Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:44:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: Sound design 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sound design  (Read 2901 times)
Phildo
Contributor

on: July 24, 2007, 04:54:18 PM

Hey, I was wondering if anybody here is involved in or has knowledge of gaming sound design.  I'm considering going into the field and wanted to have a better idea of what I'd be getting myself into.
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 12:47:05 PM

Hey, I was wondering if anybody here is involved in or has knowledge of gaming sound design.  I'm considering going into the field and wanted to have a better idea of what I'd be getting myself into.

Procedural or composed? In other words, do you mean as someone that makes neat sounds/music to be used in games, or someone that uses the materials provided within games?

Rumors of War
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 12:55:17 PM

I'm actually curious about all aspects of it.  I don't know enough yet to be more specific, sorry.
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 12:57:47 PM

I'm actually curious about all aspects of it.  I don't know enough yet to be more specific, sorry.

Hmm...I know a couple of sound engineers have posted blogs on our gg site, but it might be difficult to track them down. I do faintly remember at least one giving some nuts and bolts details about what he does though...

Rumors of War
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 03:19:16 PM

No need to go out of your way, I still have quite a few months before I need to really get serious about a decision.  I was just hoping someone on the forum might have a little first-hand experience.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 03:26:43 PM

No need to go out of your way, I still have quite a few months before I need to really get serious about a decision.  I was just hoping someone on the forum might have a little first-hand experience.

I play game midis at work if that counts.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 05:48:05 PM

Who do you think you are, Nobuo Ookimetsu?
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 04:35:18 PM

This one time, I took a crossbow sound from Crusaders of Might and Magic (it was that terrible Lithtech engine M&M FPS), ran it through a billion filters, and turned it into a really rad sounding spinfusor noise for Tribes.

True story.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: Sound design  
Jump to: