Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:45:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2254327 times)
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #2660 on: March 31, 2010, 07:53:36 AM

Just finished up Marvel Alliance 2 (PS3) and now playing through Champions Online - Vibora Bay (PC), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), and Hustle Kings (PS3).
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #2661 on: March 31, 2010, 08:21:11 AM

I've actually gone back to playing Civ IV as well recently.  The BtS add-on really adds a lot to it.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #2662 on: March 31, 2010, 08:47:56 AM

DoW II Chaos Rising...EXPLOSIONS! PSYKER! At times I just don't know what's going on in the battlefield, but dropping a giant drop pod to kill dozens of heretics is 101% fun. I haven't messed with the Corruption yet..but my god the librarian power spamming is soooo fun.

It cured my heartbreak from the other franchise's decline.

"Fire and Fury Brings Forth VICTORY!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 08:57:11 AM by rk47 »

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
WayAbvPar

Reply #2663 on: March 31, 2010, 08:56:49 AM

Finally tried FFH2 a couple of days ago. I had (and still have) no idea what the hell I am doing, but it was definitely interesting. Wish the tile set/graphics were a bit brighter, though. It looked dark and muddy.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #2664 on: March 31, 2010, 08:58:28 AM

Finally tried FFH2 a couple of days ago. I had (and still have) no idea what the hell I am doing, but it was definitely interesting. Wish the tile set/graphics were a bit brighter, though. It looked dark and muddy.

Well. Go pick a favorite race to play a couple of times and you'll get it.
Don't mess with magic yet if you are unsure. I honestly enjoyed my time playing barbarians like orcs. With their special building, they get double military production bonus for those cheap cavemen rushes early on.

jth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2665 on: March 31, 2010, 09:21:59 AM

Also tried Civilization IV for the first time last weekend. Played the first one probably hundreds of hours back then, but never tried the newer ones (except Revolution) until now. I've heard lots of good things about a certain mod, but I guess I should get comfortable with the normal game first.
Do you have the BtS add-on yet? It really improves the base game a lot (and "the mod" requires it, so you want it anyway).
I have now, replaced the normal version (6€ from Steam Christmas sales) with the Complete Edition since I wanted the Colonization remake as well.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2666 on: March 31, 2010, 09:44:24 AM

Did you install a new tileset? They link Blue Marble from their forum page, but it's not integral to FFH2. They didn't really do anything to the tiles, not sure what you're referring to.

F13 folks might enjoy Lanun with Octopus Overlords as a religion as a first step, just make sure you have a lot of water on the map (Lanun is a naval civ). There are still entire civs I have no idea how to play properly, that's one of the best things about FFH2 over CivIV, so much personality in the civs.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #2667 on: March 31, 2010, 09:52:58 AM

FfH is almost too complicated.  Every time I try it I feel overwhelmed and then wander back to vanilla.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2668 on: March 31, 2010, 12:49:45 PM

Tried Mount and Blade Warband, but its still a bit too buggy for my tastes. First quest you got is called "blank", and twice it already froze when I exited from the first city. I think I'll wait at least one patch until I grind my teeth into it.

Edit: Already patched, and quite more stable now. Off to conquer the desert faction now...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 01:30:14 PM by Tebonas »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2669 on: March 31, 2010, 04:29:59 PM

Went back to White Knight Chronicles while the wife was passed out and I had some good fun.  The break I took seems to have allowed the combat system to percolate into my brain.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2670 on: April 01, 2010, 02:13:17 PM

Got MAG hella cheap. Playing it now.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #2671 on: April 02, 2010, 05:27:26 AM

Took the advice in the other thread and started FfH as the, uh, elves.  EZ mode on!

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2672 on: April 02, 2010, 08:51:21 AM

Easter Holidays = much more gaming time!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

PC:
A bit of LOTRO - just hit 45 the other day so we all went through the legendary weapon chain and got into moria at 46.
Some more Bad Company 2 online - finished unlocking the Assault, 1 unlock left for each of Engy and Recon, and 2 for Medic.

360:
Did some more HP grinding on Earth Defence Force 2017 (Passive TV)
Blew up more random shit in the Saboteur, (More passive TV) did a couple more missions. Hope to finish the game shortly.
Picked up Blood Bowl for cheap, had half a game so far. Might try it on XBL (whatever happend to the f13 league on PC?)
More Rock Band 2 and Lego Rock Band.
Picked up Call of Duty 4 for cheap, and playing it through on the big screen (finished it once or twice on PC). Reminds me just what a good job they did with that game, before all the bad blood around MW2/IW/Activision. I'll have to pick up MW2 and even Bad Company 2 when I find both of them cheap at some time in the future, just to play through both on the TV.

Wii/PS3:
Haven't turned either on, but I picked up Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 cheaply, and downloaded a bunch of free crap for both.

I should go back and finish Just Cause 1 sometime, now that the sequel is out. Trouble is I put it down at a point I was having trouble with some mission you needed to fly choppers around for, and I havent played it for 2 years, so my control/skills would now be shithouse. Might do Arkham Asylum on PS3 instead when I finish Saboteur.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
jth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2673 on: April 03, 2010, 02:05:56 PM

A consoleless friend came over for a gaming day. We chose two games which I hadn't tried yet, first was Mario Kart (Wii), that was OK but not really much of an improvement over Mario Kart DS.

Second game was House of the Dead: Overkill (Wii), and that was really awesome Heart Heart Heart. Played through the normal game taking turns, and next time we'll try the Director's Cut as two player game with two wiimotes.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2674 on: April 03, 2010, 06:20:22 PM

This might be even too nerdy for this board, but... the new pokemon games are awesome. 

Heartgold and Soulsilver (I've got Soulsilver, Ho-oh looks like a flaming chicken so forget heartgold), obviously remakes of gold and silver from ten years ago.  Yes, you're that old.

I bought Diamond/Platinum (well, one of them), but got bored fairly quickly for a couple of reasons and never finished it.  This I bought about a week ago and I'm still logging multiple hours daily.  So much is streamlined and just flat out better, and after certain things like the national park and especially the Safari Zone open up, it's pretty easy to get whatever pokeman you want.   Or, you can just trade with anyone through a wireless internet connection. 

There's also a pedometer that apparently can get you some interesting stuff but I haven't tried it yet - pretty sure I could never live down someone finding it on me.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #2675 on: April 03, 2010, 06:32:22 PM

I've always wanted to try a Pokemon game and I do like taking long walks.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2676 on: April 03, 2010, 07:18:14 PM

It's a great rpg-esque game with a fair amount of strategy to learn.  If you just want to beat the storyline game, you probably won't be challenged, but taking on the elite four and the trainers who come after the 'story' can be hard as hell. 

And that's not even getting into the crazy ass people who spend hours and hours breeding and training their pokes to have just the right stats, natures, and moves for battling online. 
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #2677 on: April 03, 2010, 08:18:46 PM

Restarting another run of Dragon Age to export the character to Awakening.
Caste-less Dwarf Rogue seems solid, gonna mess around with recruitable NPC builds as I kit my character up.
Turned Sten into a dual wielder, about to make Whynne into Arcane Warrior.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #2678 on: April 03, 2010, 08:47:40 PM

Got Dante's Inferno for PS3 for $25 with the PAX discount.  It's not a terrible game, even if it's an absolute rip of GoW.  The artwork is pretty depraved, which is good for a game like this.  Lust was awesome, on Gluttony now. 

My only gripe is the fact that I've missed some items/relics along the way and there's no way to go back and get them.  I will have to play again to find everything, and I really don't like playing storybased games over and over.  Oh wells.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #2679 on: April 04, 2010, 12:31:51 PM

Frankly, it kills me that Pokemon games come with Pedo-meters.   this guy looks legit

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #2680 on: April 05, 2010, 09:38:25 AM

It's a great rpg-esque game with a fair amount of strategy to learn.  If you just want to beat the storyline game, you probably won't be challenged, but taking on the elite four and the trainers who come after the 'story' can be hard as hell. 

And that's not even getting into the crazy ass people who spend hours and hours breeding and training their pokes to have just the right stats, natures, and moves for battling online. 

My daughter likes it so I have the other one for my DS. They're pretty enjoyable to play, actually. I tend to get obsessed with catching rare or unusual Pokemon which these games generally make an exercise in ball-busting tedium, it's really rather MMO-like in that respect. My daughter has a friend who wanted to battle my Pokemon from Diamond/Pearl, and I forgot to set the level 50 cap, so his perfectly trained level 100 Pokemon with the perfect team make-up squashed my level 75-80ish Pokemon. I'm glad to build his self-esteem, I guess. Better than being beaten by a 10-year old at a twitch shooter, I guess.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #2681 on: April 05, 2010, 09:43:39 AM

Question about the pokemon game (on behalf of my son): is it once again the same exact fucking game as all the other versions, only with different pokemons? 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #2682 on: April 05, 2010, 09:49:11 AM

It's basically the same as Silver and Gold only with some different Pokemons, some new areas and dynamics, etc. I find it more fun than Diamond and Pearl for some reason, but I didn't play Silver or Gold in their original form.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #2683 on: April 05, 2010, 09:52:24 AM

So it's the same as Silver and Gold, which were the same as Diamond and Pearl, which were the same as Red, Blue, Green, fucking Off White and Pink versions as well.  In other words, they are still selling the same damn game they've been making for the last 15 years with almost no changes?  Yeah, I'm embellishing, but am I far from the truth?

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2684 on: April 05, 2010, 10:47:45 AM

Diamond and Pearl had completely different storylines and took place on different continents, and had a large chunk of different pokemon that aren't commonly available in this one.  Not sure if this is how it was before, but once you 'beat' HG/SS, you can travel over to the other continent and do that whole game as well.

You still travel around and catch pokemon and fight gym leaders and beat Team Rocket.  But like I said, D/P bored me after about 10 hours and I never finished it.  I'm at 30-something on this on and only not playing because I don't have time. 
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #2685 on: April 05, 2010, 10:49:54 AM

So it's the same as Silver and Gold, which were the same as Diamond and Pearl, which were the same as Red, Blue, Green, fucking Off White and Pink versions as well.  In other words, they are still selling the same damn game they've been making for the last 15 years with almost no changes?  Yeah, I'm embellishing, but am I far from the truth?

You're pretty much right. Some new Pokemon, some new things-to-do, but basically the same template. The protagonists are always the same, the rival is more or less the same, etc. If you were to compare it to the Shin Megami Tensei games, those also have a kind of template, but there's not only a lot more new stuff happening in each game, every one offers a fundamentally new story, new characters, and so on. But there is a vague resemblance in that one of the core gameplay dynamics is the collection of new demons/Pokemon, their training or development, and the creation of an ideal team that allows you to match against new circumstances and enemies.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2686 on: April 05, 2010, 01:52:12 PM

Mostly FFXIII and WKC.  I'm going full weeaboo now that WKC has clicked, doing quests multiple times and getting excited when I find some more "rock" and "pebble" so I can build things for my town.  Sometimes I even progress the story!  Just made it to the desert.

FFXIII, I just moved to Chapter 8.  I don't seem to understand how a Sentinel is supposed to work, otherwise I'm good.

Last night I played a few minutes of Super Mario Bros. Wii, once again failing horribly in World 1-6.  Having a six-year-old as a partner doesn't help much.

Listening to five different Tomita CDs in the car.  My wife likes the original Pictures at an Exhibition more, but she's just weird like that. Ohhhhh, I see.

Tried to read more of The Two Towers last night but the wife wanted to have an argument instead.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2687 on: April 05, 2010, 02:19:03 PM

Beat Borderlands today, played for 9 hours straight. Thanks for the holiday, official state religion!

Tomorrow night, nerding out on MAG. Maybe play Heavy Rain with the SO.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #2688 on: April 06, 2010, 07:48:00 AM

Grim Fandango.  On probably the 7th replay now.  I try to play it once every few years as it is simply one of the best games of all time, and holds up incredibly well IMO.

Trine.  Kinda fun but not incredible.  Not sure how much more interesting it gets.  But, I will admit that playing around with the physics with the wizard usually leaves a smile on my face.  Skeletons constantly spawning, less so.

The Witcher.  Very slowly because I have the attention span of an ADHD 12 year old with divorced parents and an addiction to jolt.

Mass Effect.  See description for Witcher.  Must finish this before I get ME2.

Plain Sight.  Silly flying around locking onto people slamming into them game.  I can't tell if I hate it or love it yet but I at least am interested to try it again after my first session of flailing failure.

Horizon:  Batman: AA, Sam and Max 2010, Miles Edgeworth: Investigations, ME2, Dragon Age: Awakening (last two in whichever order they go on sale first)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 07:49:54 AM by trias_e »
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #2689 on: April 06, 2010, 08:23:47 AM

Currently playing Dragon Age: Awakening on and off in little chunks. Also working through Mass Effect 2. Good time to be a wRPG fan.

Also playing Dante's Inferno. Average game with fantastic graphics and graphical style. I think I might have accidently picked the easy setting. I chose "Classic" difficulty, but I'm starting to think that was the "OMG super easy" setting, as I dont think I have died in combat one time yet. All my deaths have come from insta-kill situations, like lava, and falling.

Most of my time though is being spent in Global Agenda. I am really enjoying the game for the ability to pick up and play, except I end up playing for several hours.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2690 on: April 06, 2010, 11:20:39 AM

Miles Edgeworth: Investigations

You haven't played it yet? Slacker.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2691 on: April 06, 2010, 11:42:30 AM

Bastards got me back into FFH2.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #2692 on: April 06, 2010, 12:28:29 PM

Ok, you just shamed me into ordering it and putting it higher on the list.  I needed a good game to play in bed before going to sleep anyways, as I've been living off of starcraft 2 replays and let's plays for a while now.  Of course sam and max will be perfect for that, but it's not out yet and even when it does come out it will only take a few days to complete an episode.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2693 on: April 06, 2010, 01:10:14 PM

I havn't had time for video games for almost a week and finally got back to FFXIII.

I farmed up a ton of stuff in Chapter 11.  Managed to max out full rank 4 role on each character, got my chocobo, and three pairs of sprint shoes.

Good times.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2694 on: April 06, 2010, 01:52:40 PM

Ok, you just shamed me into ordering it and putting it higher on the list.  I needed a good game to play in bed before going to sleep anyways, as I've been living off of starcraft 2 replays and let's plays for a while now.  Of course sam and max will be perfect for that, but it's not out yet and even when it does come out it will only take a few days to complete an episode.

You will thank me for it later!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: