Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 01:11:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: After 6 months is an XBox 360 worth buying? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: After 6 months is an XBox 360 worth buying?  (Read 7705 times)
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: July 18, 2006, 04:24:20 AM

It has been mentioned already, but Fight Night Round 3...I have the demo (you can download lots of demos, btw) and I have to admit that it is pretty sweet.  The only thing preventing me from buying the full retail game is that the demo is a lot of damn fun all by itself.  I can sit there and play the same 4 round fight (Roy Jones vs. Bernard Hopkins) for hours on end without getting bored.  So while I don't know if the game is a "must have", the demo sure is.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #36 on: July 18, 2006, 12:50:03 PM

So with my recent loss of anything to do in WoW, I finally broke down and bought a Xbox360. I got Burnout Revenge and Rockstar Table Tennis. I have to say WOW. These games look AMZING on my 60inch HDTV. Really really good. Burnout is just a thing of beauty.

Can you guys recomend a few games for me. First off, as most of you know. I hate FPS games on a console, so most of those are out, also any game with the FPS controls I dont like. Also, I dont like realistic sports games. That doesnt leave a hugh selection, but lets see what you guys can come up with.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #37 on: July 18, 2006, 02:12:01 PM

Even if you don't like realistic sports games, you should at least download that Fight Night demo Cyrexx mentioned. The Fight Night games, even if they are EA, have always been fun, and dare I say it --- innovative. Plus, they're still just fighting games. Not sports games per se.

penfold
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: July 18, 2006, 03:37:29 PM

I was beginning to think I bought the 360 prematurely, the games I have are ok, but nothing that different from my ps2.

and then Chromehounds came out.

You can build you own mechs, with a range of chassis, cockpits, weapons and and auxillary systems, I've spent hours  in the garage alone, it's like lego with guns, to quote someone in another forum.  There's a single player, but this is my first game that has me on Live when ever I play it.  Live has free battles, SP missions, 3 interchangable sides, a squad system, and a well fleshed out persistant online campaign (squad v squad instanced maps) with news reports, medals, ranks, awards for squads and the like, which resets upon victory for one side.

At last my purchase has been justified.
schild
Administrator

Reply #39 on: July 18, 2006, 03:39:58 PM

I still need a squad to join or make a squad online. :P I made Bat Country. But ehhhhhhhh. Worried about leading such a thing.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #40 on: July 18, 2006, 03:58:20 PM

Every time a giant robot game comes out for consoles only I die a little inside that piece of my gamer soul is replaced by a dark malevolent force that longs for the day when I can play fps games versus you numbnut gamepad using fuckwits (without yall having auto-targeting help).

*cough* fuck consoles *endcough*

Seriously though, I'm going to buy a ps2 pretty damn soon at this rate, so many decent sounding rpg's I've missed out on.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #41 on: July 18, 2006, 04:02:13 PM

Seriously though, I'm going to buy a ps2 pretty damn soon at this rate, so many decent sounding rpg's I've missed out on.

I did that.. and just ordered the entire Shadow Hearts series.  Mmmm....

-Rasix
WindiaN
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: July 19, 2006, 09:00:16 AM

I think 360 is hit or miss right now, it has a lack of quality titles and the standouts (FN3, elder scrolls) IMO don't warrant buying the system. although if you plan on getting Halo3 and have faith better titles will come its probably not a bad idea considering that M$ isn't going to cut the price.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #43 on: July 19, 2006, 09:09:42 AM

So Chromehounds is.... Mechwarrior on a console, 10(!?) years after Mechwarrior came out?  Sounds pretty much like it, but I'd be interested to hear how it's different.

Spent an hour wandering Best Buy last night internally debating the $79 pricetag on the Briscoe County DVD set.  Not a thing on the pathetic 15' of PC game shelving that interested me for the $60 pricetag.  I'm going to have to find a new hobby.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #44 on: July 19, 2006, 09:37:24 AM

BioWare has new Mass Effect videos up I believe. If I wasn't already dead-set on getting a Wii eventually, I'd get a 360 JUST for Mass Effect.

But now, I have to hope for a PC port eventually.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #45 on: July 19, 2006, 04:28:58 PM

The new LOTR game sounds pretty cool also. They are doing what KOTOR did. The game is set 70 years before The Hobbit. And you get to create your own character. It is a full on RPG. I am excited for this one. But then again, EA is making it.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: After 6 months is an XBox 360 worth buying?  
Jump to: