Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:43:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: What the hell is wrong with people? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What the hell is wrong with people?  (Read 10615 times)
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

on: March 23, 2004, 11:19:42 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/03/23/kindegarten.marijuana.ap/index.html

This shit pisses me off. Parents that give their 4 & 5 year old children access to pot and crack should be executed.

Ever since I "tutored" in an inner city school in Dayton this shit has bothered me. My fraternity volunteered for an Adopt-A-School program and 2-3 of us would go to the school every day with the idea that we were going to tutor kids to help them get back on track or to get ahead. Instead, the first year of the program, and the only year I participated, the teachers instead used us to dump off their problem kids so they could actually teach the rest of the class.

I ended up in a room full of 3rd grade drug dealing delinquents. The fashion amongst them at the time was marijuana leaf jewelty and pagers. What the hell does a 3rd grader need with a pager and why does a 3rd grader even know what a marijuana leaf is?

The years afterward the program got turned around and they actually used us the right way to help the good students get better but I had my fill that first year.
Arcadian Del Sol
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 11:23:44 AM

Quote from: UD_Delt
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/03/23/kindegarten.marijuana.ap/index.html

This shit pisses me off. Parents that give their 4 & 5 year old children access to pot and crack should be executed.

Lets not over-react. I'm sure if you raised enough money, you could build you a stalag to jail them.

unbannable
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 12:24:13 PM

In answer to your question...

What the hell is wrong with people?

People are stupid.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 12:51:08 PM

I'd blame gangs more than parents on the drug-holding/knowledge, then I'd blame parents for not wondering why their kid is hanging out with gangs and carrying a beeper at 8 years-old.

"Yo Ma! Timmy just paged me to meet him at the jungle gym, a'ight. Peace, I'm out!"

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #4 on: March 23, 2004, 04:35:53 PM

Quote from: HaemishM
In answer to your question...

What the hell is wrong with people?

People are stupid.

I think thats putting it a bit to nicely. How about a heavy dose of bleach for the genepool.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 23, 2004, 07:17:00 PM

Also on Monday, authorities in Indianapolis said a 4-year-old boy took crack cocaine that police said was worth up to $10,000 to his preschool class and showed it to classmates, saying it was flour.

HOLY FUCKING HELL.  What in the name of all that is sacred is a 4 year old kid doing with TEN FUCKING GRAND worth of crack?!?!   Damn right it could have killed the kids.  If any local druggie had known the kid was carrying that much bank in coke on him, they would have been ripping him limb from limb to get it.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
daveNYC
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 23, 2004, 07:32:18 PM

Guess those druggies need to child-proof their houses.
Arcadian Del Sol
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 24, 2004, 04:23:50 AM

Solution: More. Gun. Legislation.

Alternative Solution: Dope. Registration.

unbannable
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 24, 2004, 09:17:46 AM

The current political solution is to throw copious amounts of cash at it and miraculously, it will be fixed.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 24, 2004, 09:28:02 AM

I think the alternate solution would be vasectomies all around at birth. Once you reach 21 you are allowed to take an IQ/Parenting test which would allow you to get it reversed.

I've seen way too much bad parenting over the years. First the tutoring and more recently over the past 2 years since my Aunt & Uncle have been trying to adopt. While waiting they've been fostering for various children. So far they've had 2 drug exposed infants, one born to a welfare woman who already has 5 other kids. Both infants eventually went back to their mothers. The 2 other brothers they fostered eventually went to their father who while working to gain custody would not even bother to visit his sons while he was in town for court.

I really need to try and develop some tolerance if and when the fiancee and I decide to adopt otherwise there is no way I will be able to deal with these fucks.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #10 on: March 24, 2004, 09:54:10 AM

I don't think some of you are grasping the fact that these parents probably arent the ones handing drugs to their kids. Many dealers use young kids as runners for them because they are under the radar and they don't have to pay them anything much. Hence the reason a 4 year-old comes into possession of $10,000 worth of crack. Some dealer gave it to him to hold until a buyer could make the transaction, that way the dealer can deny possession if the trade goes bad and the added security of knowing a young kid isn't going to get hassled by the fuzz.

cerberus

Email
Reply #11 on: March 24, 2004, 10:45:16 AM

Well now I know what paelos occupation is.
law enforcement.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #12 on: March 24, 2004, 11:35:39 AM

I thought I was a financial analyst.

But in all seriousness I'm friends and fraternity brothers with two of Atlanta's finest in blue.

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 24, 2004, 12:25:34 PM

Paelos,

You might be right about the kid with the crack, either his parent's are slinging the rock or some other dealer is using the kid, but I would guess the kid with the pot raided his parent's stash.

Either way, parents of both children are unfit and should have been victims of natural selection.
XplOrOrOr

Email
Reply #14 on: March 24, 2004, 08:38:46 PM

Quote from: UD_Delt
I think the alternate solution would be vasectomies all around at birth. Once you reach 21 you are allowed to take an IQ/Parenting test which would allow you to get it reversed.

I've seen way too much bad parenting over the years. First the tutoring and more recently over the past 2 years since my Aunt & Uncle have been trying to adopt. While waiting they've been fostering for various children. So far they've had 2 drug exposed infants, one born to a welfare woman who already has 5 other kids. Both infants eventually went back to their mothers. The 2 other brothers they fostered eventually went to their father who while working to gain custody would not even bother to visit his sons while he was in town for court.

I really need to try and develop some tolerance if and when the fiancee and I decide to adopt otherwise there is no way I will be able to deal with these fucks.

I fully agree!

But not at birth. At age 12. All get it done.
Then no matter what they have to wait until they reach age 27. By then they will be mature. Get the "college years" out and done. Be secure in a job for a few years. Have money saved. Perhaps a new car.

Then at age 27 if they want to have kids, they take the test you mention, plus their lifestyle is looked at aka do they make enough money to be able to afford a kid?
 After they have a kid, they get "fixed" again.
Then if they want to have another kid they have to repeat the test and lifestyle check aka can they afford a 2nd kid?

A Judge in New Jersey once got in trouble for giving a welfare mother a lecture to not have any more kids. (She had 4 kids and could not really afford them all. Maybe 1 kid comfortably.)
  He almost lost his Judge position from a lawsuit! Uggg!
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 25, 2004, 07:41:42 AM

Its fun to say, but it is ultimately an uninformed stupid idea if you spend even 20 seconds thinking about it.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 25, 2004, 07:56:26 AM

Its fun to say, but it is ultimately an uninformed stupid idea if you spend even 20 seconds thinking about it.

No shit. Obviously it's not something that would ever happen. I mean what parent would elect to have their newborn son's genitalia altered? Oh wait, lots of parents do that... It's called circumcision.

But anyway... You're still right. It's just a knee-jerk solution to my hatred of stupidiots who never should have had children.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 26, 2004, 07:06:57 AM

Quote from: Alluvian

Works in china, well, kind of ...

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: What the hell is wrong with people?  
Jump to: