Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:35:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: "small roaming gang" - PvP corp recruiting - NOT ANY MORE 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "small roaming gang" - PvP corp recruiting - NOT ANY MORE  (Read 4420 times)
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

on: June 18, 2007, 11:24:10 AM

Edit: I had it backwards. All US/Aussie players are welcome to apply.

If you are relatively new to Eve, need a corp, and want to PvP, I have an option for you. Queens of the Stone Age is recruiting. US/Aussie players of all skill levels, including rookies, are welcome. Euro players with some experience (at least 6 months) are also welcome.

Some more basic details about the alliance, Anarchy Empire (<RIOT>), and corp ([QOTSA]) can be found here. For QOTSA kill stats, see the RIOT killboard or corp killboard.

Queens is a PvP corp in a PvP alliance. Neither the corp nor the alliance is particularly large, but we are not pirates. We live in 0.0. Low sec piracy is neither encouraged nor discouraged. A number of our pilots are outlaws, but I'm still positive security, at any rate.

RIOT is NBSI. RIOT does not have Goons, RA, BoB, or AAA set to blue. Traditionally we have had a very short blue list. RIOT just did a standings reset and now has almost no blues.

I love Queens. If I don't log in for a month, they're completely understanding and cool with that. There's no mandatory ops, a 0% tax rate, and no hidden fees (e.g. alliance fees). When I do log in, I can join or start a gang for some pew pew immediately. RIOT may not be the most strategic alliance, but no one ever accused RIOT members of not understanding tactics. I'm pretty happy to fly with them. If I hadn't found Queens, I would have canceled a long time ago.

Queens fills a particular well-understood role in RIOT. We're the inty/dictor and cruiser/battlecruiser squad. We're not expected to bring battleships or cap ships to the fight. Most of the time we head out in a fast-moving roaming squad, with or without RIOT, and kill enemy NPCers until the blob comes, then try to pick off members of the blob and escape (or destroy the blob if we have the numbers). On fleet ops, we're usually the scouts and support. It's a fun way to play Eve, and I'm very hopeful that the Rev 2 changes will sustain and even enhance our playstyle.

PM me for more info, or check out the recruitment thread for contacts (I am not a Queens recruiter). Of the recruiters, Swedde, d'hofren, and Aramendel have been most active recently, so I would try them first.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 02:03:30 PM by dwindlehop »
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 03:30:45 PM

Edit: removed old links. Thanks, chenghiz.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 05:51:38 PM by dwindlehop »
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 05:13:23 PM

Anyone can see a direct link to the eve-o forums, but you have to be logged in to browse them.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 08:03:20 PM

I might check them out, I need something to spice up EVE a bit. :)

- Viin
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 09:32:46 PM

The cancel button is spicy. evil
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 08:38:26 AM

I might check them out, I need something to spice up EVE a bit. :)
Be great to fly with you more, Irek.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 07:20:32 PM

The cancel button is spicy. evil

Only with extra salsa!

- Viin
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 02:03:10 PM

Queens is dead. Long live Queens!   cry

I could go into more details, but the short version is the Anarchy Empire alliance that Queens was a part of disbanded a few months ago, and most of the Queens membership moved on to other things. I moved to Sniggerdly at the beginning of August.

If you think Queens was for you, you have a few choices:
Try and see if anyone in Queens is still trying to kick it along. I have no idea. The number of pilots would be greatly reduced.
Check out Uninvited Guests. They live in Syndicate, and are composed largely of ex-RIOT folks. Basically the part of Anarchy Empire that liked the way Queens was flying.
If you have no experience at all and want a corp with guidance, perhaps you should ping Agony Unleashed or Eve University. I hear good things about them.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 06:12:26 PM

Eve University is currently not taking applicants due to being wardecced by Murder-Death-Kill.  Once MD-K gets bored with killing 2 week old noobs in frigates I'm sure the Uni will start taking new members again.

Over and out.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 05:22:06 AM

Queens is dead. Long live Queens!   cry

I could go into more details, but the short version is the Anarchy Empire alliance that Queens was a part of disbanded a few months ago, and most of the Queens membership moved on to other things. I moved to Sniggerdly at the beginning of August.

If you think Queens was for you, you have a few choices:
Try and see if anyone in Queens is still trying to kick it along. I have no idea. The number of pilots would be greatly reduced.
Check out Uninvited Guests. They live in Syndicate, and are composed largely of ex-RIOT folks. Basically the part of Anarchy Empire that liked the way Queens was flying.
If you have no experience at all and want a corp with guidance, perhaps you should ping Agony Unleashed or Eve University. I hear good things about them.

Our corp "Viper Squadron" of TRI worked with Uninvited Guests some last night on an attempted carrier kill.

http://killboard.eve-triumvirate.com/?a=kill_related&kll_id=55007

Then after that we took on a big PURE gang and completely wiped the floor with them.

http://killboard.eve-triumvirate.com/?a=kill_related&kll_id=55084

There was an additional Domi, Arazu, 3 Ishtars, and other ships that warped away. Uninvited Guests lost an Ares and a sabre that dont show up here.

They got on our vent and seemed like good guys. I accidentally podded one of them (he wasn't in gang so showed up as a neutral in my overview) and he was cool about. My own corp gave me more shit about it than he did :) Us friendly firing Americans!

Oh yeah, nanogangs FTFW

« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 05:26:41 AM by Slayerik »

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: "small roaming gang" - PvP corp recruiting - NOT ANY MORE  
Jump to: