Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:45:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: v3 delayed past Q2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: v3 delayed past Q2  (Read 8209 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: June 06, 2007, 05:41:21 AM

v3 delayed again.

Announcement on new date is due next week. But the current date (end of Q2) is now impossible, as wotc have said they will give at least 28 days notice to allow leagues to shut down in an orderly fashion.

Also, on multiplayer play in v3...

It's currently in, but multiplayer bugs has been a lower priority and most of them haven't been getting fixed. It's very possible that come launch, it'll be at a stage where we'll have to disable it until we can get it cleaned up.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 05:47:55 AM

Wait, isn't the point of MtO to play against other people? Or is this some sort of weird mode where you play more than 1 v 1?
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 07:35:33 AM

Someone needs to KILLLLLLLLLL the programmers on this project. Who hired someones daughter as lead and has an ape as QA. Rather, THE QA member. Man, fuck WoTC. I should pull an Eve and give all my rares to the first noob I see in the training room.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 07:57:46 AM

I assume they mean team play - 2v2, free for all, etc. - for multiplayer...  right?  Right?

This is the smart move for Wizards.  The current client works fairly well - better to keep this one and actually make the new version playable.  Who knows how many players they lost for good with the 2.0 clusterfuck; they can't afford to do that again if they really want to 'grow' the brand online.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 08:08:02 AM

Wait, isn't the point of MtO to play against other people? Or is this some sort of weird mode where you play more than 1 v 1?

Mulitplayer in magic means anything with more than 2 players, so there are various team formats, or 6 player free for all, or whatever.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 08:09:25 AM

Here's the problem.

V3 sucks.

It's crap. I'm sure the UI can be redesigned and optimized for minimal funds.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 04:40:12 PM

Yes, it is truly awful.

Pretty obvious it was going to be delayed again, progress has been minimal and TSP cards still don't work.

I can't even bother to fire it up any more. The kicker sucks and every time there is an update I have to manually delete files to get it to work.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 01:53:21 AM

Launch date now set to "By the end of 2007".

Beta to go down for a few weeks as of today - presumably to comence some rework without having to support beta at the same time.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 02:48:07 PM

Given the current rate of progress, by end of 2007 it should be at least 10% better than it is now.

This has got to be easily the worst development process I've ever witnessed, even worse than the MOO3 trainwreck. Wizards simply has no clue whatsoever. None.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 03:22:12 PM

I haven't played MTGO (other than freebie decks in the casual room) in a couple of years… …I have an account with purchased cards for league play, but cannot remember my password… …and Wizard's online account web panels are useless, referring me to call CS but problem is, their hours of service is the same time I am at work… …perhaps it's better that way, keep me from spending money in such a fruitless fashion……

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 09:42:40 PM

Wizards has been really pushing the alternative multiplayer formats lately in cardboard,  so I'd be greatly suprised if this went live before they were in.

For my part,  I would kill someone (obviously at this point in the dev cycle they need to resort to human sacrifice) if they managed to get a workable version of DC10 or Mental Magic in the Online game.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 03:50:22 AM

Wizards has been really pushing the alternative multiplayer formats lately in cardboard,  so I'd be greatly suprised if this went live before they were in.

For my part,  I would kill someone (obviously at this point in the dev cycle they need to resort to human sacrifice) if they managed to get a workable version of DC10 or Mental Magic in the Online game.

The formats they've been pushing through cardboard are the new rules team and 2HG formats. Both of which have already been cut from v3.

The multiplayer stuff they are talking about here is old rules multiplayer as it is in v2.

Mike_Lescault
Developers

WB Games

Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 11:03:00 AM

This has got to be easily the worst development process I've ever witnessed, even worse than the MOO3 trainwreck. Wizards simply has no clue whatsoever. None.

Given all the recent headlines on F13, I think we all know how hard it is get an accurate picture of what is going on internally in a game development company, without being inside. I do think that people have a lot of legitimate concerns and especially with us taking down the beta for a few weeks to do some internal work, I understand the fear people will have that we're not making the progress they'd like to see.

What I've started is a monthly milestone blog to help people get some insight on where some of the larger deliverables stand on the project. This will help customers see the progress (or lack thereof) on some of the systems that may not be easily seen by the end user. This way, we're not just saying to people "trust us", we're telling them to check back next month and make their own determination if the progress we're making meets their expectations.

AngryGumball
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: July 01, 2007, 12:08:02 AM

Explain to me how in version 2, you allowed newbies to enter into two seperate draft games and allow their tickets and packs to be used, knowing full well a newbie couldn't handle that fast an action?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: v3 delayed past Q2  
Jump to: