Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:13:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Bat Country notes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bat Country notes  (Read 148486 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

on: August 07, 2007, 07:28:48 AM

So's I don't muck up other threads with inane ingame crap.

I threw a few totems in the guild bank, please use them. I'm grinding Wyll to make some invis totems, hopefully by next weekend. Need to cure my SK's lack of invis, and you all play SKs :)

Also, a bunch of T1 stuff in the bank doesn't need to be there, especially fuel components (filament). Still some room in there, but I'll clean it out to make room if we need it. I want to dump a few more things you guys might like in as I work up my crafters. Thinking of doing an armorcrafting stint (groan, armorcrafting sucks), because I got a ton of feysteels last week. So I can make some feyiron stuff for you guys, or feysteel if you provide the rares. Catch me online for stats (or lookemup!). I can also make feysteel (for lvl 32, Steel for level 22) longswords, which are nice if you're a sword and shield SK, it's what I'm using right now.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 08:40:06 AM

Yes, the T1 stuff can be removed, and T2 mostly, too, I think.  I just stuck them in there for Righ to use when he grinded some crafting.  He might be done or almost done with T2 even.  He zipped through.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 09:31:32 AM

Yeah, he did. Ok, no problem, just mentioning it while I was thinking about other stuff.

Oh, I dingered BC to level 12 while doing writs last night. C'mon, level 15!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 06:39:13 AM

Running from Freeport to Neriak at level 12 brought back memories of trying to make the Qeynos to Freeport run in EQ1. Tense, exciting. Tend to forget how dangerous zones are when they've greyed out to your main.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 10:09:16 AM

SOE fiddled with the mail and bank so, depending on which mod you use (if you do), there might be a couple of files you need to either update or delete until your mod person updates.  I haven't noticed anything else not working properly.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 11:55:03 AM

Since we have such a huge EQ2 population here, I'll toss out this question. Trag and gimpyone group regularly as a Berserker and Fury (both 31 right now). I've been hanging out with them as a Shadowknight (35), and it's been cool. But my SK is level-locked, and I like playing him that way, the gear and AA is much better and I don't feel pressured to finish quests quickly.

So I figured I would play another character with them. My necro would be ideal but he's my other level-locked 'savor the game' character. So here's some ideas:

Wizard. He's already 30 and dps would probably be a good addition, if a bit one-dimensional.

Illusionist. He's only 18, so needs some levelling. But he's some decent dps and lots of utility with stuns and mez.

Ranger. Level 22. Brings tracking, stealth, run speed (though gimp has sow). Haven't been playing him and planned on making him assassin because I didn't want to have to kite to solo later on. But with a group, the arrows might be cool (and I have a woodcrafter to make them). Decent dps and some utility.

Inquisitor. Melee, plate, and heals. With two plate classes and the ability to let gimp do more dps, it could possibry work. Have to start from scratch (probably delete my bruiser).

I threw this out on the official boards and they say Coercer, Warlock, Dirge or Defiler. So they've been real helpful. Warlock, I'd probably just keep my wizard. Coercer, I'd probably just keep my Illusionist (the coercer forum is grim). Dirge and Defiler sound interesting, but I'm thinking we'd need more dps thought a Defiler's slows might be nice. Dirge would probably annoy me, don't they have to twist songs like a Bard from EQ?

Anyway. Thoughts? Signe won't come outside and play in the rain.  evil
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 12:16:14 PM

I'd go Illy I think.  It would be a serious force multiplier for that group.  Buffs, CC and DPS.  You'd be able to do harder fights faster with less downtime.  The power regen gives the Fury the option of nuking more with less risk of running out of power for heals greatly increasing his contribution.  The ability to handle CC effectively also means that with some skill you guys can do much tougher group content than otherwise.

Wizzie would get you through each fight faster but you wouldn't be able to do as tough a fight and you would have more downtime.  Same with Ranger or Assassin really.

Inqi could be good but that means most of the time either you are the fury is acting as a DPS.  Although the extra heals may help for some tougher fights I don't think it would be as helpful as good CC.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 12:28:48 PM

For my 2 coppers. The holy trinity of EQ2 is tank, healer and DPS. I am not saying an enchanter is useless. I do think DPS would be more usefull in more cases. A necro is great DPS without aggro issues and utility. Heal, debuff, off tank with pet. Any of the caster or rogue classes would work for a serving of DPS.

As a side note. You talking about the SK has caused me to roll one. They do rock! A lot of fun for a tank class.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 12:31:56 PM

I hate the rain.  I am, however, going to do the betrayal quest with my monk because I've never done it before.  Plus, I'm tired of having to kill guards.  I'll eventually level up Stabby, too, in something other than alchemy.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 12:44:31 PM

I say add the wizard for the trio.

I have never played WoW.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 01:27:33 PM

I think I have a mystic I'd play there..

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 01:40:12 PM

Can't really answer that without knowing your group goal. Is it to exp and level as fast as possible? Is it to quest around all over the place and explore the game entirely? Is it to challenge the most difficult content you can and survive?

Each of those questions to me has a different answer.

Exp + fast level = Ranger. Their auto-attack bow damage is awesome and means they burn very little power which means less downtime.

Quest + Exploration = Wizard for ports and such (or do Furys get those too?)

Surviving difficult content = Illusionist - Mez

All three though have some level of DPS though so you probably won't notice a huge difference no matter which way go.

I would say though that another healer or tank would be overkill and not the ideal. But you can make just about any combo or trio work in eq2. Kind of the nice thing about the game.
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 02:45:52 PM

We tend to do quests all over and have a hard time with some of the more difficult ones, if that helps.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 09:23:57 AM

Or I could just keep playing my SK and enjoy questing with you guys before you out-level me while I'm playing Bioshock :P The wiz is already lvl 30, I'd have to get cruising on the illusionist to bring him up to par, but he's also the better solo character.

I can make the full line of t4 armor, hit 39 last night and made myself some decent feysteel revenant stuff.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 02:07:33 PM

You can also start killing Orcs in Zek near Deathfist Citadel for Blood Iron Ore (also I think the miners have a chance to drop it too and also any mob in DFC itself).  You can buy the Armor books off the Vendor or get them off drops in DFC.  Anyway it's the first armor set you can use and it's pretty good stuff.  Stat wise its about the same as the lvl 42 Ebon mastercrafted stuff but it's wearable at 37 and it's got a bonus for each piece you wear.  Blood Iron armor should get you to 52 and Cobalt gear in good order.

Also you have to use a special forge in DFC to make the armor but it's pretty easy to get to even for a small group.

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Deathfist_Armor

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007, 06:41:22 AM

Yes, Blood Iron is high on my list of stuff to do. I was soloing in the mines for quests quite a bit, I've got 3 of the ore in the bank (none dropped the night oly, gimpy and I were in there doing my crazy suicide quest style). Saw the books on the vendor, too. DFC is still a bit hairy for our group, but should be doable soon. My SK is pretty durable for a solo character, though I'm sure a full-time dungeon/group SK would have better gear. All Mastercraft/Legendary, at least Adept I on all CAs and spells, though I do need to grab the last couple levels because I've been lazy and focused on adventure.

I thought maybe I'd stop playing EQ2 after I got BioShock, but it's definitely a good game to play before bed and wind down from the adrenaline of BioShock (assuming I don't try any crazy EQ2 stunts, of course).
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: August 22, 2007, 07:20:13 AM

My SK is pretty durable for a solo character, though I'm sure a full-time dungeon/group SK would have better gear.

Having been grouping since the early 30's I'm pretty sure that if you are full Mastercrafted you are better equipped than all but the very few elite twinkies.  Most group orientated people have patchwork bits and peices some great, some meh.  Mastercrafted is equivalent stat wise to legendary (some individual pieces may vary of course).  It's actually really difficult to put together full suits of Legendary armor before the 60's and I don't think I've seen anyone decked out in Fabled that wasn't lvl 70.  The time commitment and resources necessary to get that gear is just way too high when you are out leveling it ever few days/weeks.

Last night my guild decided to go do some lvl 40-50sih Raid x4 stuff (for the AA I guess, I wasn't on when the decision was made) and there was some REALLY nice lvl 40sih Fabled Armor dropping with great stats but NO one does that kind of content at level appropriate times now.  Guilds just aren't set up that way.  All that armor is probably going to end up on the vendor to fund guild repairs for the real raids and other costs.  What I am saying is that you are as kitted out as anyone at a comparable level and probably much better than most.

Really, it's easier to slack in your gear at the mid-levels if you group a lot simply because other people in the group will compensate for your deficiencies.  I agree that a focused group trying to push the limits of what content they can do will probably be among the best equipped for their levels but I don't think there are too many of those around.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007, 08:36:18 AM

The time commitment and resources necessary to get that gear is just way too high when you are out leveling it ever few days/weeks.
Exactly. As a dedicated soloer, this is one of the reasons I keep myself level-locked (well, combat exp turned off, I still level at a decent clip imo). Doing quests, getting AA and exploring the decent quantity of middle-level content are the others.

Most people rush to the top and then everything is camped to hell and crowded, there's raid crap to deal with (which I never will), so you have a handful of instances and wait for the next expansion...which will be camped to hell except for a handful of instances. I get to check out all kinds of stuff and the worst I have to deal with is a group of twinked out alts on an off-raid night zerging the nameds in a shared dungeon (which I can't do anyway unless oly+gimp are around).

Actually, the worst thing, people-wise, I have to deal with is trying to harvest in a popular area, as level 70s cherry pick all the stone nodes :)

It's a very relaxing way to play, I find. Being kitted out to take on solo challenges better is a definite bonus, last night I was fighting all 38-40 stuff, the 39 ^ were a bit of a struggle (resists and goddamned healer mobs) and I didn't try any ^^ because I struggle with them and I was just playing to relax (I've killed a few white ^^ but never a yellow ^^). I'm in absolutely no rush to level, at times I wish I weren't getting quest xp, I levelled from 31 to 35 on just quest exp in a month and I've only just begun enchanted lands (I was up on the backside of EL, got two quests that gave me a total of 3.5gp, nice to finally see yellow on the quest rewards). I've done about half of Zek, most of Nektulos, skipped a lot of TS because I was outlevelling it.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #18 on: August 22, 2007, 10:30:39 AM

Note: I am very disappointed the Guardian's Hoo'Loh hat.  That is all.

"Me am play gods"
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: August 22, 2007, 10:47:37 AM

I'll probably quest for the Assassin Hoo'Loh hat but there is little chance I will use it.  I plan on doing the relic armor at 67 (no brainer there unless I am missing something, great stats and easy to get) and then grouping with the guildies for the legendary set and raiding with the guild for the Fabled (though Kunark will probably be out by then which will change plans).  I can't see losing the set bonus of the relic and others for a hat with the same graphic but different colors.

Dinged 61 last night, got my Mastercrafted ready for 62 (hopefully by this weekend).  The wealth of 60+ content is a little intimidating actually, not sure where to focus my efforts.

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: August 22, 2007, 10:51:46 AM

I plan on doing the relic armor at 67 (no brainer there unless I am missing something, great stats and easy to get) and then grouping with the guildies for the legendary set and raiding with the guild for the Fabled (though Kunark will probably be out by then which will change plans).  I can't see losing the set bonus of the relic and others for a hat with the same graphic but different colors.

Wait... Relic is easy to get now? I haven't done much t7 since I stopped raiding back before EoF but Relic used to be a rare drop in t7 raid instances (Labs, Lyceum, etc...) Or are you saying that the old KoS raids are just easy now? I can see that but a raid is still a raid.

Or did they change Relic entirely now and put it somewhere else?
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: August 22, 2007, 11:03:15 AM

The gems drop on Sanctum of the Scaleborn off common heroic mobs for sure, I received several on Sunday alone.  A quick check of the broker afterwards showed me that getting enough gems for the full kit would only be about 2-3 pp all told.  You need three of each one specified by your archtype, right?

I am possibly misunderstanding this and there may be two separate types of gems with the same exact name but I'm kind of doubting that.  I used the gem names from eq2i for my broker search.  YMMV based on server, class and etc...

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #22 on: August 22, 2007, 11:08:47 AM

Dinged 61 last night, got my Mastercrafted ready for 62 (hopefully by this weekend).  The wealth of 60+ content is a little intimidating actually, not sure where to focus my efforts.

Picked up my 62 set at 60 as incentive, but have found it tough going getting to 61.  Where is this magical content?  Loping Plains and Barren Sky?  I guess I'm trying to save that as it seems like the end of solo stuff.  You are probably talking about all of the group stuff, though.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: August 22, 2007, 11:14:00 AM

Seems to me everyone talks about soloing the Nest, whatever that is. Like "if you know how to play your class well, you can solo the Nest." Several of the class forums talk about it, sounds like a decent solo place with 5 nameds? Well, decent meaning hard as hell, you'll need gear and an optimized build and know how to play the class to the fullest. But that's the kind of solo challenge I hope to do in five years when I hit 70. Or 80, when it's trivialized, I guess. Probably 90 by then.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: August 22, 2007, 11:19:45 AM

Re: relic gems

According to EQ2 Loot DB the gems, at least the ones I need, drop from common mobs in SoS and Bonemire as well as the Raid Instances:
a Scaleborn acolyte (Sanctum of the Scaleborn)
a Scaleborn reaver (Sanctum of the Scaleborn)
a Scaleborn ritualist (Sanctum of the Scaleborn)
a Scaleborn warrior (Sanctum of the Scaleborn)
a silent sentinel (Sanctum of the Scaleborn)
a Vornerus hiveward (The Bonemire)
a Vornerus prowler (The Bonemire)
a watchful custodian (Sanctum of the Scaleborn)

Re: 60+ content

Yes, I am referring to group content.  There is oodles of it, numerous dungeons and instances and etc...

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: August 22, 2007, 12:39:22 PM

Relic armor is high-end KoS armor that is created from mob drops. Players must obtain the base no trade armor in KoS raid zones (Lyceum, Vyemm's Lab, Deathtoll), then bring the piece(s) plus the appropriate dropped (tradeable) gems to Keortor Talyse in Solusek's Eye for final creation.

Much easier to get the legendary sets from the group EoF instances (Obelisk of Light, Crypt of Valdoon, etc.), The EoF legendary set is comparable, if not better, than the KoS Relic Gear.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 12:41:05 PM by Bandit »
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: August 22, 2007, 01:22:09 PM

Relic armor is high-end KoS armor that is created from mob drops. Players must obtain the base no trade armor in KoS raid zones (Lyceum, Vyemm's Lab, Deathtoll), then bring the piece(s) plus the appropriate dropped (tradeable) gems to Keortor Talyse in Solusek's Eye for final creation.

OK, I thought there was something I was misunderstanding there.  It seemed way too easy.

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: August 23, 2007, 05:13:27 AM

Ahh yeah. The gem drops are the easy part. The hard part is getting the pattern which is also part of the turn-in. Back when I was raiding there would be maybe 1 or 2 pattern drops per 24-man raid, which at the time each raid was about 2 hours. Most of those zones can probably be completed in an hour or less now by the EoF T7 raid guilds.

Thought maybe they changed the patterns to be easier to get or removed them all together.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: August 23, 2007, 06:47:51 AM

Back in the day, you could send a small raid force (12-man) into Labs and clear trash mobs near the entrance to farm for relic patterns...as long as you didn't kill a named, you could go in and out of the instance.  The patterns come in generic cloth, leather, chain, and plate for various armour parts.

Like I said though, at 67 you could get much better armour from the EoF group instances.  You at least have a 1 and 6 chance of getting a Legendary piece, and most take no more than an hour...except for unrest, but I assume groups have that down to a 2-hour fine science.  These EoF instances (actually very well done) are much more fun than a raid anyways.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: August 23, 2007, 07:01:41 AM

Yeah, i was wondering why every so often someone in guild chat would go, "Glove Boss up in Unrest!" or whatever when the Relic Stuff seemed easier and almost equivalent.  Recently some of the people in my guild have been whining that there aren't enough guild pug's for the EoF stuff because so many of the upper levels have full sets already.  Gloves seem to be the ones everyone is stuck on.

The guild does do labs trash runs pretty often also (once a week or more) so maybe it will go pretty smoothly.

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: August 23, 2007, 07:25:46 AM

Obelisk of Blight - Boots
Castle Mistmoore - Legs
Crypt of Valdoon - Forearms
Mistmore Catacombs - Shoulders
Kaladim Ring Event - Gloves
Estate of Unrest - Chest/Helmet

All very good areas, catacombs and kaladim being the only non-instances (I think).  You should definitely check out Estate of Unrest, easily the best instance out there for scripting and overall experience.

Most would argue that the Relic Armour or the Class Specific KOS Fabled are much better than the EoF Legendary, but it isn't much better and definitely not worth the effort - especially with Kunark on the horizon.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: August 23, 2007, 07:33:26 AM

Obelisk of Blight - Boots
Castle Mistmoore - Legs
Crypt of Valdoon - Forearms
Mistmore Catacombs - Shoulders
Kaladim Ring Event - Gloves
Estate of Unrest - Chest/Helmet

That's what I was talking about the almost intimidating wealth of 60+ content.  There are also 4 or 5 or more Kingdom of Sky areas AND several places in Desert of Flames that are good at that level.

That said I have an illness because I want to grind up for 'The Ebon Dragon" title for my toon :-(

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: August 23, 2007, 07:38:14 AM

Yeah, there is definitely alot of 60+ content with KoS and EoF out...but most of the instances in EoF can be done in an hour.  KoS not so much, nest runs are under an hour easy though.  I forgot about Fallen Dynasty, but really the whole pack is ho-hum.

"Ebon Dragon", is that one of the KoS Faction titles from the monk orders?
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: August 23, 2007, 07:49:06 AM

Yeah, if you are Freeport/Neriak aligned when you finish the monk quest line in Pillars of Flame you get the title the Ebon Dragon, if you are Qeynos/Kelethin you get the Jade Tiger.  The problem is that there is a pause in the quests where you have to grind faction at 100 points a kill for several hundred heroic mob kills.  it's a shitty time sink but it does mean that very few people have the title.

I'm one quest away from Nybright Benefactor, which I could care less about, and about 7000 kills from Orc Slayer which is a relief that I am not as much a catass as some.

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: August 23, 2007, 07:52:35 AM

I tried to get the Jade Tiger title, but I came up a bit short.  I just remember some type of fish that was incredibly annoying to hunt, so I finally decided it wasn't worth it.  Try getting the Fallen Dynasty 'Golden Sun" title, it is fuckin crazy one to get as well.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Bat Country notes  
Jump to: