Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:29:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Intel accused of violating antitrust laws in Europe 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Intel accused of violating antitrust laws in Europe  (Read 1023 times)
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

on: July 29, 2007, 10:18:51 AM

New development in the news regarding Intel's business practices.

I know it probably doesn't help anyone at all regarding what computer parts to buy, but poking about the web I've also read allegations that Intel prevented the release of VIA's chipset for months through strong arm tactics simply because VIA's chipset was better than Intel's own, and also allegations that the Barcelona chip was 'unnaturally' delayed through Intel's shenanigans, the upshot of it being that the Core2Duo got on the market before AMD's 65nm chip through strong arm tactics as well.

I'm inclined to think that AMD is crying foul simply because Intel has finally put out a better chip for cheaper than AMD, and consequently AMD is losing a lot of the market. But if anyone has more detailed information, I'd welcome it. The stuff I've read is vague, or becomes to technically complex for me that I can't really see the issues.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Intel accused of violating antitrust laws in Europe  
Jump to: