Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:56:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  PlanetSide  |  Topic: They are coming... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: They are coming...  (Read 42347 times)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #35 on: July 30, 2007, 02:49:15 PM

When I played PS it was all about zerging for maximum EP. Hell the commanders on my side got pissed at you if you tried to blow up generators.
All depends on who you play/group/squad/outfit with.
Exactly same thing applies to team-based FPSes so PS is no different in that regard.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: July 30, 2007, 02:53:06 PM

When I played PS it was all about zerging for maximum EP. Hell the commanders on my side got pissed at you if you tried to blow up generators.
Exactly same thing applies to team-based FPSes so PS is no different in that regard.

I all ready said this.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: July 30, 2007, 02:54:08 PM

Southern USA
Thanks. That gives me something to do tomorrow.
i do rely on spell checker, but sometimes words are spelled correctly, but not the right words. That, and i have partial dyslexia (This would be why i edit allot). I am an artiest by trade.
I can't spell shit either, German or English. But I am good at guessing at the right words in the spell checker.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: July 30, 2007, 02:56:35 PM

Southern USA
Thanks. That gives me something to do tomorrow.
i do rely on spell checker, but sometimes words are spelled correctly, but not the right words. That, and i have partial dyslexia (This would be why i edit allot). I am an artiest by trade.
I can't spell shit either, German or English. But I am good at guessing at the right words in the spell checker.

lol, i don't know what you mean (or imply) by the first, or second reply.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #39 on: July 30, 2007, 02:57:24 PM

I all ready said this.

You also said this about CS/BF/etc:
It all about head shots, and kills... no one cares about the objectives, because they reset. Whats it matter? I am sure it vary's from server to server... but all i ever see is lots of abusive chat, jumping, heats shots, and lots of people running around doing there own thing.
which is wrong.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: July 30, 2007, 03:01:58 PM

See. My point exactly. :-D

Maybe you gave me some information for the term paper I have to write.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: July 30, 2007, 03:16:53 PM

I all ready said this.

You also said this about CS/BF/etc:
It all about head shots, and kills... no one cares about the objectives, because they reset. Whats it matter? I am sure it vary's from server to server... but all i ever see is lots of abusive chat, jumping, heats shots, and lots of people running around doing there own thing.
which is wrong.

Its not wrong, its been my experience. But that dosn't mean that i am not aware that if i joined a clan, or maybe played on a private server, that things would be different. Please don't take my statements as being completely blankets.

There are two experiences we are talking about here.

Random dude, no outfit/clan, no VOIP = disorganized ETC...

Random dude, Affiliated with a outfit/clan, with VIOP = organized ETC..

The odd factor here is public or private server, i am sure alot of the abusive chat isn't there, or maybe it is.. But just like any "Free" (And i refer to subscription less game) you get tons of immature asshats. This is somewhat lessoned in two ways by the fee.

Now, for quite a while, even a brand new player to PS would get sucked up into an organized group of people (not even an outfit) and do the things that Kitsune said...VOIP or Outfit or not, Teamwork was the name of the game, and it was almost impossible for a new user not to get into that, or feel that way... Over time however, it seems that this .."Mentality" has lesson, and unless you seak out an outfit that plays this way, you wont randomly find it anymore (always exceptions). But there was a time you couldn't avoid it.

Thats not something i can say about session based games, especially on an entry level, i have always seen what i have said above... But i am aware there are exceptions.

Also throwing in the persistence, and there are some variables that make the comparison hard when talking about mentality's. WW2online has a very .."immersed" playerbase.. Log in, and people are speaking the speak, giving orders, rallying the troups ETC.. it reminds me of old planetside. So, while session based game can have that, i never see it (maybe because they can just switch servers?), at least not by the majority of players, i am sure however, in the world of your clan, that its there. In planetside however, that level of immersion and the team mentality, was unavoidable. I log into BF,Quake,CS games, and instantly see what i wrote above.

And the point i was trying to make, was that it has become this way in planetside...

Anyway, its always hard for me to get my point across on forums...and this was an epic derail.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 03:20:52 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: July 30, 2007, 03:17:42 PM

See. My point exactly. :-D

Maybe you gave me some information for the term paper I have to write.

Well, good luck with all that learn'n.  :-D

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  PlanetSide  |  Topic: They are coming...  
Jump to: