Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:08:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1102812 times)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5425 on: June 24, 2015, 08:39:53 PM

Freedom to Play Month announced.

Is the FV201 (A45) reward tank any good? The requirements to acquire it look pretty steep* for a n00b like myself with my schedule so I'm wondering if it's worth trying to get permanently.

* 200,000 XP and 200 kills in 8 days in the tank on top of all the keys you have to acquire to unlock it

Edit: fixed link
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 10:52:48 AM by Trippy »
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #5426 on: June 24, 2015, 09:15:57 PM

Freedom to Play Month announced.

Is the FV201 (A45) reward tank any good? The requirements to acquire it look pretty steep* for a n00b like myself with my schedule so I'm wondering if it's worth trying to get permanently.

* 200,000 XP and 200 kills in 8 days in the tank on top of all the keys you have to acquire to unlock it

It's brand new for this event, but it's pretty much an early Caernarvon turret on a Centurion Mk. I hull. It's a chubby light/medium tank playing at being a heavy - Fast, anything shooting at you is going to pen, and I remember the 17pdr to be to be pretty meh compared to the stuff it was up against. Really, it looks to be just a centurion a tier early with a little more frontal turret armor. I'd say it's not only not worth it except for rare tank dickwaving, it's probably not even possible to get the 200,000xp/200 kills in 8 days for most people without taking vacation and playing all day. The hardest part would be the 200 kills. The 17pdr does such low damage that it's almost guaranteed assgoblins will swoop in and poach most of the stuff you worked on killing.

Just my opinion though, maybe some of the promode guys have a less pessimistic outlook for you. There's probably someone with a YouTube video analyzing the thing in minute detail.

As a rare tank collector stuff like this and the clan battle tanks is my biggest turnoff to the game. Knowing that there are some tanks that I really want and will never, ever be able to get really just makes me feel like there's no point in playing.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 09:26:51 PM by angry.bob »

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #5427 on: June 24, 2015, 11:51:03 PM

Marginal tank. If you want it, get the 45 keys which isn't too tough and then buy it for 15 bucks.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5428 on: June 25, 2015, 03:11:10 AM

To put it in perspective. You would need to get Top Tun average in 33 straight games to get that for the minimum amount of games. Its lunacy to expect most players to get that. Most of these "Get a free tank!!!" things are put out with the solid expectation that the vast majority of players wont be able to get that so will hand over the $15 out of frustration. If you want the tank that badly don't put yourself through the torture and just pay up.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 01:00:29 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5429 on: June 25, 2015, 11:02:55 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I probably won't even be able to get 45 keys without buying some since I mostly just play on the weekends so I won't kill myself trying to unlock it.

As a rare tank collector stuff like this and the clan battle tanks is my biggest turnoff to the game. Knowing that there are some tanks that I really want and will never, ever be able to get really just makes me feel like there's no point in playing.
Yeah I hear you -- I do love collecting things. Fortunately by starting so late I've missed so many tanks now that there's no urge to collect things in this game.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5430 on: June 27, 2015, 10:33:55 AM

Its Weekend Special for us EU tankers. Pick up the Vaunted KV 5 and if you are filthy rich the stupidly powerful BT-SV, perfect for all your seal clubbing needs.

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wot/specials/

Hic sunt dracones.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5431 on: June 28, 2015, 07:59:10 PM

Heh, if you need credits check your depot. I was poking around in there and noticed I have over 30 million credits worth of premium consumables. With so many missions giving them out and me not using them they have really piled up without noticing.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5432 on: June 28, 2015, 09:11:56 PM

Heh, if you need credits check your depot. I was poking around in there and noticed I have over 30 million credits worth of premium consumables. With so many missions giving them out and me not using them they have really piled up without noticing.

If you didn't already own all the tier 10's, you could buy a few.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5433 on: June 28, 2015, 11:13:34 PM

I'm one short!

Oh wait, just bought it.

-H.L. Mencken
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5434 on: June 29, 2015, 03:18:58 PM

You know, I just have to show off this one. An idiot top tier T29 Teamkills a a PZ1C newbie and is blown up by us. All the hallmarks of a shit game as we are 2 down by own side. And as you watch this you can see him mouthing off like he is Michael fucking Whitman and how he is the one tank that could win us the game.

We won. No I didnt do top damage bit I won a load of medals.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1983880#redshire-suranis1-kv-2

Hic sunt dracones.
WayAbvPar

Reply #5435 on: June 29, 2015, 05:11:53 PM

Why would you kill the T29? He is doing the right thing. You should have killed the PZ1C's platoon mate.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5436 on: June 29, 2015, 05:59:01 PM

Yup, I TK fail toons all the time as a matter of principle.

-H.L. Mencken
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #5437 on: June 29, 2015, 07:40:37 PM

I always did it too, which is why you other guys should probably reexamine the practice.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5438 on: June 29, 2015, 08:34:43 PM

I actually can't do it anymore because I have a safeshot mod.  I symbolically mouse over them and pull the trigger though.

-H.L. Mencken
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5439 on: June 29, 2015, 08:39:17 PM

Play arty more awesome, for real

I did that accidentally last night though I think it was his fault for YOLOing and going from a ram kill with a sliver of health left.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 08:41:25 PM by Trippy »
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5440 on: June 29, 2015, 09:33:44 PM

Got the Tamada Yoshio Medal tonight. Kill 3 SPGs 2 tiers higher than you in a light and survive.  Wasn't garbage time clean up either.   Made TWO runs into the enemy cap on Serene Coast while action was going on in the wings and also ran back to kill a light harassing our arty. 

Bulldogs are nasty business.

-H.L. Mencken
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5441 on: June 29, 2015, 10:19:32 PM

Nice. I got the easier version of yours -- Pascucci's Medal -- last night in a losing effort as my first Epic. It was on Mittengard and a group of us broke through the 2 line and I ran all the way across to the arty area in my Pz1C. Somehow, though, the rest of my team managed to die while I was killing all the SPGs even though we had their flank so I ended up dying to a 4 on 1 at the end.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5442 on: June 29, 2015, 11:16:17 PM

NA server-side maintenance just took away the Domination tanks.
WayAbvPar

Reply #5443 on: June 30, 2015, 08:33:00 AM

NA server-side maintenance just took away the Domination tanks.

Good. Cluttering my garage with stupid crap.

And yes, the Bulldog is a fucking beast. It is hard to get the passive spotting missions done in it because I just want to drive around and shoot motherfuckers instead.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5444 on: June 30, 2015, 09:09:10 AM

We got to keep the crews, though, so you should check your barracks to see if you want to keep them.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5445 on: June 30, 2015, 09:36:46 AM

One converted to the E5 and that is going on-track starting Monday.  Just fyi.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #5446 on: June 30, 2015, 10:17:52 AM

One converted to the E5 and that is going on-track starting Monday.  Just fyi.

Hey a line I have more than 1 tank in! Might have to dust off the T32 for a few rounds.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5447 on: July 03, 2015, 11:08:56 AM

Good match to have on the 5x

-H.L. Mencken
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5448 on: July 03, 2015, 08:59:48 PM

Why would you kill the T29? He is doing the right thing. You should have killed the PZ1C's platoon mate.

I double checked this before replying, and yeah, the PZ 1 C is within the scout range for a tier 7 game. So, I repeat, the T29 player was a complete fucking ass who just blew up a newbie because he could. Frankly, I wish I'd put a shell into him myself.

Hic sunt dracones.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5449 on: July 03, 2015, 09:26:07 PM

His native mm is 4-6.  Not the most egregious fail toon, but a fail toon nonetheless.

-H.L. Mencken
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5450 on: July 03, 2015, 09:30:52 PM

A tier III light only matches up to tier V. It starts at tier IV where light tanks get the +1 to matchmaking tiers. I've played almost 100 matches non-platooned in tier III lights so far and I've never been matched higher than tier V.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 09:32:44 PM by Trippy »
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5451 on: July 03, 2015, 10:27:25 PM

Gee I guess I was wrong. And since no-one bothered to actually look at the replay (I checked the downloads over the last few days) you would not have seen that the PZ1C was asking for the best places to scout and stuff. and then was tracked and killed by the T19 who was blown up by 2 of our tanks tanks, and then was called a retard by everyone on our team while he talks about how we all destroyed the only tank that could win the match for us. I guess the opinion of 100% of the our team on the map means nothing. And the other forum I put that replay on had the 100% opinion that the whole thing was justice.

I guess the entire playerbase is wrong and the guy was actually a reasonable player with joy and wonderfulness in his heart, rather than a completely arrogant dick that we didn't need to win the match anyway.

Ah well, onwards and upwards.

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5452 on: July 03, 2015, 10:32:52 PM

Oh I got myself a KV5 in the weekend sale. Been having a LOT of fun in it. The gun is crap but manageable, and I've actually been scoring some 2000 damage games. I still have to remind myself to ram people but I reverse rammed a TD tonight that snuck up behind me and that was pretty damn funny. 100 tons of love baby.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5453 on: July 03, 2015, 11:31:45 PM

I didn't say he wasn't trying. You could tell just from the scoreboard that he wasn't hiding.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5454 on: July 04, 2015, 11:45:44 PM

Tier IV is a horrible horrible tier.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #5455 on: July 05, 2015, 07:15:02 AM

So this game just happened... ACK!

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5456 on: July 05, 2015, 04:48:12 PM

Nice one. KV-1 Beast Mode.

-H.L. Mencken
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5457 on: July 05, 2015, 06:58:58 PM

Is it just my games or does everybody fire premium rounds starting from tier IV?
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5458 on: July 05, 2015, 08:42:48 PM

Is it just my games or does everybody fire premium rounds starting from tier IV?

Most of the people that do that on a regular basis are bad players.  The only time I might use a gold round in the low tiers is to get that last hit in on a heavily armored tank to secure a win, though I rarely carry them in anything under tier 5 anyway.  Its just not worth it.  In fact, I rarely use gold rounds in anything under tier 8, though I do have some on all my tanks tiers 5-7 just in case.  Tier 10...well, thats a different story.  My E-100 carries nothing but gold and some HE.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5459 on: July 06, 2015, 01:02:43 AM

If you're driving a KV-1, you'll see a lot of sprem spammed at you when you're top tier. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: