Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:09:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Who wants my Stuff? (2 free unopened copies of LotRO to giveaway) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who wants my Stuff? (2 free unopened copies of LotRO to giveaway)  (Read 22589 times)
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #35 on: June 26, 2007, 02:49:21 PM

I so miss Ceciliantas. They even pulled the webistes about it down and removed his name from wikipedia. Shame.

http://www.thedauntless.com/cecil.html

Enjoy your trip down memory lane.

So is there more to this I'm missing? This Allanah chick(?) cybered with him, and someone in her guild took screenshots and then she pretended to be his friend and took screenshots of his tells. Err...what did he do that was so bad? I saw some stuff about him being a stalker and stuff is that it? He had a rep on the server? I guess I don't get it.

IIRC, it was because the whole thing was staged (except for Cecil) and then he was "Pwned" when the stuff was published to some site or another (I think the unofficial server forums). He had allegedly been "stalking" a person in the guild, etc. ETA-- His own defense of the situation also made things snowball as he was very vocal and whatnot.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #36 on: June 26, 2007, 02:52:06 PM

Holy shit a monkey that picks up your loot? i'd pay like 50 bucks for something like that for my hunter in wow.  Thats just freaking awesome, i might just pick that game up now.  I demand loot picking monkeys on every game from now on.

Die.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: June 27, 2007, 06:37:26 AM

IIRC, it was because the whole thing was staged (except for Cecil) and then he was "Pwned" when the stuff was published to some site or another (I think the unofficial server forums). He had allegedly been "stalking" a person in the guild, etc. ETA-- His own defense of the situation also made things snowball as he was very vocal and whatnot.

Well people were talking like he's the biggest dick ever but all I saw was a guy blowing his top and a chick who was basically being a bitch and fucking him over.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #38 on: June 27, 2007, 06:52:03 AM

Well people were talking like he's the biggest dick ever but all I saw was a guy blowing his top and a chick who was basically being a bitch and fucking him over.

Yep.  That'd be an internet mob in action. I wrote an article for the Escapist last year about it and used this guy as an example of the behavior outside of Asia. Another example would be any banning by consensus (Bruce, Prokfy Neva, etc.). Some people may deserve the banning stuff, but sometimes other, less desirable behavior is the result. People like to be intarweb detectives and will do their best to find people's RL info and then post it, etc. Hell, this one guy in China had to barricade himself inside his family home because he was facing down an angry mob.

Iit's  a pretty inteesting thing, actually.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: June 27, 2007, 08:26:51 AM

I did wonder when the first cybersex log from LotRO was to show up. People cyber, that's just fact, but in /e, in LotRO? For those not initiated, the emote-range in LotRO is enough to cover entire towns. In Bree, one of the largest towns in the game, you can "see" people emote from across town, a good ten or fifteen buildings away. Surely, you'd expect people to know that before they start a public show... simply put, no matter where you go, you can't go off-site enough to not be overheard, so wonder what these people were thinking. Ah, it's cheap giggles.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 08:37:06 AM by Tarami »

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: June 27, 2007, 09:21:05 AM

I did wonder when the first cybersex log from LotRO was to show up. People cyber, that's just fact, but in /e, in LotRO? For those not initiated, the emote-range in LotRO is enough to cover entire towns. In Bree, one of the largest towns in the game, you can "see" people emote from across town, a good ten or fifteen buildings away. Surely, you'd expect people to know that before they start a public show... simply put, no matter where you go, you can't go off-site enough to not be overheard, so wonder what these people were thinking. Ah, it's cheap giggles.

There is  woman who RPs that I talk to in tells sometimes. She told me the whole inn in Bree was filled with people cybering the other day. She was less than pleased.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #41 on: June 27, 2007, 09:27:00 AM

She told me the whole inn in Bree was filled with people cybering the other day. She was less than pleased.

I imagine that Tolkein is negotiating with God for a few well-placed lightning bolts as well.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: June 27, 2007, 09:56:08 AM

She told me the whole inn in Bree was filled with people cybering the other day. She was less than pleased.

I imagine that Tolkein is negotiating with God for a few well-placed lightning bolts as well.
I have it on good authority that the only thing God finds funnier than people making public asses of themselves in a futile attempt to get real sex is people who make public asses of themselves in an attempt to get the fake sex.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #43 on: June 27, 2007, 10:12:28 AM

I have it on good authority that the only thing God finds funnier than people making public asses of themselves in a futile attempt to get real sex is people who make public asses of themselves in an attempt to get the fake sex.

So I am the epitome of humor?

Nice.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #44 on: June 27, 2007, 10:11:37 PM

Slayerik and I have some .. provocative screenshots of my character with his new armor.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: June 28, 2007, 05:30:16 AM

Slayerik and I have some .. provocative screenshots of my character with his new armor.

He REALLY needs to be your new avatar :)

I was quite impressed with the emote and mood system though, I was laughing my ass off for like an hour. I'll try to get some hosted and posted tonight.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #46 on: June 28, 2007, 09:22:28 AM

I'll have to go through and find a picture that really works. You may have better ones than I do cause you could get closer with the camera.

Edit: Got them all edited and uploaded. Enjoy!

« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 10:09:16 AM by NiX »
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: June 28, 2007, 11:01:19 AM

lol

Seriously, how are you ever going to get rid of the massive purple penis look?

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #48 on: June 28, 2007, 11:04:30 AM

Jacking it generally solves that.

Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: June 28, 2007, 11:19:11 AM

My wife has expressed interest in playing alongside of me so I'll be needing a 2nd copy soon (she's using my buddy pass right now). If you can see it in your heart to help sway my wife into The Land of the Nerds Online, I would be very happy. That is all.  Heart
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #50 on: June 28, 2007, 12:04:34 PM

lol

Seriously, how are you ever going to get rid of the massive purple penis look?

I'm not. I actually turned down a quest reward of leggings with 1 more armour cause.. they weren't purple.

Edit: I'd just also like to note that I'm on Slay's Buddy Key. So, I'm still trying to get one of them free copies!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 07:26:18 PM by NiX »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #51 on: July 02, 2007, 07:26:37 AM

The fun part with Ceciliantas is that when the @case@ was exposed on the forum he used to post in, his girlfriend dumped him. He was not only cybering. He was cheating on her. And the whole drama happened live on that very forum, where he kept saying his GF was ok with it until she showed up to send him to hell with some you fucking pervert yelling...

Oh, and the fact that he kept saying it never happened, it was all photoshop and the only important things in the world were his GF and tanking  rolleyes

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #52 on: July 02, 2007, 08:35:57 AM

Yes, his obsession with being the best tank EVAR!!!11!1one was ridiculous. I would ask how someone could become that deluded, but then again he did cyber in EQ2.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #53 on: July 02, 2007, 08:48:38 AM

...but then again he did cyber in EQ2.

... and get caught. By his girlfriend. Oh the planet...

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #54 on: July 05, 2007, 04:36:02 AM

Ok I hope everyone had a happy holiday and whatnot. 

Other than NiX, who still wants a copy?  I see Signe and Jamiko with an ask?  Anyone else want a copy?

NiX wins one copy for persistence and the ability of having the gayest character.
Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: July 05, 2007, 07:30:54 AM

I still need one, my wife's buddy key just expired.  Heart

Signe asked before I did, so if Signe still wants it I'll defer.

I really only want the key, so no shipping would be needed.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 07:38:23 AM by Jamiko »
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #56 on: July 05, 2007, 09:25:45 AM

NiX wins one copy for persistence and the ability of having the gayest character.

I'd like to thank Slayerik for the ability to make such a gay character and for also getting me the purple penis outfit. And of course Signe. For being Signe.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: July 05, 2007, 04:23:52 PM

Ok I hope everyone had a happy holiday and whatnot. 

Other than NiX, who still wants a copy?  I see Signe and Jamiko with an ask?  Anyone else want a copy?

I'd still like one also, if i have to outgay everyone i will.

I am the .00000001428%
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #58 on: July 06, 2007, 07:29:17 AM

Signe, still interested?

Edit:  very well.  Jamiko or Threash or Signe, reply and PM me with your address and the gift of hobbit feet will be yours.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 12:56:43 PM by Soln »
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #59 on: July 06, 2007, 11:31:58 PM

I have never played it, but browsing its newbie guide on their website was just le awsome.

Logging in is a treat for her. It takes about 10-20 minutes because of the lack of servers and how many people actually play the game. I get to listen to her get pissed off at my laptop for the entire time and every time I get the same question.. "Is your internet slow?" cause it can't be the shitty game, oh no, it has to be my internet that's the problem. I think I'm scarred for life because of this game.

If you were slick you would blackhole the game or something, so she would have to play with You instead.

You gotta think, maaaaan.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: July 07, 2007, 10:16:11 AM

Signe, still interested?

Edit:  very well.  Jamiko or Threash or Signe, reply and PM me with your address and the gift of hobbit feet will be yours.

PM sent.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: July 07, 2007, 12:10:37 PM

Back from vacation!

No honorable mention? :)

If I won one I was just going to give it to Nix anyways, so I guess it works out.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #62 on: July 07, 2007, 12:48:20 PM

I didn't ask for one, did I?  If I did, it was an accident!   embarassed

Sorry to confuse!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 12:51:24 PM by Signe »

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: July 07, 2007, 06:17:50 PM

Signe, still interested?

Pm sent, thanks tons :)

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Who wants my Stuff? (2 free unopened copies of LotRO to giveaway)  
Jump to: