Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:52:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Game Update #37 Notes - From Test 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game Update #37 Notes - From Test  (Read 5278 times)
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

on: July 23, 2007, 10:44:39 AM

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=372633

Just a few highlights:

BROKER

* You can now sell items on the broker with more than one character!
    * All characters on an account can list items for sale at the same time.
    * Items remain listed as long as you log in with any of your characters at least once every 7 days.

TRAVEL

* Griffon travel services are now being offered in the Butcherblock Mountains. Mount stations can be found near the docks, Greater Faydark and Lesser Faydark.
    * Horse rentals are now available in the Greater Faydark to reduce your travel time. Hitching posts can be found near the Old Kelethin Acorn lift, Crushbone Keep and the Butcherblock Mountains.
    * Citizens of Neriak may now use the power of the Sea Gate to travel to the Nektulos Forest and Thundering Steppes docks.  Check it out at the Neriak docks.

ACHIEVEMENTS

* You can now respec your achievements and spend the points in another tree.
    * All second row achievement abilities in the class tree no longer share reuse timers with each other.

UI

* You can now re-purchase your 10 most recently sold items at the same price.
          o No time limit!
          o Even after logging out or zoning!

Plus a bunch of quest fixes/changes and more tradeskill love.

Awesome update!
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 11:02:02 AM

Solid stuff.

Griffons in BB are good, that's a boring ass run from the docks to LFay.  Getting a boat in Neriak is pure win.  And selling on all my alts at once?  Brilliant!

I guess buy back is a good idea but I've never sold anything that I wanted to keep.  Nice to know it's there though.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 11:11:06 AM

I am not sure I understand the broker thing.  This change doesn't effect the vault broker, so it doesn't affect me, right?

"Me am play gods"
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 11:36:33 AM

Only one char per account per server can be selling at any given time, currently.  With the change, you can have your alts selling out of their own homes at the same time as the main, and logging in once every 7 days keeps *all* sellers active.  Great change.

Having tradeskill writs provide xp is a good change, but I'm slightly concerned that supply of higher end goods will drop, as players can grind easier writs for XP, which could drive prices up.  Maybe the change will encourage more people to craft, balancing it out.

And it sounds like some pre-Kunark hallmark quest action might be starting?
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 11:49:31 AM

I don't understand the broker thing, either. I have stuff listed on multiple characters...so only the last one to log in is actually advertising stuff? No wonder sales were slow.

More travel options = long needed. I hate wasting an entire playsession trudging somewhere to get in maybe five minutes of wackamolin'.

Respec stuff is nice, my old main had a bunch of AA in the first tab before there was a second tab, and I wanted to grab some stuff from that side. Good change, also long needed.

Also some nice hints toward RoK with the ship stuff.
Reaver: Reduced health returned from 2.5% to 2%.
:( The reaver line is the #1 reason the SK is solo friendly. It's all about stacking as many LoT's (lifetaps over time, each is small but they add up once you get a few going) as possible. Even then, a heavy hitter will easily outdamage all the LoTs.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 11:53:18 AM

That's probably a "nerf" in line with the ones dealt to Rangers.  For rangers it's agro control, but that basically just affects raiders who have to cut their DPS just to spend AAs on the agro line.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 11:56:49 AM

I don't understand the broker thing, either. I have stuff listed on multiple characters...so only the last one to log in is actually advertising stuff? No wonder sales were slow.

I can't remember if its the last to log in or the last to touch the market. But essentially yeah.\

Faydwer travel. Thank Goddess.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 12:06:27 PM

Yeah I basically played EQ2 for a year before I realized anything about broker limitations!

The question I had was the Tradeskill writ XP thing....is there a bonus now for XP?  I know for a fact that you gained XP while doing writs before. I levelled a weaponsmith to 70 doing this exclusively.  So a bit confused on that one. I gained a bunch of sever first titles (Keth tradeskill) doing this as well.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 12:17:37 PM

Yeah I basically played EQ2 for a year before I realized anything about broker limitations!

The question I had was the Tradeskill writ XP thing....is there a bonus now for XP?  I know for a fact that you gained XP while doing writs before. I levelled a weaponsmith to 70 doing this exclusively.  So a bit confused on that one. I gained a bunch of sever first titles (Keth tradeskill) doing this as well.

You used to only get exp while doing the combines. The turn in itself would reward you with coin, guild/personal status and faction status (ie. Iron Forge Exchange in Qeynos). Now you will still get all the same plus some amount of exp on the writ turn in.

Edit: And the broker change is huge. I was about to go spend the plat and status on one of the big houses so I could get 6 house vault slots for more selling space. Now I can just load up each of my alts with stuff and never move out of the starting rooms. That's going to be so much easier now.

As far as the concern over tradeskill writs raising prices I think the broker change will have the opposite effect. I hardly ever sold my grind items on my tradeskillers on the broker because I just never had enough room. Now that each char can have their own broker slots I'll be putting a lot more stuff on the broker and I'm guessing things will come way down in price. At least for the non-rare stuff, I doubt rares will change much as they are more restricted by supply than demand/space issues.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 12:20:53 PM by UD_Delt »
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 12:46:07 PM

Combat music should now terminate properly when fighting and zoning.

YAY!  I can turn music back on in anticipation of the dynamic combat music coming in Kunark.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 08:52:03 AM

Not sure what got tweaked in this last patch, but I got 4 Feysteels last night, as well as maybe 8 or 9 other rare harvests. I got two Feysteels from one node!

So...if you craft, git out and harvest before the hotfix! :)

Now I've just got to harvest enough feyiron to grind my stupid weaponcrafter up to the point he can make feysteel swords :( Weaponcrafting and armorcrafting need a LOT more recipes to reduce the shitty grind.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Game Update #37 Notes - From Test  
Jump to: