Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:15:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Another giant name free-up August 29th 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another giant name free-up August 29th  (Read 2836 times)
Miscreant
Terracotta Army

on: August 01, 2007, 09:30:55 AM

CoX is freeing up names again.  Last time they did this, I logged in the next day and created "Disaster", "Goldrush", and "Roadblock" (who became my new main). 

Starting 8/29/2007 the City of Heroes and City of Villains Character Name Policy will be re-enacted with some changes. As previously announced last year, we are hereby giving players 30 days notice that this policy will be turned back on effective Wednesday, August 29, 2007.

Names for characters below level 6 on game retail accounts that have been *inactive for over 90 days will be changed to unreserved status. This means that those names will become available for new character names if picked by an active (subscribed) player. This policy is being enacted in order to free up character names based on player feedback and for our Character Transfer and Rename features.

If your game account is inactive for over 90 days and you reactivate your account you will need to log back in to any characters affected by this policy to move them out of unreserved name status. If your old character name has been taken by an active player, the game will prompt you to rename your character. You will be given only one opportunity to rename your character. It is possible that your character name may still be the same if an active player has not chosen to use that character name. Your global handle will not be affected.

http://www.coh.com/news/archives/2007/07/city_of_heroes_30.html

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 10:06:32 AM

Great idea.....I think I am being totally original with my naming in CoX and I get cockblocked by "Name already taken" time after time.  Such an alt paradise, so everyone has claim to like 30 character names.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Another giant name free-up August 29th  
Jump to: