Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:30:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Atlus is getting cheap - 3 DS Games and a Wii Title 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Atlus is getting cheap - 3 DS Games and a Wii Title  (Read 2883 times)
schild
Administrator

on: July 10, 2007, 09:23:07 AM

Now, hold off, I'm not insulting the Wii. But for a company that traditionally brings us adult-ish games and general "serious" business, I am less than thrilled with their fall lineup - particularly considering they could have brought any of the Summon Night titles over or even something Baroque or Rogue Hearts Dungeon. Instead we get - and I shit you not:

Ontamarama:
On a peaceful tropical island, Ontama roam free. These gentle sound spirits, when properly conducted, offer the people of the land a beautiful and enchanting symphony. Wishing to rob the inhabitants of this joy, an evil demon begins to control the natives into capturing the Ontama. Two aspiring “Ontamaestros”, Beat and Rest, discover the plot and decide to foil the evil demon’s scheme by challenging the villagers under the demon’s control in order to release the trapped Ontama!

Yes, that is a typical sounding Atlus title - only, wait for it, WAIT FOR IT:

Making full use of the Nintendo DS dual screens, touch functionality, and microphone, Ontamarama will provide an entertaining level of challenge for novice players, while offering satisfyingly challenging play modes for advanced gamers. Fast reflexes and a keen sense of rhythm are the keys to success in this frantic, fun, and addictive music-based game!

What the fuck is that?

Draglade:
In the world of Draglade, Grapping has become the world's premier spectator sport. Scientists will discover how to turn atmospheric Matter into energy. Soon thereafter, a means of harnessing this energy – G-Cons – will allow for the conversion of this power into a weapon called a “Glade”. When a Glade hits something, the Glade emits a sound. Fighters and entertainers quickly realized the potential of Grapping, as the music generated by the clashing Glades in combat provided an experience that couldn't be matched in any other sport. In this world overcome by Grapping fever, four young indie Grappers – Hibito, Guy, Kyle, and Daichi – will strive to reach the ranks of the Major Grappers.

Once again, this sounds pretty awes....

A creative mix of fighting and music! Intuitive controls allow players of all ages and skills to get into the game, while a vast assortment of customizable fighting techniques and devastating combinations allow for advanced fighting tactics. Use Beat Combos to create a powerful melody!

VADERNOOOOoooOOOO.GIF

Not only is it another Rhythm Game (probably with that motherfucking stylus - OUENDAN IS ENOUGH, YOU BASTARDS), it sounds like a goddamn reskin of the first. Also, those names aren't selling shit. And hell, I don't even know the Japanese equivalent to these titles.

Oh, and we're getting Touch Detective 2 (that makes me happy) and Trauma Center Wii 2 (money grab plz).

« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 09:26:40 AM by schild »
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 09:41:04 AM

They're going where the market is. I fail to see the surprise really.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 09:42:02 AM

Speaking of going where the market is, they hath added a system to their PR releases:

Located in Irvine, California and founded in 1991, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. is a publisher of compelling video games for a variety of platforms, including the Nintendo DS™, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Wii™, Xbox 360™, and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system.

Do want.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 09:42:45 AM

Now that is news I like!

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 09:50:48 AM

Oh, hm.

I suppose this makes sense. These are all super light projects. I think some decisions on Fes and whether to port the new SMT to the 360 will be decisions that are made soon.

Ok, I'll allow this shitty fall/winter since everyone else has tons of shit coming out.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 11:33:31 AM

That shitty fall/winter lineup, as you call it, will probably make them enough money to make 1 big AAA Hi-def title, simply on being another game to sell to consoles that have larger player bases. The grapping game sounds kind of cool, if it were on the Wii. I'd applaud another Trauma Center, but I'll never make it halfway into the game if I have to deal with that shitty anime shit shit shit soap opera story like the first one had.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 12:07:25 PM

I will have to wait and see.  Me no like stylus.  Rhythm games are OK, at least sometimes.  I could play, for example, Rez with a Wiimote, but not a stylus.  Also, I agree with Haemish.  As long as this doesn't cut into AI5 or whatever AAA game is next, I'm fine with them getting a piece of the money hat.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 12:12:42 PM

I will have to wait and see.  Me no like stylus.  Rhythm games are OK, at least sometimes.  I could play, for example, Rez with a Wiimote, but not a stylus.  Also, I agree with Haemish.  As long as this doesn't cut into AI5 or whatever AAA game is next, I'm fine with them getting a piece of the money hat.

Oh, I agree, this is just a piss poor followup considering the PS2 games they COULD have brought over and probably gotten nearly the same moneyhats. They're basically ignoring the end of the PS2 era it seems. NISA may have completely beaten them on the PS2 punch anyway.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Atlus is getting cheap - 3 DS Games and a Wii Title  
Jump to: