Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:00:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Hellgate London Release Date Announced 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hellgate London Release Date Announced  (Read 24148 times)
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Ghetto Gear Solid: Raiden

on: August 06, 2007, 08:28:43 AM

Happy Halloween.

http://www.mcvuk.com/press-releases/30881/EA-AND-NAMCO-BANDAI-GAMES-ANNOUNCE-NOVEMBER-2nd-RELEASE-DATE-FOR-HELLGATE-LONDON

NA 10/31, EU 11/2

I thought they were never gonna release this thing.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 08:31:25 AM by Falwell »
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 08:41:40 AM

STOKED. This fall rocks my socks.
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 08:45:42 AM

STOKED. This fall rocks my socks.

No joke. AoC and Hellgate released within 24 hours of each other. My inner child cheers, my social life gets caged for a week.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 08:46:47 AM

Perhaps I'll take my Christmas week off early.
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 08:48:36 AM

No joke. AoC and Hellgate released within 24 hours of each other. My inner child cheers, my social life gets caged for a week.

i lolled. So not coming out on time.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 08:57:50 AM

Um.

Has there actually been a demo ?

All the trailers I saw made me wince.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 09:14:31 AM

Guys, besides Immortal Throne, I think this is the closest thing we're going to get to Diablo 3. Well, there's also Loki - which is out in Europe - but there's not much information on it atm.
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 10:08:20 AM

In a shameless, major derail of my own thread, while doing my daily website rounds I came across this as well. This is quite possibly the greatest video game trailer of all time and as such I felt it required immediate attention.

Well, it is for World in Conflict coming out this fall, so I can blame Schild.

Those of you not alive during 80's television will be completely in the dark...

http://www.gamespot.com/video/932462/6176096/videoplayerpop?

You may now return to Hellgate London discussion.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 10:30:55 AM

In a shameless, major derail of my own thread, while doing my daily website rounds I came across this as well. This is quite possibly the greatest video game trailer of all time and as such I felt it required immediate attention.

Holy crap.
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 10:42:40 AM

Holy crap.

While I admit the cut scene characters looked amazing, I honestly wish there was actual game play in PR releases like this. I personally don't give a rat's ass what the cut scenes look like--I'm not buying a visual novel, I'm buying a game.

Show me the GAME dammit, not how pretty your characters are.

Rumors of War
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 10:45:54 AM

It's Yet Another RTS. At the bottom of the list for this fall. Just not something I want to put time into. Not exciting enough.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 11:26:36 AM

I was 'Holy Crap'ing because I fucking love ad's like that.

Edit: As for the game itself, it's yet another game that I can't waste my precious time on.  As for HG:L, it's already purchased in my head.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 12:17:37 PM

Needed Cylons and more gold jewelry.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 12:28:31 PM

Was that supposed to look like the intro to an 80s sitcom? Also Schild, rolleyes all you want but Massive also made Ground Control which was a pretty huge departure from the standard gather/build paradigm started by CnC. At least they know how to break the mold.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 12:40:23 PM

Was that supposed to look like the intro to an 80s sitcom? Also Schild, rolleyes all you want but Massive also made Ground Control which was a pretty huge departure from the standard gather/build paradigm started by CnC. At least they know how to break the mold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMjmyv1rNJ8

I'm not sure I'm interested in the game but that trailer rocked nostalgia-wise.

Guys, besides Immortal Throne, I think this is the closest thing we're going to get to Diablo 3.

There's Mythos too although that's just some sort of side project being created with the engine from Hellgate.   I'm probably breaking some sort of NDA I can't remember but I doubt anyone will bust my chops for singing praises.  The engine in Mythos is very very solid as a Diablo style game.  It's hard to know how that relates to Hellgate where the engine comes from but I have good expectations.

Considering the dearth of D2 clones with good secure server play though I'm going to be pretty irked if it sucks.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 12:48:07 PM by Amaron »
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 02:02:50 PM

Very close my good man, but it isn't the A-Team. Magnum P.I. is the winner.

EDIT: As luck would have it, new HD gameplay footage of Co-Op mode. Looks like she's shaping up nicely.

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13755
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 02:25:11 PM by Falwell »
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 03:38:24 PM

Guys, besides Immortal Throne, I think this is the closest thing we're going to get to Diablo 3. Well, there's also Loki - which is out in Europe - but there's not much information on it atm.

Isn't HG:L supposed to be a MMO first-person-shooter? They're waving the ghost of Diablo in front of you, but it won't be Diablo, it might be a FPS with lots of loot drops and a "ding" noise.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
schild
Administrator

Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 03:56:33 PM

Oh, not really, Hellgate: London, at it's core, is Diablo. The question will be is does "click click click" translate to another field of view. Well, we'll see.
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 06, 2007, 10:14:51 PM

Isn't HG:L supposed to be a MMO first-person-shooter? They're waving the ghost of Diablo in front of you, but it won't be Diablo, it might be a FPS with lots of loot drops and a "ding" noise.

Best way I can describe it, at least the online component, is Diablo loot system, HL2 perspective, Guild Wars heavy instancing with town community hubs. Heavy randomization including the levels, mobs etc. Should have a long hard drive life if they pull it all off.

Also, any plans for a F13 Hellgate crew?
schild
Administrator

Reply #19 on: August 06, 2007, 10:19:08 PM

Of course there are plans for Bat Country in Hellgate. Are you kidding? ALL SORTS OF PLANS.

We're talking, like, fucking, 900 people or something

Madness.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #20 on: August 06, 2007, 10:22:28 PM

If the screen isn't filled wall to wall with monsters it's not Diablo-like. If you spend most of your time running around backwards it's not Diablo-like.

Edit: changed "Diablo" to "Diablo-like"

« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 10:24:13 PM by Trippy »
schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: August 06, 2007, 10:23:50 PM

Heh, there are plenty of classes in diablo that involve strafe killing. I'm sure some builds in HG won't require you run backwards.

I'm confident there will be Lots and Lots of monsters.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #22 on: August 06, 2007, 10:26:11 PM

I'm confident there will be Lots and Lots of monsters.
Haven't seen or heard anything that indicates that's true.
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: August 06, 2007, 10:41:05 PM

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: August 06, 2007, 10:42:53 PM

If this is anything like other F13 guilds there will be a bunch of people signed up then 2 weeks later 3 people.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #25 on: August 06, 2007, 11:30:33 PM

I'll wait and see. Or to put it another way, you guys will all buy it, and depending on the feedback after 3-6 weeks, I'll have an idea if it's worth buying or not. To echo my WAR comments - I have high hopes, but low expectations.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #26 on: August 06, 2007, 11:42:08 PM

If it does actually play like that it might make up for the fact that it's not really a shooter. Maybe.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #27 on: August 07, 2007, 07:14:59 AM

If this is anything like other F13 guilds there will be a bunch of people signed up then 2 weeks later 3 people.
That is the great thing about Bat Country. It's a fluid object, quicksilver. Can't be pinned down.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #28 on: August 07, 2007, 08:27:35 AM

How old is that picture?  The new video does not show the topdown view.  That could very well just be something Roper put together in Maya after lunch one day.

The new video makes me think it might not suck, however it looks much more like GuildWars than Diablo.  Since I am avoiding reading about things like this, are we going to be allowed some viewpoint other than third-person?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #29 on: August 07, 2007, 08:32:00 AM

The top down view is guaranteed. In multiple interviews Flagship has said that Korean like to be able to "pull way out [on the camera]" even in games where it's not meant to be. From the sounds of things, a nearly diablo PoV should be possible. Maybe not with dedicated shooty characters, but I'd rather play 3rd person with that skillset anyway. Will add longevity to the game imo.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #30 on: August 07, 2007, 08:42:04 AM

Uh.  Koreans?  Srsly?  Not sure if that is a good or bad sign.  For shooty types, I'd love to try the first-person, but third would work if it came down to it.

I'm going back under my rock.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: August 07, 2007, 11:55:35 AM

There's a rock in the lightswitch?

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: August 07, 2007, 01:03:06 PM

What happened to the game that was going to come out before Hellgate as a test of networking code?

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #33 on: August 07, 2007, 01:08:13 PM

There's a rock in the lightswitch?

Incidentally, it's the rock that Jason and the Argonauts were shipwrecked on.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #34 on: August 07, 2007, 01:09:37 PM

What happened to the game that was going to come out before Hellgate as a test of networking code?

http://www.mythos.com/

So far, I remain uninvited into the beta.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Hellgate London Release Date Announced  
Jump to: