Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:51:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Atlana Falcons Cry For Matt Schaub 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Atlana Falcons Cry For Matt Schaub  (Read 19475 times)
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: July 24, 2007, 09:17:50 AM

For instance, Kongo (the new dog) has a seething hatred and distrust for black males, especially younger ones.

Just curious, was this because his former abusers were black, or was he trained by white folk to hate blacks, or what? Cuz in vacuo, it doesn't really compute.

The dog I had as a kid hated black males. We rescued her from the pound as a puppy, so we've no idea who her previous owner was. But for all of her 15 years, that dog would go apeshit over black people coming to the house, and was a lamb to anyone else. We certainly never trained her to attack a fly, much less humans but that's the way she was. I can only assume her previous abusive owners were black, or that a black person had abused her before we got to her.

As an aside, every dog I've ever had (boxers, with the exception of the odd spaniel for quail / dove hunting) has never liked any black people that came to our house, from when I was a kid to an adult (oversized kid).  All raised by us/me since they were puppies.  I'm not sure if it was a smell thing (well, blacks DO smell different) or if they pick up on the fear thing - most blacks I've known/know were/are terrified of dogs.

But anyway, on to the crux of the thread - Fuck Michael Vick.  No sympathy for him whatsoever.  He'll probably get off with a wristslap, cop a deal, whatever.  He'll be back in the NFL next year.  Why?  Because he's a world class athlete who can throw a spiral.  As a dog lover and participant in dog rescue programs (again, boxers - it's a breed I love and know the most about) who has seen more than my fair share of abused dogs, this whole thing enrages me to no end.

Has Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson stepped in yet?
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #36 on: July 24, 2007, 09:21:27 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR30NzzSRis

My dog is like that, our neighboors are a family of 8 and my dog flips out when they're outside our house.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 09:26:14 AM by MrHat »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #37 on: July 24, 2007, 09:22:06 AM

Al Sharpton condemned dogfighting, IIRC.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #38 on: July 24, 2007, 02:23:17 PM

Al Sharpton condemned dogfighting, IIRC.

Al Sharpton is many things, but he's not stupid enough to defend something 95% of the American population can't stand, black-dominated or otherwise.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: July 25, 2007, 12:44:27 PM

My dog just hates men, especially larger one. Scares the shit out of her, and she'll go running. Took her weeks to adjust to me. Was equally terrified of children -- I kept her leashed and under control whenever walking her, but if she saw or heard a kid she cowered behind me. It took a few months for her to adjust to my stepson (who was 5 when they met), but now she doesn't care about kids. Apparently, they're great for dropped food.

She's still terrified of strange men, other than my father for some reason. Mostly she'll just kind of watch them and hang around by me, but she's not above running for the hills if they get close (or biting if they get between her and an exit).

Nice thing about my dogs -- they bark up a storm at anything odd. I don't really worry about people breaking into my house, as noisy dogs are far better than any alarm.
WayAbvPar

Reply #40 on: July 25, 2007, 03:42:56 PM

My alarm has never shit on my floor, however.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #41 on: July 26, 2007, 07:54:51 AM

You need to put some fiber in its diet.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: July 31, 2007, 08:30:37 AM

Update on my black friend/coworker: He's now willing to concede that the feds have a case and Vick probably did it.

On another note, this conversation about dogs not liking alot of black people reminded me that my cockapoo I had as a child hated black people. She was a pound dog as well. It was really kind of embarassing to be honest because I'd get that look like "your dog must know you don't like black people". Which of course isn't the case. I ought to ask this friend of mine about his dog, he has a rotweiller, maybe it's a status thing as you guys said cause so does the other black male in my department, he has two I think.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #43 on: July 31, 2007, 11:04:03 AM

Every dog I've had has something against black people. I think it's simply surroundings and smells. If your dog is constantly around white folks and then a completely dark man who has a new odor shows up, the dog is gonna go nuts. It has zero to do with racism and your dog picking it up. That's just some bullshit hippies and Al Sharpton toss out in their regular witch hunts.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: July 31, 2007, 11:06:45 AM

I know Paelos. I'm just talking about the "look" I got. It also had a tinge of "if your dog keeps barking at me I'm gonna kick your ass!" Lol.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Atlana Falcons Cry For Matt Schaub  
Jump to: