Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:35:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2007 F13 Fantasy Premier League. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2007 F13 Fantasy Premier League.  (Read 25816 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #35 on: August 15, 2007, 05:15:47 PM

So new thread rule we only talk about results the day after?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: August 16, 2007, 07:11:02 AM

Spurs... holy fuck, they looked like shit yesterday. No creativity in the midfield. No defense to speak of. Why is Paul Robinson England's #1 instead of David James? Even Berbatov looked lost. Playing 4-3-3 does not seem to suit them. The only player with any sort of clue was Keane. Why is Malbranque in that squad? He sucked for Fulham last year and he sucks for Spurs. Meanwhile, Everton were tight, much better than I expected without Cahill.
Spurs were without King, Dawson and Lennon. That negates most of their D and wide play. Any time you see Stalteri on the field, it's gotten really bad. Malbranque was with Spurs most of last year.

Switching continents, Becks got his first goal in a Superliga  semifinal against DC United on his first free kick in a meaningful game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr_qwkmWukI

He then later got an assist with a nice pass to Landon. He had another shot in the second half which he missed by a foot or so.

Superliga was a nice surprise. The games, especially the Semi of Houston and Pachuca, was  above my expectations. Pachuca looks to complete the continental Triple. I really look forward to seeing how they do in the Club Cup this December.

Your quote for the day:

"It was a good standard. It was possibly Championship top half, lower Premier" - Steve McClaren on his observation of MLS.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #37 on: August 16, 2007, 09:24:37 AM

I didn't get a chance to youtube the Ronaldo "headbutt" last night but I did see a non-HQ slow-mo replay and I couldn't' tell wtf the red was for.

Man Utd is really having a bad start to the season..

I watched the Fulham v Bolton game on VHS last night what an odd match.  Bolton just can't play inspired football for more then 15 min at a time this season (I've seen both of their games so far by chance) which spells trouble for them as Anelka is very talented but he's no sort of sparkplug and Diouf looks like he's another loss away from getting a red for something silly.

Bocanegra played a pretty good game at the back but he made some mistakes and got away with them.  McBride was solid but didn't get any help from the bounces or anything, Dempsey came on as a sub but the game was already in garbage time, just hold on mode for Fulham.

Games I want to see most Saturday:
Fulham v Boro
Wigan v Sunderland
Newcastle v Aston Villa

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Mr_PeaCH
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: August 16, 2007, 07:55:46 PM

Well I guess the Tottenham Hotspur have been such a disgrace that FSC have replaced their Saturday morning live match with another game.

And in other news... (namely F13 Premiership Fantasy League)  SCOREBOARD, baby!  Dreamteamers for the win.

COME ON YOU SPURS!
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: August 17, 2007, 07:52:06 AM

Well I guess the Tottenham Hotspur have been such a disgrace that FSC have replaced their Saturday morning live match with another game.

And in other news... (namely F13 Premiership Fantasy League)  SCOREBOARD, baby!  Dreamteamers for the win.

You'll come to earth, flyboy.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #40 on: August 18, 2007, 11:46:05 PM

I watched the Fulham v Bolton game on VHS last night what an odd match.  Bolton just can't play inspired football for more then 15 min at a time this season

It's not just this season. It's why I don't watch them anymore unless they are playing Liverpool. They are just boring as fuck to watch. I still can't figure out how they finished so high last year.

Saturday's games were a mixed bag. The Reading/Everton match was fantastic. I really like Reading's chance of staying up this year, maybe even challenging for Europe. They have to watch their injuries though. Just as I picked up Duberry in the fantasy league, he gets hurt. FUCK.

Sunderland looked lost today, which against Wigan is a bit of a sin.

Derby was TOTALLY lost. Why is it Tottenham got their groove on the game after Berbatov gets injured and I drop him? Fucking Spurs. I watched the first 20 minutes then just started fast forwarding to see if Derby put up any fight whatsoever. Nope.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #41 on: August 19, 2007, 12:00:18 AM

I already dont want to talk about fantasy sports ever again...

I'm going to try to catch the games on FSC tomorrow early.

-William Gibson
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: August 19, 2007, 11:32:18 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt1vioaJYBo

It may not have been the most technically perfect match, but damn if that Galaxy / Red Bull New York game on FSC last night wsn't the most entertainnig thing I've seen in a while.

66,000 plus at Giants stadium for MLS was a sight to see.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: August 19, 2007, 04:14:02 PM

Between booking Essien twice without sending him off, and giving Chelsea a penalty because Malouda jumped on Finnan while off the ball, it's fair to say we've just witnessed a worse refereeing display than a certain Mr G Poll in the World Cup. Which I never thought I'd be saying this soon.

Anyway, it seems all my players are cursed in some way, even with weekly transfers I'm having difficulty keeping 11 fit players in the squad.

bah.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 04:15:45 PM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 03, 2007, 12:48:16 PM

Phear my mad September-table skilz:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/table.mc?id=6471&phase=3

1     No imagination                     218
2    Worse then SCO?!?                206
3    Roadrunners                         166
4    Kilt Wavers                           164
5    PeaCH's Punters                    155
6    Sigil's Spurs                           99

RAR!

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: May 25, 2008, 05:18:15 AM

teh END!

1     Worse then SCO?!?     2022
2    PeaCH's Punters       1902
3    No imagination     1894
4    Kilt Wavers           1778
5    Sigil's Spurs             1555
6    Roadrunners       1432

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #46 on: May 29, 2008, 10:48:56 AM

I literally stopped checking my lineup months ago.  I was making the weekly trade for awhile though.  CR as captain = winner.  I had that from day1, also avoided pool players like the plague.

-William Gibson
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: May 29, 2008, 11:28:30 AM

yeah, real life wiped me out from mid september until around february, and I just lost interest after that.  Ready to go for next year though. :)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #48 on: May 29, 2008, 12:52:55 PM

I don't normally lose interest in fantasy leagues, but I succumbed to fatigue about 3/4 of the way in. I just got so busy it became one other thing I didn't check much. But at least I was out of it by the time I started forgetting.

WayAbvPar

Reply #49 on: May 29, 2008, 01:14:38 PM

I skipped this past year because it is just too damned hard for me to follow consistently. I have to find enough time to watch at least SOME of the games, and I just didn't have that time.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2007 F13 Fantasy Premier League.  
Jump to: