Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:33:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Any decent base-building guides? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Any decent base-building guides?  (Read 3433 times)
DarkSign
Terracotta Army

on: June 08, 2007, 01:49:55 PM

I was wondering if you CoH-heads could point me to a few really good base building guides - if there are any. Preferrably with pictures.

Thanks!
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 03:24:56 PM

As of a couple months ago, I couldn't find crap.  But here are the basics:

1. Stick with the smallest plot available, it has no maintenance cost.
2. Get an Oversight Center.  It's a cheap room that can hold the important starter stuff.
3. Put a Combo Power and Control Unit in the Oversight Center.  This cheapo item gives a base both power and control to run the other items, so you don't have to shell out for individual computers and reactors.
4. Add other stuff to taste.  You'll probably want at minimum a medical room with a Reclaimator so you can rez in your base.  You can add a couple other items in the Oversight Center in addition to the CPCU; I chose an invention workbench and a salvage vault.

If you want a bigger base with things like zone teleporters, ignore the above and be prepared to write a huge check.  Larger bases can't get away with using the el cheapo combination power/control items; you need dedicated power rooms and control rooms with more expensive items to provide the power that the extra base items will require.

Remember, certain items will only go into certain rooms.  You MUST have a medical room if you want to install a rez station, for example.  So work out what items you want, then place the rooms they require, then place the items in the rooms.  If you don't have a plan beforehand, you'll wind up with a horrible mess of a base.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 03:32:01 PM

QFT on planning ahead.  Right now, I'm trying to shuffle stuff to get the extra power facilities I need to add more workbenches and whatnot. Heck, I don't even NEED to add them, I just want to see what I can build with 'em. It would be nice to discover that our metric asston of salvage can be used to build a generator -- those damn things are expensive.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 01:28:13 PM

I was wondering if you CoH-heads could point me to a few really good base building guides - if there are any. Preferrably with pictures.

Thanks!
I think you want to go here.

--GF
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Any decent base-building guides?  
Jump to: