Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:22:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: $20K/month Federal tax free Web development job with one catch 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: $20K/month Federal tax free Web development job with one catch  (Read 5455 times)
Trippy
Administrator

on: July 27, 2007, 01:55:54 AM

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 09:50:41 AM

Bad link. undecided

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
WayAbvPar

Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 09:57:41 AM

The good news is you can probably still do web development with most of your limbs blown off, so you can keep earning that sweet, sweet lucre while recuperating.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Not really WAP, it's a 3 month temp job.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 03:08:09 PM

Bad link. undecided
That's odd it works for me.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 04:09:08 PM

Bad link. undecided

(Now, can someone explain to me why a web/dev needs to be in country as opposed to linked over a sat or fiber?)

Web Development Software Engineer

Description
Title: Web Developer (must have secret clearance)
Job Type: 3 month contract (could go shorter)
Salary: $20k per month
Start date: ASAP with 2 weeks training (one in Washington DC and another in Ft. Bening GA)
# of Openings: 1

Summary:A principal Department of Defense agency is looking for programmers, developers or coders to code, support field deployment and maintenance of a new database application which will be used by Army units in Iraq. Scope These are full-time positions (12/7) located at one of the major US Bases in IRAQ. Deployment will be period of 3 months. Training on the application software will begin prior to deployment and will take place in Virginia. These positions are available for full time employment or for independent contractors. These positions are available now

Requirements
Requirements:
-A Department of Defense secret clearance within last 24 months
-Willing to work a 3 month contract in Iraq at US military bases
-2-4 programming experience preferably with JAVA or HTML
-US Citizen
-Knowledge of database systems preferably SQL

Plus:
-Familiarity with military networks and systems is desired, but not required.
-Relevant military background ( e.g. hands-on engineering background in S6 or G6 shop or MOS 25B or 74B is desired but not required.)
-AS or BS Degree in Computer Science minimum

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 06:06:28 PM

Requirements:
Minus the damn clearance I can meet those standing on my head.  Don't think I'd really want to go to Iraq though.  I am not sure why they need someone physically there unless you are going to be running cable and rebooting servers on a regular basis, which is quite difficult to do from across the globe.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 07:06:46 PM

Part of it is presumably the time difference though can be managed if you are willing to change your schedule. Another is presumably the security issue -- meaning they want to keep their eyes on you and the material you are working with at all times.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 07:07:25 PM

I am going to make a silly guess that this web app isn't going to be on the Internet.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007, 06:30:48 AM

The ad references deployment of the system to the field.  I don't think the position has anything to do with development.  It sounds more like setting up the system at several locations, making sure they work properly, making sure they interface back to the states, doing training and code tweeking or script writing.  I doubt if it can be done sitting on your but in the states.

It's probably a position they have someone in mind for but have to place an ad for anyway do to policy, at least the 'preferred' MOS stuff makes me think so.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #10 on: July 28, 2007, 12:17:34 PM

I am going to make a silly guess that this web app isn't going to be on the Internet.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

By law and policy, secure networks are not directly connected to the internet. If i had to guess, this is for a tactical secure battle net (encrypted laptops in squad/platoon leader's hands using wireless of some sort), which would require being within the net's range for administration/support.

Rumors of War
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: July 28, 2007, 02:17:21 PM

That's odd it works for me.
It's working for me now.  All the web developers were probably hitting it at the same time.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #12 on: July 30, 2007, 06:25:29 AM

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

By law and policy, secure networks are not directly connected to the internet. If i had to guess, this is for a tactical secure battle net (encrypted laptops in squad/platoon leader's hands using wireless of some sort), which would require being within the net's range for administration/support.

lol battle.net
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: July 30, 2007, 07:37:35 AM

No way.  I've seen this film now and one minute you're looking over Old Code and trying to find out who's hacking your website and the next you're being chased across the desert by a fuck off massive metal scorpion.

No ta.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
WayAbvPar

Reply #14 on: July 30, 2007, 09:53:54 AM

Not really WAP, it's a 3 month temp job.

1 limb a month is a small price to pay to pad your resume.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: July 30, 2007, 09:55:18 AM

I hear getting a government job as a disabled person is easier anyway.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #16 on: July 30, 2007, 12:21:18 PM

If i had to guess, this is for a tactical secure battle net (encrypted laptops in squad/platoon leader's hands using wireless of some sort), which would require being within the net's range for administration/support.

Field pr0n.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: $20K/month Federal tax free Web development job with one catch  
Jump to: