Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:47:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Close Games ? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Close Games ?  (Read 5821 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

on: June 29, 2007, 02:26:22 AM

14 Zombies out with no end in sight, since he's got around 20 2/2 tokens and is currently working on what seems to be a 'pump these guys up and then fuck you right up' strategy.

Which is annoying, since that's the basic Zombie strategy.  I have two of my 4 Souless Ones out and they're up at around 18/18 due to the GY and the sheer weight of fucking rotten flesh on the board.  I have 8 land and I know I'm going to get totally fucking killed shortly, since this guy has all these fantastic lands that basically mean he's got unlimited mana for pretty much anything.  So it's time to get desperate.

The only card in my hand is graveborne muse, which I play.  Turn shifts to him.  He dicks around.  Turn back to me.  I take 15 damage from the Muse and my hand overfloweth with cards.

I play the Deathpit offering to remove my whole wad of Shambling, shuffling hordes and then play Patriarchs will.  Since he's been on tokens, he gets to pull a couple of things out of his GY which are immediately gassed by the 2 Noxious Ghouls that spring forth from the GY and poison everything that's not already dead.

Aha.  I send a wall of 140 damage his way, with fuck all to block him.  Bear in mind my Muse came back out too and I don't have my Husks in play, so I can't get rid of the bitch.  I  NEEEEEEEEEED to win now or she's going to fuck me up the ass next turn.

He plays a 'Prevent all combat Damage This turn' card and I start crying.

Good Game, I write.

Yeah, he says, with a measure of despondance I don't understand just yet, GG.

So it switches to his turn at which point he throws out a Chainers Edict nonchalantly.  I gasp and goggle in sheer fucking amazement at the unbelievable fucking stupidity of this guy and use it to Sac my Muse.  I'm back in the game. 

He concedes.

It's only later I realise the truth.  He didn't notice the Muse, or he didn't concern himself with it.  He thought I was going to swamp him next turn with the entire fucking cast of all of Romero's movies.  He played Chainer because he thought he was Bye and wanted to play his last card.

Which won me the game.

Thank Christ for Window Resizes.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 10:32:31 AM

Stuffy Doll and Guilty Conscience.

What's the fucking point of playing like that ?

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 01:13:10 PM

At least Pariah is coming back to team up with Stuffy Doll....
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 02:42:23 PM

Ugh. That makes me want to reinstall. NO, NOT TIL THERE'S A NEW COMPUTER ON MY DESK.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 07:09:09 PM

I am massively looking forward to the combination of Squee and Razormane Masticore....  discard to Masticore?  No problem!
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 01:17:02 AM

At least Pariah is coming back to team up with Stuffy Doll....

Ach, holy fuck.  The way I read that, it either makes the Stuffy Doll the thing of legends or it allows the opponant to create a time cascade resonance loop that only all 9 Doctors with various sonic probes could fix.

Fuck Stuffy Doll.  Fuck it in its ass.  Which will, in turn, cause target player to get reamed.  In the Ass.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 10:47:11 AM

Ach, holy fuck.  The way I read that, it either makes the Stuffy Doll the thing of legends or it allows the opponant to create a time cascade resonance loop that only all 9 Doctors with various sonic probes could fix.

Fuck Stuffy Doll.  Fuck it in its ass.  Which will, in turn, cause target player to get reamed.  In the Ass.

I fucking hate Stuffy Doll. Just seeing it played makes me want to murder a fucking kitten.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Close Games ?  
Jump to: