Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:52:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: 2Moons Beta is up 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2Moons Beta is up  (Read 3693 times)
Venkman
Terracotta Army

on: July 31, 2007, 12:00:56 PM

Main Site. Open beta section in the lower right corner. Supposedly a "mature audience" game, but it is from the resurrected Akklaim so I have no idea what to expect there. Free to play in any case.

Note too sure what this game offers that others haven't done. But it was on my "watch" list from awhile back for some reason so I thought I'd mention the beta.
Baldrake
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 12:08:18 PM

Jeebus, that site tried to get me to install an ActiveX thingy. shocked
Tairnyn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 02:20:20 PM

Played for about 20 minutes before I couldn't stand it anymore. I would usually play more before offering my opinion, but I lack the masochism to keep going. The only thing 'mature' about it seems to be the tactless overuse of edited foul language.

The texturing actually doesn't look too bad, but the design of the first city I was in lacked any real creativity to keep my interest. Most of the text is littered with misspellings and typing errors.

Skills and quests are the same contrived archetypes we've come to know and loathe, find this, kill 10 of these. Combat is your standard click and watch variety with the occasional use of skills, although the combat animations were slightly entertaining the first 3 or 4 battles. Controls offer the WSAD and click-to-move, but it's buggy and will often send you off in random directions if you don't click just right.

Would make a decent free game for those who want their fix of cursing, but charging for it would be a travesty.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 02:53:29 PM

Doesn't work on my machine. Launcher launches, then nada. No error message, just nothing. No idea why. Nothing on the rather chaotic message boards.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 04:02:59 PM

I played this a long while ago and wasn't impressed.  It was early in testing so I won't comment on how it is now but at the time I couldn't see how it was any different from what the korean version must be like.   If David Perry actually changed anything in that game my only thoughts are they should of picked better starting IP to work with.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 04:58:06 PM

I played it a while back, too, and didn't think it was very glorious.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: 2Moons Beta is up  
Jump to: