Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:46:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Crafting in Neriak 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crafting in Neriak  (Read 8008 times)
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

on: May 30, 2007, 05:13:05 PM

First Neriak is 1 zone, No zoning and zoning trying to get some where. You zone into Neriak and your done. Including the tradeskill area. Even better (drumroll please ). Theres a banker and a broker in the trade skill area.

Say it with me now.

Theres a banker in the trade skill area.

It is all together possable that some one is paying attention. I know, but hey Maybe there trying to start a trend.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 12:43:43 PM

Stuff like this started with EoF. Hal, you're so behind.. :P
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 01:47:35 PM

I was about to post the same thing, but the bank is a laggy run and the broker isn't in the trades area like he used to be in freeport/qeynos.

'Tis a good move, verily.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 02:53:11 PM

Um, there's a banker and a broker right in the middle of Neriak Down Below...or are you talking about Kelethin now?
I'm confused. huh

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 11:21:43 AM

Um, there's a banker and a broker right in the middle of Neriak Down Below...or are you talking about Kelethin now?
I'm confused. huh
NiX said it started with EoF, I pointed out the faults of the EoF version. I haven't been to Neriak (sub runs out in a couple days and I won't be logging in before then).
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 12:38:51 PM

You should make the run to Neriak, ifonly to see the city, Sky.  It's all kinds of beautiful, but I'm a graphics whore and I admit it!  The architecture is gorgeous and no zoning is a treat.  I love how they did the tradeskill area as well (as Hal said, no separate zone and a banker right there!).  But then again, I've only come back to EQ2 after not playing anything since last September.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 12:51:16 PM

I get about a 5 second lag/stutter when I get near the tunnel mouth to the tradeskill area in Neriak from all the loading of textures and such.  I have 2 gigs of RAM and a 512 MB video card but it still needs to swap stuff off the hard drive for that area.

In other news I created yet another alt, this time a Brigand.  It's like a disease.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 02:00:39 PM

EQ2 still kills modern hardware. I have 2GB of good ram, e6600, 8800gtx with 768 VRAM and it still bogs in Kelethin (I do have lighting and shadows turned up, but not maxed...shadows might be maxed).

Rhyssa, I think I'm done with EQ2 for the summer. I did create a couple newbies for the expansion, but I'm totally pwned by the Civ4 FfH2 mod right now (and  NDA when I need a shot of action). I like to have something big to look forward to when I return, and Neriak it is. My plan is to get my lvl 12 Necro over there somehow, I've saged him a few spells I don't want to lose creating a new one (fire bat!). So...October/November.

Is it still the home of the Teir'Dal or the dumb evil faeries? (Sorry, I really don't dig the fae at all) I played a dark elf necro in EQ on the Innoruuk server, I was into the whole dark elf thing back then. Used to know a bunch of the rp lore people had, the vendui and whatnot, though I've forgotten all that now.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 04:59:30 PM

Is it still the home of the Teir'Dal or the dumb evil faeries? (Sorry, I really don't dig the fae at all) I played a dark elf necro in EQ on the Innoruuk server, I was into the whole dark elf thing back then. Used to know a bunch of the rp lore people had, the vendui and whatnot, though I've forgotten all that now.

It's still the Teir'Dal city.. the Queen finally took over and then unsealed the city if I read right.  My old guild was a bunch of RPing DEs and they were thrilled as they were queen supporters.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 04:13:03 AM

The best thing anyone could do to improve performance in EQ2 is turn shadows off. The implementation of them in the EQ2 engine is terrible.

ISTR reading somewhere that SOE are working on adding simple shadows (read: WoW-type 'blobs') to EQ2 for exactly that reason.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 06:10:22 AM

The thing about shadows is that for the few moments you notice a well done implementation of them you're like "WOW".  And then you never notice them again, because we see shadows all the time all the time and our brains process them out.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 07:11:06 AM

Actually, I'm consistently impressed with the shadows. Outside of the really packed newbie areas right now or Kelethin, my machine doesn't run too bad and they look completely splendid. EQ2 does a really good job with lighting and shadows (and reflections).

I could definitely see adding simple shadows, my old computer was a slide show with shadows on. Like .2 fps, if that.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 08:41:21 AM

I saw in the patch notes for June 1st that they added the capacity to get aquatic life, such as frog legs, in Darklight Woods.

Which is good, considering that the newbie crafting quest still asks you to make a Baked Frog Leg as the first item, heh.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 05:25:12 PM

My machine can't handle EQ2 shadows at any setting currently.  But I really really want them for one reason and one reason only: to be able to tell where griffons and other flying critters are!  Without a shadow under the dang thing, you just can't tell if it's a big one a long ways off or a little one about to bite your head off.

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 05:35:53 AM

'Blob' shadows (a la WoW) are supposedly being worked on.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Crafting in Neriak  
Jump to: