Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:11:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2255045 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #5145 on: September 19, 2011, 08:07:45 PM

I'm playing 4 hours of Minecraft while thinking I've only played about 30 minutes. Then I realize it's midnight.

Oh dear god...It's happening again.

And I still haven't finished the west wall!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #5146 on: September 19, 2011, 08:14:55 PM

Neverwinter Nights -
Rogue 4 / Cleric 3 / Shadowdancer 1

Sooooo broken.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5147 on: September 20, 2011, 01:03:41 AM

Picked up Gears of War 3 at midnight tonite and played some versus; god I missed this series. Had to buy a new 360 since I got rid of mine a while ago, so I sprung for the special edition GoW 3 one with the 320gb HD.

Any must-play 360 exclusives come out lately besides Gears?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #5148 on: September 20, 2011, 06:28:37 AM

Do you think that EVE doesn't have enough data?  Is the learning curve for X3 so shallow you're bored in moments?  Is Dwarf Fortresses UI too intuitive and attractive to keep your attention?

If so have I got the game for you:  Aurora

4 hours playing minecraft?  Phah, I spent four hours reading the tutorial for Aurora last night and I'm hardly half way through it.

Aurora is an nth degree detailed, quasi realtime (continuous turnbased?), space 4X with, uh, functional graphics.  Most everyone will hate it, those of you who will love it probably already know who you are.  Have fun!

e:  To further whet your whistle here is an excellent AAR by the games creator. http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/board,112.0.html
He's roleplaying the three different human factions in an extension of 1980's cold war fiction.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 06:02:57 AM by Murgos »

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #5149 on: September 24, 2011, 05:33:26 PM

I got bored and started Fallout 3 GOTY today.  I played the original Wasteland (well, about 80% of it), but neither of the previous Fallouts, and I haven't really read (well, retained) that much about them.

Aside from the annoyances of GFWL not being able to detect where my mouse was, and Steam always insisting on re-installing outdated/redundant DX vWhatever and ancient C++ redistributables, it's...  sort of and not sort-of what I was expecting.  I was expecting a bit more RTS play, but it feels like Borderlands with slower movement and heavier on the RPG elements.  I liked the Ultima-throwback spec/class picking at the beginning (and it pegged me, the personality geek), though accidentally clicking the scroll wheel seemed to break the game and I had to restart it.  Bit surprised at the unarmed spec, considering the amount of hostile gunfire I've encountered thus far - but I'm only to the first town, so...

Also still playing MTG 2012 - almost through the Archenemy campaign, and winning that mode seems to be luck of the draw.  And I still detest artifact-based decks.    swamp poop

(re-edit : perfectionism)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 11:12:56 AM by Minvaren »

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #5150 on: September 25, 2011, 08:40:32 AM

Well, with the f13 minecraft server beingupdated to 1.8, I've been happy with that.  I'm at a standstill otherwise though.   Waiting on the next Project Zomboid patch.  No shooters interest me at the moment.  No MMOs interest me at the moment, and I'm in the off again phase of my on again off again relationship with Starcraft 2.

Hum de dum.  Any suggestions?
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #5151 on: September 25, 2011, 12:57:12 PM

League of Legends? Very competitive but you don't have to maintain your twitch mojo like in SC2.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #5152 on: September 25, 2011, 04:39:07 PM

League of Legends? Very competitive but you don't have to maintain your twitch mojo like in SC2.

I've been considering it actually, but I've heard the community is not very nice to newbies, and I've never gotten into a MOBA game before.  I played the original DOTA mod a few times and its alright, but I don't know if a full game like it would keep my attention.  Then again, at the low low price of free to try, I suppose it can't hurt to give it a whirl.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #5153 on: September 25, 2011, 04:56:44 PM

Hum de dum.  Any suggestions?

F13 Blood Bowl!

We're competitive, but very newbie friendly, and there is a wide array of teams available for different playstyles.  We have a very active community here on f13 and several side-leagues to complement the main league which is starting up very soon; we may have 32 teams signed up and sign-ups end in a day, but even if you don't have a spot in the main league you can play in the Feeder League or a side league, like Horns & Hooves.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #5154 on: September 25, 2011, 06:09:07 PM

I've been considering it actually, but I've heard the community is not very nice to newbies, and I've never gotten into a MOBA game before.  I played the original DOTA mod a few times and its alright, but I don't know if a full game like it would keep my attention.  Then again, at the low low price of free to try, I suppose it can't hurt to give it a whirl.

Honestly, the whole MOBA genre likes to eat their young.  I haven't played one of them where I have been talked to nicely.  I played one game of MP in Demigod, and was trash talked so horribly by my own team that I never played it again.  After I grew thicker skin, I had more fun in LoL.

Also, I suck at them and take my time learning how to do things.  Others don't like that.  If it gets bad, just turn chat off.  You'll lose, but just think about how much better you'll feel that they lose too.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #5155 on: September 25, 2011, 07:41:37 PM

Planescape: Torment.  Haven't played it in a very long time, but it's just as good as I remember.  Widescreen mod is a lifesaver.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #5156 on: September 25, 2011, 08:00:28 PM

SPiderman SHattered DImensions.

What the fuck are they thinking. I like the art, but the pace is just wayyyy toooo fast.

Very disorienting.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5157 on: September 25, 2011, 08:12:50 PM

I picked up Gears 3 and have been doing some MP in that. Also started playing 007: Bloodstone, which isn't nearly as bad as people seem to say. It's not awesome, but it's certainly okay.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #5158 on: September 26, 2011, 12:36:43 AM

I've been considering it actually, but I've heard the community is not very nice to newbies, and I've never gotten into a MOBA game before.  I played the original DOTA mod a few times and its alright, but I don't know if a full game like it would keep my attention.  Then again, at the low low price of free to try, I suppose it can't hurt to give it a whirl.

The community is a bit special, but the developers have made it very easy to ignore people. Also the tutorials are good and hammer on the important points.

edit: and nothing is better than having a team of cretins bray GG's and other trash talk into the chat after they destroy your inhibitor (important structure), but then proceed to drop the ball completely and lose the game.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 12:39:55 AM by jakonovski »
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5159 on: September 26, 2011, 06:51:03 AM

I bought "Gun" on Steam for $5 because I love western themed stuff.  Wow... is that a terrible game.

Playing "Need for Speed" games, Shift at the moment.  I need a new MMO that has decent pvp soon.  I'm starting to twitch.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #5160 on: September 26, 2011, 06:56:13 AM

It's called minecraft.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #5161 on: September 26, 2011, 07:23:49 AM

I found a amazon giftcard and made my semi-yearly sports game impulse purchase. Do other people do this? I'm not sure why I think I'll like/get into a sports game every so often, but when the urge hits, its strong. I pulled the trigger and preordered fifa12 (releases tomorrow.) I hope I get more out of this before it joins the lonely sports game corner with MLB 11 and NHL 10. At least this one was a (mostly) free ride thanks to that giftcard.

Still playing Disgaea 4. Finally clicked on a link detailing an innocent dupe method, and gave into it. After spending maybe 15-20 hours farming for managers and brokers and getting up to maybe 80ish of each, I know have more 300 stacks then I know what to do with. Will probably power through the rest of the game now.

Also still playing LoL. Bought Gangplank, and after playing a lot of laneplank, spent the weekend figuring out how to jungle with him. I like him alot. Got into a premade with mostly f13 folk last night, had a blast.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #5162 on: September 26, 2011, 07:33:12 AM

Minecraft is feeding my crafting jones.  In fact, it has replaced ATiTD for me as the best crafting game ever.

Playing a little Space Pirates and Zombies.  Thinking about playing the Sims until I realize how buggy World Adventures is and then I shelve that idea.  Terraria just doesn't consume my thoughts like Minecraft does.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5163 on: September 26, 2011, 07:37:07 AM

Terraria just doesn't consume my thoughts like Minecraft does.

Does Minecraft have the same sense of adventure that Terraria has?  I'm not really interested in building for the sake of building.  Like the tests in ATitD, I need to have some goal for my crafting. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #5164 on: September 26, 2011, 07:44:40 AM

It does, and its adding more to it with he additions of strongholds and such. It also has balanced PvP   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #5165 on: September 26, 2011, 08:03:03 AM

Minecraft has pvp?
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #5166 on: September 26, 2011, 08:08:16 AM

Yep :)

Walk up to someone and swing.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #5167 on: September 26, 2011, 08:39:47 AM

Gears of War 3 when I get a chance. I'm a sucker for the first two games and this one is by the far the best.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #5168 on: September 26, 2011, 08:49:53 AM

Minecraft has pvp?

Not when the server has it turned off. Which is good.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #5169 on: September 26, 2011, 08:57:09 AM

Minecraft has pvp?

Boooooo.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #5170 on: September 26, 2011, 09:00:08 AM

Believe me, the last thing we need is more xp orbs flying around causing the server to take a time dump.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #5171 on: September 26, 2011, 09:06:26 AM

Believe me, the last thing we need is more xp orbs flying around causing the server to take a time dump.

Eh, we have it on our our server, its not like we go around killing each other, but sometimes its funny :P

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5172 on: September 26, 2011, 09:17:37 AM

Minecraft has pvp?
It's turned off on the f13 server, though there are ways around it >.>
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #5173 on: September 26, 2011, 09:19:43 AM

It was clearly suicide by creeper, no foul play here.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5174 on: September 26, 2011, 09:34:34 AM

I've been considering it actually, but I've heard the community is not very nice to newbies, and I've never gotten into a MOBA game before.  I played the original DOTA mod a few times and its alright, but I don't know if a full game like it would keep my attention.  Then again, at the low low price of free to try, I suppose it can't hurt to give it a whirl.

The community is a bit special, but the developers have made it very easy to ignore people.

I've actually had both good and bad community experiences in LoL. There were a few people that gave me pointers, and didn't harass me when I sucked. Of course, there have been more examples of complete shitdicks than nice people, but it's there. Compared to my one day in Heroes of Newerth, it's a fucking land of milk and honey. That is a community full of total mongoloids.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #5175 on: September 26, 2011, 11:33:13 AM

HoN is populated 99% by German UT kids. LoL only 50%
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5176 on: September 27, 2011, 08:10:27 PM

Maybe I should start a new thread for this?  It seemed to kinda fit here though.

How about someone tell me what to play for a change, I'm getting a bit burned out on LoL and think I'm done with Deus Ex for now.  Like many of you I'm sure, I have quite a few games between Steam/GOG that I've picked up on sale or in bundles, but never actually gotten around to playing.  So here is my list of games that I own, but haven't played much, or at all.  Someone tell me what here I really should play first and I'll try to finish it (or at least play it enough to decide I don't like it and move on).

« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 08:56:28 PM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #5177 on: September 27, 2011, 08:25:17 PM

Definitely a thread in and of itself.

Of what I've played of your list:

Audiosurf
AC2 (if you liked AC1)
Bioshock 1
Witcher 1

Are all definitely "worth 15-30 minutes with to see if they grab you" material.

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5178 on: September 27, 2011, 08:43:08 PM

AC2 (if you liked AC1)

I played though most of AC1 and enjoyed it quite a bit, but never finished it for some reason I forgot.  Does that matter much?  The story seemed kind of a mess anyways so I'm guessing it's not a big deal.

Definitely a thread in and of itself.

Well I guess if a mod gets bored and agrees they can move it.  rolleyes  If I wasn't in school right now I'd put some effort into playing through games as people suggest them and tracking the list and stuff, but in reality it will probably take me a week or more per game from lack of free time.  Heartbreak  Hmm, maybe if I remember though I can make a goal out of killing mass amounts of time doing this my next break or something.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 08:51:03 PM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #5179 on: September 27, 2011, 08:46:04 PM

How about someone tell me what to play for a change, I'm getting a bit burned out on LoL and think I'm done with Deus Ex for now.  Like many of you I'm sure, I have quite a few games between Steam/GOG that I've picked up on sale or in bundles, but never actually gotten around to playing.

What kind of game are you looking for?

If you need something long and sandboxy, I thought  Grand Theft Auto (San Andreas is my favorite, but Vice City is good too), Just Cause 2 and Red Faction: Guerilla were fun.

If you're after something with more narrative, Vampire: Bloodlines is good, or the Witcher, as Min points out.

If you need something to kill a few minutes, Audiosurf and Beat Hazard are quick little time wasters.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: