. Fire Jim Heacock. Seriously. Giving up 40 points a game in bowl games is bullshit when you have 3 first round draft picks.

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #836 on: January 07, 2008, 08:58:42 PM

And that officially wraps the 2007-2008 season.

What a ride.

Only 236 days 'till it starts all over again.

Anyway, OSU desperately needs to start scheduling some tougher noncoms.  Their conference is weaksauce, and they don't get tested like the SEC does week in and week out.  When it comes down to it, you really don't know what kind of team you have until you face a quality opponent like LSU, which really, is too late.  Alot of these guys that are so touted on your team suddenly look ordinary when faced with a 'real' team.   Any feature back will look like a Heisman candidate against teams like Sam Houston State and Florida Atlantic.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #837 on: January 08, 2008, 05:38:59 AM

LSU: 44-20

this guy looks legit

I'm sorry, did I call the stomping?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #838 on: January 08, 2008, 07:49:40 AM

LSU: 44-20

this guy looks legit

I'm sorry, did I call the stomping?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

You and Snake. Split national title.

Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #839 on: January 14, 2008, 03:40:38 PM

News for Buckeye fans (Hoax, Triforcer and me I guess):

Laurinaitis just announced he's coming back for his senior season. Of the juniors rumored to be defecting to the NFL, only Vernon Gholston declared early. After going to the NC game for the second straight year, OSU will return 18 of 22 starters.

Even more mindboggling, OSU will return 39 of 44 of its two-deep roster. If they beat USC I don't see how they won't be undefeated and #1 before their annual beatdown in the NC game.  0.0 DPS

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: *Official* 2007 College Football Thread  
Jump to: