Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:44:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231501 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4620 on: May 31, 2011, 07:43:25 AM

The production values of Fable 3 interested me, but watching the trailer where the character farts in an NPC's face reminded me how much I dislike the gameplay of that franchise.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #4621 on: June 01, 2011, 07:54:19 PM

Assassin's Creed 2 is quite addictive.  The feathers are more annoying to find than the chalices from #1.  The gameplay is slick and intuitive - the puzzles are challenging,  but rarely frustrating.  Minigames don't suck.  Double-stabby is  awesome, for real.

Noting that Steam rarely accumulates "hours played" properly - seems to suddenly revert for no real reason.  Wondering if that isn't hurting their datamining...

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #4622 on: June 01, 2011, 08:52:23 PM

Yes Assassin Creed series is going from strength to strength, but I fear it is turning into pseudo Fable difficulty.
Gone is the challenge of multiple enemies. I never look forward to combat in Creed series due to how easy it is to resolve it.
Maxed out your notoriety? No problemo. ...right click hold left mouse right click hold left mouse right click...all dead. Stab that wandering official and tear a poster, you're done.

It's nothing more than an interactive screenplay at times. There's no tension at all when you know you can't lose. And fuck, the timed jumping sequences loses its novelty after the fourth fall. I like the effort they put into making the city, but boy are they turning the difficulty down to age 5 and up region.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #4623 on: June 02, 2011, 04:25:06 AM

I found AC 1 boring and repetitive. I don't give a flying fuck if it was also difficult. AC 2 has enough challenge and more importantly enough variety for me. I do keep worrying that I'm missing the invisible words that unlock those mystery files, since there's nothing on the maps to indicate where they are (at least not so far), so I've been going back and prowling all around the cities with my eagle vision on. Only found one I overlooked so far. (I just finished Venice.)
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #4624 on: June 02, 2011, 04:57:15 AM

It's nothing more than an interactive screenplay at times.

This is most single player games these days it seems.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4625 on: June 02, 2011, 09:41:56 AM

I found AC 1 boring and repetitive. I don't give a flying fuck if it was also difficult. AC 2 has enough challenge and more importantly enough variety for me. I do keep worrying that I'm missing the invisible words that unlock those mystery files, since there's nothing on the maps to indicate where they are (at least not so far), so I've been going back and prowling all around the cities with my eagle vision on. Only found one I overlooked so far. (I just finished Venice.)
IIRC you can get some help by going into your Locations list in the menus; locations with those glyphs will have an icon in the top right (an eye, maybe?). If the icon is grey you've found it already, but if it's red you haven't. It's not as useful as them being on the minimap, but it's better than nothing.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #4626 on: June 06, 2011, 04:55:00 PM

I just finished AC2.   I expected a twist at the end, but the direction of this one surprised me (in a good way).  And the credits were  DRILLING AND MANLINESS.

Collected everything minus a single weapon and 2/3rds of the feathers.  Had over half a million gold at the end because I built up the city first.  I quite enjoyed this one, like the first.

Also finding that the last Guitar Hero (Warriors of Rock) game was actually the best one they'd done in awhile, and I'm actually playing quest (career) mode and enjoying it!  Last time that happened was with GH3.  The surprise 2112 playthrough was neat as well - I'd never actually heard the album despite it's legendary status (which I get now).  But sight-reading Grand Finale was  ACK!.

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #4627 on: June 06, 2011, 08:07:32 PM

I put 113 hours into M&B: With Fire and Sword. I conquered Poland. I was the sole king. Then at the end:

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #4628 on: June 06, 2011, 08:16:11 PM

I put 113 hours into M&B: With Fire and Sword. I conquered Poland. I was the sole king. Then at the end:

I've been playing WoW, some RIFT, and the Sims 3. I like the new expansion, but I think some people might find it underwhelming, I dunno. It fleshes out some shit that needed fleshing out, but it doesn't really add any New & Exciting stuff, you know?

God Save the Horn Players
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #4629 on: June 07, 2011, 05:15:18 AM

Just finished Red Dead Redemption. Good ending, I guess. Though the last 20-odd missions really started to grind. Don't think I'll go back and grind out the extra costumes and such, though.

I then picked up Red Faction: Guerilla which I put down a looong time ago, which according to my saves I hadn't played for over a year, and then almost a year before that. Did a few missions, enjoying the destruction but not particularly enjoying much of the rest. Not sure if I'll grind through though. The fact that I'm thinking of it in terms of grind probably isn't the greatest thing... I'd like to start GTA4 or Just Cause 2 or even Undead Nightmare, but I figure I should try and finish some of the sandboxes I already started before starting the newer ones.  swamp poop

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #4630 on: June 07, 2011, 05:34:56 AM

BB, Frozen Synapse, BaK and I'm trying to get my old cards so I can play PoxNora a little too... Turn based crazyness
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4631 on: June 07, 2011, 06:50:08 AM

Reading the Darth Bane books, felt like Sithing it up a bit and play KotOR. Forgot I only had it for the xbox, so had to steam it AT FULL PRICE OF $10. Ah well, applied the widescreen patch and it looks pretty nice.

Controls are wonky and the GUI hack puts the (miniscule) health bars off the screen, so I have to use another hack to have them kind of float in the middle of the screen. Targeting gets a bit wonky, too, sometimes tough to get an item to highlight properly. But it works and looks nice, so dealing with it.

Forgot how difficult it is to be Sithy in KotOR. It is fun playing with a character named Revan, though  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #4632 on: June 07, 2011, 06:51:38 AM

Just spent the last week and a half playing Chrono Trigger on my DS.  I never played the original and man did I miss out!  I am thoroughly enjoying it and getting well more than my $20 out of it.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #4633 on: June 07, 2011, 07:23:34 AM

Tried the Dungeon Siege III demo on Steam - as expected its pretty terrible.  It seems to be an ARPG designed to be played with a controller.  Pass.
Tairnyn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4634 on: June 07, 2011, 04:05:29 PM

Somehow got sucked into World of Tanks. It's a grind, but I can't help but enjoy it.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #4635 on: June 07, 2011, 06:01:40 PM

Tried the Dungeon Siege III demo on Steam - as expected its pretty terrible.  It seems to be an ARPG designed to be played with a controller.  Pass.

I didn't feel it was terrible, but it really suffers from a lack of feature polish.  I tried it on Steam and while the graphics looked stellar, the keyboard/mouse control is janky for this title.  I downloaded it on PS3 and it feels a LOT better controlling it, but doesn't look as pretty.  The camera on both versions is wacky... they have no excuse putting that camera on this game.  Even if they allowed the camera to dip another 15 degrees lower on the PS3 version I'd be okay.  But as it stands, meh. 

Story seems generic, but passable.  The worst is going to be the co-op, I think (secondary players are not persistent).  We'll have to see reviews on it.  Either way, I see this as a solid $29.99 purchase for me.  But not at full price.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #4636 on: June 07, 2011, 07:29:36 PM

Did you try it with a controller?

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #4637 on: June 07, 2011, 11:00:45 PM

Tried the Dungeon Siege 3 demo. Control scheme was kinda off, so I won't get it at full price. Maybe in a sale later on, especially since its from Obsidian and the first version will be buggy anyway.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #4638 on: June 08, 2011, 01:13:35 AM

Mostly playing Brink, waiting for Duke.  Was looking forward to Fable 3, but it was kind of disappointing.

Grabbed a few classics of GoG, too.  Wing Commander: Privateer is fucking amazing.  I'd forgotten how much immersion a few little tweaks (like having to arm your weapons or being able to hail other ships) can add to a game.  Got Ultima Underworld, too, but I'm not as rabid about that, the controls are driving me berserk.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #4639 on: June 08, 2011, 07:30:18 AM

I downloaded a Star Wars mod for Mount and Blade, and I'm flying around on my TIE fighter murdering Jawas.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4640 on: June 08, 2011, 07:49:28 AM

I downloaded a Star Wars mod for Mount and Blade, and I'm flying around on my TIE fighter murdering Jawas.
You should try getting in the TIE fighter. Much more effective.

/Carlin
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #4641 on: June 08, 2011, 09:08:13 AM

Did you try it with a controller?

It's actually not bad with a keyboard/mouse.   It's just little shit like you can't spin the camera around with the mouse.  WASD+mouse works fine really.    There are two camera angles and both of them are a bit meh.   The top-down one was close enough to a normal ARPG that I didn't find it a big deal.  I was suddenly a lot more sold on the game when I met Katarina though  awesome, for real.

Still not likely a day 1 purchase for me.   For 30 bucks I'll buy in probably.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4642 on: June 09, 2011, 05:51:45 AM

I'm enjoying Dead Nation.  Other than that I haven't had much time for other games.

Last night I started a new game of Twilight Princess for the boy.  He herded goats and then played with chickens until bedtime.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4643 on: June 09, 2011, 07:15:55 AM

Kinda jumping around a bit. Played a little BB single player, a little KotOR, a little Amnesia.

KotOR seems so primitive and starts off soooo slow, it's been tough to get into. Probably played more Pazaak than actual gameplay...(doesn't show on Steam stats because I have to use a modified exe to use widescreen hack).
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #4644 on: June 09, 2011, 09:18:56 PM

It looks like Carth is about to bitch. Perhaps you should speak to him.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #4645 on: June 09, 2011, 11:39:21 PM

KotOR seems so primitive and starts off soooo slow, it's been tough to get into. Probably played more Pazaak than actual gameplay...(doesn't show on Steam stats because I have to use a modified exe to use widescreen hack).

I remember the first part of KOTOR being pretty bad from a gameplay standpoint, mostly because you aren't a Jedi yet.  It's even worse if you try to minimize your starting class levels.

Mostly been playing "avoid having to work the weekend" with a little bit of Rift and Witcher 1 thrown in.  Still need to complete the Witcher playthrough I want to import.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #4646 on: June 11, 2011, 02:37:28 PM

I'm a few hours into Infamous 2 and quite enjoying it. The combat is fun, better than the original game already since you start out with some decent powers, and there already seems to be more enemy and environmental variety (a sore point of the first game for me). The story is tripe and any interacting with NPCs feels like an amateur hour effort (Cole's new voice actor is also really annoying to me for some reason), but the game has fantastic moment-to-moment gameplay. Cole has a nice balance of feeling powerful, but also vulnerable at the same time. If this was an RPG he'd be a glass cannon mage. Traversal seems a little looser and easier than the first game too.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 02:39:50 PM by AcidCat »
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #4647 on: June 11, 2011, 04:07:09 PM

Started Witcher 2 over again.  A couple of patches and the playability has definitely increased...

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #4648 on: June 12, 2011, 02:06:57 AM

I picked up Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions on Friday and have been playing it a bit instead of throwing it into the pile. It's not Amazing ;) but it's actually pretty decent. I'm not enjoying the 2099 version though, as it's a bit blinding with all the neon and such. 3 or 4 missions in, a lot of challenges and crap to unlock more moves and costumes. I just noticed that you have to unlock all the challenges to unlock the final four costumes in the game, so I'm not sure if I'll catass it to that extent. Levels are ok to replay, though they could be shorter as they clock in at 30-45 minutes for a level, which is a lot of time (for me) to dedicate to playing in an uninterruptable chunk.

Did some sniper rifle grinding in BF:BC2. For some reason I've got it in my head to try and gold star every weapon before BF3 comes along and kills BC2. I'm sure I'd have done it long ago if I hadn't stopped playing it for a year or 2.

A little bit of Red Faction: Guerilla as well. Mission here and there. Hope to finish it one day, but I'm only just into the third zone, so it seems like there's a fair bit to go...

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #4649 on: June 12, 2011, 02:31:38 AM

IIRC you can get some help by going into your Locations list in the menus; locations with those glyphs will have an icon in the top right (an eye, maybe?). If the icon is grey you've found it already, but if it's red you haven't. It's not as useful as them being on the minimap, but it's better than nothing.
Yeah, all of the hidden Glyphs are stuck on noteable landmarks, and your Locations list in the Databank will show an Eye icon in the upper right corner of the landmark's picture.  I actually preferred that method to showing them on the minimap, because It helped train me to become familiar with the major city landmarks visually while hunting for the glyphs.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #4650 on: June 12, 2011, 04:54:06 AM

After preodering the pay-version of Desktop Dungeons (to show my appreciation for all the hours they stole) I made the error of downloading the free version once more. There went my evening.

Also, and I am terribly ashamed about that, Baseball Superstars 2010HD on my Ipad. The anime shit annoys me, but its the only baseball game I own where I actually can play without being overwhelmed by the outlandish controls.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4651 on: June 12, 2011, 07:08:27 PM

Got Infamous as one of my free PSN downloads so I'm playing it for the first time. I'm going through as evil on hard difficulty, as suggested by my performance in the tutorial. It's pretty fun so far; my only complaint is that the platforming is a bit less forgiving than AC2 or Crackdown, and I've met a watery grave more than once because of it.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #4652 on: June 12, 2011, 09:38:23 PM

Still playing Privateer.  It's interesting to see how design philosophies have changed over the years. 

I wanted to buy a new ship, but couldn't find the price.  Not in the game, not in the manual, I even checked gameFAQs and got nada.  So I just kept doing missions until finally the guy would take my money and bought a new ship.  He said he'd take my old ship in trade-in, which is fine with me, and I'd even have a few credits left over.  Score!  The catch is, after I bought it I discovered the new ship has almost nothing on it.  No weapons, no shields, no armor of any sort (which I'd assumed were standard since the starter ship had them).  So, one hit from anything and I die instantly, I don't have afterburners to run away, nor guns or missiles to fight back.  And the "few credits left over" is about 1000, not enough to even do a full cargo run.  So I'm scrambling around between an agricultural planet and a mining planet with a hold half full of iron trying to make a few hundred credits profit.  Much merriment at the save/load screen is being had.

It's kind of frustrating, but at the same time, kind of a refreshing change from a modern game where you wouldn't be able to gimp yourself like this.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4653 on: June 13, 2011, 06:30:16 AM

Just Cause 2, 81% now.  Had a mission on Hantu Island which explained a lot and was fun, but still have not progressed the story.

Dead Nation.  Hard to play in daylight, so I bumped up the gamma.  Starting to have to think about strategy and learn where the zombie waves come from, so I might lose interest.

Castlevania HD, managed to get a couple Yasutsuna which are a big help.  I don't seem to be able to do the left-right alternation with Soma for some reason, so he's using a Yasutsuna and Gugnir.  Currently farming Fish Head souls to replace Axe Knight.

Symphony of the Night!  I found some more rooms with "direction" from a friend who couldn't believe I hadn't completed it.  The primary issue is that you don't see the 206.whatever% completion except on the download version, so my PS1 save file doesn't show more than 196.3% completion although it does know I beat Shaft.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #4654 on: June 13, 2011, 11:21:43 AM

I just started playing Uncharted 2 and holy mother of god I'm about to throw my controller at the TV for this early stealth level.  I can't fucking get past it without being seen, or without the fucking retarded AI player from running in the middle of a bunch of guys and getting seen.

I've literally played this section 25 times, and I'm beginning to rage.  If Uncharted 1 wasn't so awesome I would have ejected by now

*edit* and I finally got it by getting to one guy early enough that no one sees me throw him off the balcony.   Thank christ
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 11:32:27 AM by KallDrexx »
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: