Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:25:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 30 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231474 times)
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2345 on: January 13, 2010, 06:54:27 AM

Working through my backlog of Steam sale games much better now that I've dropped League of Legends for now.  Playing through Warhammer 40K II right now and enjoying it quite a bit.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #2346 on: January 13, 2010, 09:23:11 AM

Stalker: Clear Sky.

I never played the first much, but this game just proves how much of a sucker I am for that kind of RPGish, freeroaming shooters. Far Cry 2 is another one. Clear Sky took a few patches, but I'm really enjoying it eventhough there isn't a whole lot of meat to the game, just a bunch of pretty fun and sometimes challenging game mechanics. Basically all you do is collect stuff (power-ups - "artifacts" - weapon upgrades, quest items and, obviously, guns and money) and shoot stuff but generally it's really well presented and atmospheric and kinda works in a fairly subtle way. This really has me looking forward to Call of Pripyat.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2347 on: January 14, 2010, 03:35:46 AM

Trouble in Paradise, Bayonetta

[edit] Viva Pinata is not as good as I thought it'd be. Damnit, gonna have to get a Wii  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 06:02:54 AM by stray »
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #2348 on: January 14, 2010, 08:08:41 AM

My daughter and I played Viva Pinata for a while. It was frustrating, because I could see a decent sandbox sort of game in there struggling to get out.

I'm trying to decide whether to get Darksiders.

Working on Assassin's Creed II now. Went back and did some Witcher recently.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2349 on: January 14, 2010, 08:26:43 AM

Little King's Story, Wii.  Just started, seems like it has promise.  I dig the cinematics art style, and the music.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #2350 on: January 14, 2010, 11:14:26 AM

Going to buy Bayonetta and Darksiders tonight.  Hopefully I will have time to play them.  Right now trying to work through Shadow Hearts and it is slow going.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #2351 on: January 14, 2010, 12:39:41 PM

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2352 on: January 14, 2010, 01:25:15 PM

I finally have a copy of Batman: AA. I shall try and devote the weekend to beating it. Is it long?
BitWarrior
Terracotta Army

Reply #2353 on: January 14, 2010, 01:41:48 PM

I finally have a copy of Batman: AA. I shall try and devote the weekend to beating it. Is it long?

Not really, though it depends how you play. Just the storyline? Pretty quick. Are you collecting all the riddles? That'll definitely take more time. Are you planning to get 3 medals on all the challenges? That'll definitely take quite a bit more time.

Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2354 on: January 14, 2010, 02:42:25 PM

My daughter and I played Viva Pinata for a while. It was frustrating, because I could see a decent sandbox sort of game in there struggling to get out.

That's how I'm feeling. Would rather get a Wii like I said (Animal Crossing, Rune Factory). It's a pretty game though.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2355 on: January 14, 2010, 03:03:16 PM

Not really, though it depends how you play. Just the storyline? Pretty quick. Are you collecting all the riddles? That'll definitely take more time. Are you planning to get 3 medals on all the challenges? That'll definitely take quite a bit more time.

If you can get achievements for less than 100% completion on collectibles, I might give them a chance. Otherwise, just the story.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2356 on: January 14, 2010, 03:10:38 PM

If you can get achievements for less than 100% completion on collectibles, I might give them a chance. Otherwise, just the story.

The collectibles are all worth doing IMO.  Each string of collectibles reveals another bit of backstory, and you get achievements for hitting certain milestones.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2357 on: January 14, 2010, 04:42:37 PM

I walked around the corner to find my wife playing Dawn of Discovery on the Wii.  True story.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2358 on: January 14, 2010, 05:55:37 PM

So why is she around the corner?   ACK!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2359 on: January 14, 2010, 06:24:07 PM

UFC 2009

I need to stop buying games.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2360 on: January 14, 2010, 06:42:20 PM

So why is she around the corner?   ACK!

My house is not a tunnel.

Now I find that my key for the real Dawn of Discovery is not working.  Very strange since I bought it from Steam and played it previously.  Stupid Tages.

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2361 on: January 14, 2010, 10:38:08 PM

Replaying Mass Effect on the PC in preparation of Mass Effect 2. Can't decide yet between my Paragon Vanguard and my Renegade Soldier. Decking annoying scientists and threatening to blow away uncooperative petty thieves is just too satisfying.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2362 on: January 14, 2010, 10:48:18 PM

I liked being a Paragon, but I had one slip up/satisfying dickhead moment when that old gang buddy wanted help, but tried using the whole "for old time's sake" routine.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2363 on: January 14, 2010, 10:50:33 PM

Mass Effect also. Paragon totally for the first time around though I racked up enough renegade points to get almost all the way through the dickhead tree. Soldier also, gonna be level 50 by the end, 100%ing it for no reason other than to do it.

Killing the girl. Though I wish I could kill Kaiden also.
Killing the council, though I may save the game right before it, clone the profile, and have two to go in with. Haven't decided yet.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #2364 on: January 15, 2010, 06:53:41 AM

Finally went out and bought a PSP.  I picked up Crisis Core to get started and also Daxter (can’t go wrong for $3 right?).   I’ve been looking around at what else to pick up, I think I’m going to go out and get Suikoden (been awhile), SMT:Persona (not sure if I should get the first or the third one first, I’ve never played the series), Final Fantasy Dissidia and maybe Disgaea 2.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #2365 on: January 15, 2010, 07:26:09 AM

Time for another update I suppose:

I've been playing Torchlight again on Very Hard Hardcore Mode, adds quite a bit of fun to play that way, I think.
Love Beta
Team Fortress 2 as always.

On a whim, reinstalled Sim City 4 yesterday, had some fun with it, probably play that a bunch for a bit, then shelve it again for a while.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #2366 on: January 15, 2010, 07:52:42 AM

SimCity 4 is a much better game now that it's old and runs fast on modern hardware.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2367 on: January 15, 2010, 12:40:24 PM

Killing the council, though I may save the game right before it, clone the profile, and have two to go in with. Haven't decided yet.

What's wrong with Kaiden? I'm finding that I want to take him on all the missions for nothing more than the biotics. Of course, I'm playing a sniper-focused infiltrator, which isn't easy, and his powers make it a lot more bearable.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2368 on: January 15, 2010, 12:50:37 PM

What's wrong with Kaiden? I'm finding that I want to take him on all the missions for nothing more than the biotics. Of course, I'm playing a sniper-focused infiltrator, which isn't easy, and his powers make it a lot more bearable.

He's annoying. And has the same voice as Carth, so it brings back Carth whining memories.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2369 on: January 15, 2010, 01:01:13 PM

I don't care about KOTOR, the guy was boring to look at, had shitty writing, and was just a poorly designed character all-around. Adding humans so you can have subtle conversations about race does not a good space game make.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #2370 on: January 16, 2010, 07:11:25 PM

Finding it hard to play Torchlight Destroyer with the constant buff refresher. Gonna have to search for a mod to make buffs longer or something. And the spell effect, yeowch, My eyes. They burn. With frost armor, shadow armor, spectral bowman and spectral echo it's just hard to tell what's going on in combat.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #2371 on: January 17, 2010, 04:03:10 PM

Still cannot decide about whether to get Bayonetta and Darksiders.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2372 on: January 17, 2010, 04:17:50 PM

Holy shit, Batman:AA really is as good as everyone's been saying. I love it! Still, STO beta has been taking most of my time. What is it with MMOs?
Vision
Terracotta Army

Reply #2373 on: January 18, 2010, 02:58:35 AM

Im going for the Big Boss Extreme emblem in MGS4. I finally got through the frog battle, although I didn't get a beast statue after completing it. I already collected the dolls for the solar gun in a different run through, although do they still show up during every new play through? Or does its lack of appearance mean I accidentally killed a Frog?
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #2374 on: January 18, 2010, 10:26:38 AM

What is it with MMOs?

They're designed to take most of your time?
WayAbvPar

Reply #2375 on: January 18, 2010, 03:19:53 PM

And all of your soul.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2376 on: January 18, 2010, 04:14:08 PM

Finished Majesty 2.  Pretty fucking satisfying bringing that last guy down.

Still playing Brutal Legend on and off.  Learned the other night that you can ride the laser cats.  Fuck a car.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #2377 on: January 18, 2010, 04:45:28 PM

In Majesty 2 I'm stymied at the 'collect 35k gold in 35 days' quest.  I've blown through the game without a challenge up to this point.  

First game I tried building rangers/clerics/warriors and letting them go to town, but by day 30 I'm getting massive elementals trashing my keep.  I seem to spend too much trying to keep the little rogues from trashing my peasants.  Elementals also seem to trash my towers that guard my peasants houses.  Lost my keep at day 33 but only had maybe 10k gold.

Next I tried just building a Hero keep and bringing in a 20+ warrior/cleric/ranger combo, but they're just spread too thin.  Then I had too many creatures attacking me and lost my keep on day 34 with only 5k gold.

I'm guessing early market investment and exploring for trading hubs is key to this one, but I can't seem to get that stuff ramped up fast enough.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2378 on: January 18, 2010, 04:50:09 PM

Come over to the Majesty 2 thread.  We'll talk.   why so serious?

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2379 on: January 18, 2010, 05:52:04 PM

A mix of too much LotRO on PC, some Prototype and some Saboteur on 360.

swamp poop

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: