Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:55:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Black Temple Vid 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Black Temple Vid  (Read 2239 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

on: May 17, 2007, 05:35:44 PM

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/2p1/#

Yeah it's not often a PATCH gets it's own pretty awesome video. I liked it. I'll never see the place, but it looks nice..

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 08:29:22 PM

About my reaction. Sweet video, too bad very few people will ever actually enjoy the content.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 09:10:46 AM

I thought the same thing.  Then I realized that the instance itself won't be anywhere close to as cool as the video either, so I figure I won't miss much.

I probably had a better experience of that instance than anyone that actually goes there.  It's all good.

Actually, I wish they would put out videos like that for all the instances, even the old world ones.
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 03:54:49 PM

The style and feeling match the Rufus Cubed gang that Blizzard hired to do gameplay reels after they won the video contest with The Return. I imagine this is proof of concept for further story-based content introductions... much better than the strictly play-based stuff they did for the Eastern Plagueland "World PvP" addition.

I've thought for a while that MMORPGs would be well served to hire a few machinema whizzes to do promotions like this on a monthly or even fortnightly basis. Offer player cameos to folks who win contests or complete certain in-game events... promote seasonal changes, patch additions, and history injections via visual storytelling. Let's hope that Blizzard not only continues this trend, but inspires other games to copy them.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Black Temple Vid  
Jump to: