Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:20:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Furious 7 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Furious 7  (Read 10547 times)
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #35 on: April 08, 2015, 02:53:44 PM

I don't think you need to turn your brain off because they never attempt to engage with it.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: April 08, 2015, 03:01:37 PM

The thing that really amused me in it is why the jason statham character wanted that surveillance system at all. If you can find out where people are going to be far enough in advance to realize they are jumping out of a plane with GPS parachutes to land on a specific road in the middle of nowhere in enough time to make a specialty car to just flat drive there you probably don't need this technology.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #37 on: April 08, 2015, 03:21:23 PM

At the risk of seeming like I take the plot seriously, Statham didn't want the God's Eye he was just partnering with the other bad guy because of their mutual enemies.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: April 08, 2015, 05:37:03 PM

At the risk of seeming like I take the plot seriously, Statham didn't want the God's Eye he was just partnering with the other bad guy because of their mutual enemies.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: April 08, 2015, 06:05:30 PM

Whenever I feel my slow, purposeless life marching on towards death, I stop and remember that Vin Diesel is a big movie star so anything is possible.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: April 08, 2015, 06:09:40 PM

Whenever I feel my slow, purposeless life marching on towards death, I stop and remember that Vin Diesel is a big movie star so anything is possible.

Vin Diesel had the nerd cred.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #41 on: April 08, 2015, 06:16:53 PM

Badass Trailer ending with "rated PG-13" is a bit  rolleyes

Bit older, but fitting:

The Onion Interviews The Screenwriter Of "Fast Five

oh crap, my sides...

What makes it even funnier is that after the first movie any little kid with matchbox cars could have came up with the stories.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: April 12, 2015, 09:20:13 PM

And $800 Million dollars pretty much guarantees we will be seeing these until our lives end. I think we have a new James Bond franchise.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: April 12, 2015, 11:18:14 PM

Just saw this with the missus - we'd both seen F&F and I'd hung around until #3. Having said that, it was a hell of a lot of fun, lots of entertainment that I didn't have to think about, fantastic stunts and so on. Just a decent film that entertained - and TBH, I liked that.

Kudos to the ending, really tasteful in terms of how they handled it - not over the top or anything and I can't help but wonder if Diesel wrote the final monologue.

I might go back and watch 4, 5 and 6 to fill in the blanks.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: April 13, 2015, 02:04:06 AM

For such a mindless action flick, there were actually some pretty classy touches I thought. 
Oddly, there is actual art to this film.  And yah, I choked up pretty bad at the end.  I'd say half the theatre I was in was crying.  Really great ending.  They deserve whatever they end up making for taking actual risks in moviemaking and giving the middle-finger to hollywood.  That's ultimately why people like these films I think.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: April 13, 2015, 09:54:40 AM

beer geek.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: April 13, 2015, 10:27:06 AM

Totally forgot about that.  The last movie was kinda forgettable, though I liked it enough.  I've been running around thinking either they just didn't care about Tokyo Drift or somehow Han survived.  awesome, for real

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: April 14, 2015, 01:19:57 AM

Just saw this with the missus - we'd both seen F&F and I'd hung around until #3. Having said that, it was a hell of a lot of fun, lots of entertainment that I didn't have to think about, fantastic stunts and so on. Just a decent film that entertained - and TBH, I liked that.

Kudos to the ending, really tasteful in terms of how they handled it - not over the top or anything and I can't help but wonder if Diesel wrote the final monologue.

I might go back and watch 4, 5 and 6 to fill in the blanks.

Four is good, I think five is the best of the bunch. I consider it their ode to Ocean's 11.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #48 on: April 15, 2015, 05:57:13 PM

Ya, Five is definitely my favorite. This one was totally ridiculous and made absolutely no sense but I loved it anyways.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: April 23, 2015, 06:18:40 PM

Furious 8 announced for April 2017.  Like that is a surprise.   awesome, for real
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Furious 7  
Jump to: