Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:28:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Olympics 2004 - best quotes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Olympics 2004 - best quotes  (Read 2615 times)
Pineapple
Terracotta Army

on: September 03, 2004, 09:07:46 AM

Havent confirmed these, but they are funny.

1. Weightlifting commentator: "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing."

2. Dressage commentator: "This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father."

4. Boxing Analyst: "Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them really that serious."

5. Softball announcer: "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again."

6. Basketball analyst: "He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces."

7. At the rowing medal ceremony: "Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew."

8. Soccer commentator: "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field."

9. Tennis commentator: "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them... Oh my God, what have I just said?"
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 09:10:35 AM

Funny, but likely apocryphal.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Pineapple
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 09:13:52 AM

Quote from: Abagadro
Funny, but likely apocryphal.

Curses! Foiled again!

My email should automatically filter through Snopes first. That would rock.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 09:43:26 AM

Kinda obvious. Number 9 for instance they're likely referring to Andy Roddick.  He's not married.

Funny nonetheless.

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #4 on: September 03, 2004, 09:59:40 AM

Apocryphal or not, some of those are damned funny.

7. At the rowing medal ceremony: "Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew."

ROFL!!!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004, 10:12:22 AM

I hear the #9 joke YEARS ago; it's a pretty common tennis joke.  The rest are all generic enough to definitely be a collection of made-up quotes, which names changed periodically.

Bruce
Elohite
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 03, 2004, 10:50:06 AM

Julian Dicks is an english player who used to play for West Ham.  Since Great Britain cannot send football teams to the Olympics and Julian Dicks retired at least 5 years ago joke #8 is not entirely true.

Although I do believe it is an actual quote from a commentator from a few years ago.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 03, 2004, 11:19:49 AM

We watched a lot of the rowing as the wife used to row for Ohio State and I found endless amusement whenever one of the anouncer's mentioned the cox, coxless pairs, the cox box, etc.... Yes, I have the sense of humor of a 12 year old.
Rodent
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 03, 2004, 07:24:54 PM

I still love the commentary of Arne Hägerfors here in Sweden. His prefect quote would have to be "It's are looking very dark on the bench for Camerun".

Wiiiiii!
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 05, 2004, 04:31:09 AM

I've only heard of one. After the Germans won one of the rowing events:

"The Germans had a superior race plan."

Yes, actually said. :P
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Olympics 2004 - best quotes  
Jump to: