Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:39:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 27 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231581 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2030 on: November 16, 2009, 01:49:30 PM

Atelier Annie
How is this, aside from it being for girls and not either of us?

It's pretty kawaii, but being a DS title I think this is expected.  Bonus: talky-talky is skippable.  Unfortunately I haven't yet returned from my first gathering trip to give a good report on the alchemy game, and the resort-management part hasn't even started.  There is the expected time limit, which I hate, and here it is even worse since time passes while you are gathering and fighting.  I have what may be a good amount of time to make/gather all the shit I am supposed to, but I still don't like watching the days tick by as I gather roots and shit.  I'll know more later.

Started up Little King's Story, this might have been a horrible, horrible, soul eating mistake.

Hey, wait until I have already bought it before telling me how bad it is.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #2031 on: November 16, 2009, 02:15:58 PM

Hey, wait until I have already bought it before telling me how bad it is.

Just add it to the list of stuff you already don't have time for, like I'm having to do with Atelier Annie.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #2032 on: November 16, 2009, 05:06:53 PM

Still almost all Dragons Age although I've gotten some time in with Forza 3 lately. It's very good but there's something about it that makes it feel clinical and soul-less. Not sure what it is - the actual racing is really good (aside from the sound which I find a bit anemic) but the overall experience just feels really sterile. Still I haven't put a lot of time in and the gameplay is enjoyable so we'll see.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #2033 on: November 17, 2009, 06:19:08 AM

Still almost all Dragons Age although I've gotten some time in with Forza 3 lately. It's very good but there's something about it that makes it feel clinical and soul-less. Not sure what it is - the actual racing is really good (aside from the sound which I find a bit anemic) but the overall experience just feels really sterile. Still I haven't put a lot of time in and the gameplay is enjoyable so we'll see.

Been putting more time in with FM3 as well, and most of it has been in the paint editor.  It's gotten to where I only race to get new cars to paint.  :P

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2034 on: November 17, 2009, 05:43:38 PM

Fuel.  Now that PSN is online again, you can see my new early-game trophies.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Le0
Terracotta Army

Reply #2035 on: November 18, 2009, 12:30:16 AM

Letting DS on the side for a moment, I think I'm not hardcore enough for this game :(

I must be close to the end of Uncharted 1, then will have to do Uncharted 2, MGS4 still and Burnout Paradise for kicks.
Also Dragon Age and Torchlight are still on my list.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #2036 on: November 19, 2009, 06:56:34 AM

Using Dragon Age as my Procrastination de jour.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2037 on: November 19, 2009, 07:44:21 AM

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time.  There are some small quality issues that quite frankly surprise the shit out of me.  Insomniac has always delivered a rock-solid product unless I somehow slipped on some rose-colored glasses.  The game is still fantastic, though, delivering on my hope that the Future series would add more gameplay elements as the revisions came out.  I am particularly happy about the space map.  Only completed the second area and first boss so far.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2038 on: November 20, 2009, 05:20:46 AM

R&C... man, time manipulation makes my head hurt, but in a good way, like "these puzzles are not the same old shit and yet are not too Professor-Laytony".  Solving puzzles by making recordings of yourself doing things, this requires some new thinking.  Haven't had any quality issues since the first couple, either, which is a plus.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #2039 on: November 20, 2009, 12:23:23 PM

Most of the issues I've run into are the game for some reason recognizing me as having the next checkpoint when I die like a retard right before it.  This has happened more times than I can keep track of now, and honestly, I'm not going to complain about that.  Repeated deaths by falling suck.

The Clank puzzles actually don't bother me so much this time around.  They've finally got the pacing down as far as I've concerned, so I'm not feeling stuck in a disconnected segment for far too long.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2040 on: November 20, 2009, 01:20:28 PM

For The Glory has crept in for laptop time, distracting me slightly from obsessing over DA.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2041 on: November 20, 2009, 07:39:01 PM

In the last week, almost nothing.  swamp poop

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2042 on: November 20, 2009, 08:07:23 PM

postcount++

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #2043 on: November 21, 2009, 01:18:11 AM

LotRO and Sims 3: World Adventures. Both games are still fun, but I'm not convinced by World Adventures yet. We'll see.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2044 on: November 21, 2009, 03:54:16 AM

In addition to the eternal DA, I've been dabbling with Overlord. It really is a pretty game, and Overlord 2 is just ridiculously good looking on the PC. Gameplay can be described on as "lulz" though.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #2045 on: November 21, 2009, 04:09:54 AM

I tried Sims 3 and enjoyed it for a few days but it just wasn't different enough from Sims 2. Plus I missed all the things you could do in Sims 2 that you can't do in Sims 3. But how will they ever put all the stuff Sims 2 had into Sims 3 without just re-releasing the Sims 2 expansions?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2046 on: November 21, 2009, 06:02:36 AM

Would the Sims playerbase not buy them if they were just updated Sims 2 expansions?

why so serious?

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #2047 on: November 21, 2009, 06:19:51 AM

Dragon Age and Borderlands depending on my mood, Unchartered 2 on the rare occasion I find the time (and can get to the PS3).
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #2048 on: November 21, 2009, 06:43:24 AM

I tried Sims 3 and enjoyed it for a few days but it just wasn't different enough from Sims 2. Plus I missed all the things you could do in Sims 2 that you can't do in Sims 3. But how will they ever put all the stuff Sims 2 had into Sims 3 without just re-releasing the Sims 2 expansions?
I never played too much Sims 2, so since I never really burned out on that, I'm finding TS3 to be a solid improvement in most ways. But to answer your question, they probably can't. There are only so many things that make sense to have in Sims and between the two previous titles, they've all kind of been done. TS3 is just a new, more modern foundation for essentially the same game, which will get expanded in essentially the same ways. Then again, that's something that is hardly unique to the Sims franchise. smiley People have been buying slightly updated versions of Super Mario, Zelda and Wolfenstein for twenty years.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2049 on: November 21, 2009, 07:09:02 PM

Friends came over yesterday. They'd just gotten an xbox. I started to show them a few games, "starting" with Borderlands. Let them play it splitscreen a bit to get the hang of it. They enjoyed it a lot and kept playing for awhile.
They left at 3:30am.
 swamp poop

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2050 on: November 22, 2009, 10:45:19 PM

Crysis, just to see how the new rig performs. It only runs on High Setting, which is unsettling for a two year old game. I need that 5850!
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #2051 on: November 23, 2009, 06:01:22 AM

Friends came over yesterday. They'd just gotten an xbox. I started to show them a few games, "starting" with Borderlands. Let them play it splitscreen a bit to get the hang of it. They enjoyed it a lot and kept playing for awhile.
They left at 3:30am.
 swamp poop
lol. For my brother's birthday a month back, we drug our Xbox over to my parent's and hooked it up so he could play Beatles: Rock Band. (He is, has, and always will be a giant Beatles fan).

My mother came home around 9:15, watched briefly, got convinced to sing "just one song" (her normal "i'm going to bed' time is around 9:00 PM). Around midnight she finally staggered off to go to bed. We couldn't even make a playlist -- it was always "Just one more song!").
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2052 on: November 25, 2009, 09:08:21 AM

Ratchet & Clank: Crack in Time
Fuel

Little time for gaming.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #2053 on: November 25, 2009, 09:22:59 AM

Oddly enough, I started playing AoC a little bit for something to do during down time at work and I am actually liking it.  Not sure how long I'll stick it out, but for now it's working for me.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2054 on: November 25, 2009, 09:34:34 AM

I've been only playing WoW lately.  I can't seem to stay interested in anything.  I haven't even touched Torchlight for ages.  Maybe it's time to resub to something.  I just can't figure out what.

Also - I wish I had a giant brother. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2055 on: November 25, 2009, 01:00:54 PM

Friends are still frothing about LotRO, I've kinda lost interest for the time being. They want to play it more like WoW, while I want to play it more like something we play for a session here and there on the weekend.

Played a few hours of Lego: RB last night. More of the same, but still fun. Also, Iggy Pop.

Vision
Terracotta Army

Reply #2056 on: November 27, 2009, 11:36:56 PM

I'm slowly giving myself heart disease from stressing over Demon's Souls.
The worst part is I've only downed 1 Demon  swamp poop
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2057 on: November 28, 2009, 11:12:19 AM

Not enough time for games usually. undecided

Pretty much just Dragon Age and NHL 10. I've been eying L4D2, but....I just don't know if I would have the time to justify the purchase.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #2058 on: November 29, 2009, 06:13:44 AM

Beat Metroid Prime 1. Will probably wait a while before starting MP2.

1 was great, they did a fabulous job of capturing the overall feel of the Metroid series. Also the music in the Prime Trilogy menu screens (not sure if it appears in any game) isawesome, a sort of spacey otherworldly Doctor Who-esque number,

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2059 on: November 29, 2009, 08:23:36 AM

Playing a lot of Fallen Earth and it really is the best MMO out there right now. I don't know why I bothered with that Aion POS back in October.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2060 on: November 29, 2009, 08:31:05 AM

I can't seem to stay interested in anything.  Maybe it's time to resub to something.  I just can't figure out what.

That's exactly how I feel at the moment.  Friends are trying to get me back in WoW, but I have no interest.  Thought about CoH, but know I'll be bored in a day.  Maybe I should give LotRO a fourth go?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2061 on: November 29, 2009, 09:11:23 AM

I don't know, Nebu.  I play WoW solo, mostly wandering around doing the odd quest and a lot of crafting/gathering and making tons of money playing auction house.  WoW has the best auction house!  Righ still plays, too, though not as often as he used to.  I ALMOST resubbed to CoH, too, because of all the events, (I love events)  but I know it would last a couple of days at best.  I've done it with that game too many times to count.  Same with LOTRO - it's got a lot of what I want but for some reason, it doesn't motivate me at all.  It's pleasant enough when I'm playing, but once I log out, I never feel like logging back in.

I made a horrible pink fleshy looking thingy in Matt Mihaly's new game, but haven't played.  I'm afraid it could suck what little gaming life is left right out of me.  I'm waiting for Xanthippe's opinion.  I keep thinking of EQ2, LOTRO, and the rest and there's just no excitement or even a mental nudge.  Fallen Earth, CO and Aion did nothing at all for me in their betas.  FE was less crappy but I hated it's combat.  

Maybe I'll read up on the LOTRO expansion.  Who knows?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 09:14:28 AM by Signe »

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2062 on: November 29, 2009, 09:17:38 AM

Maybe EQ2 is the best option.  When I get bored, I usually start in the lowest zone and do nothing but collection quests, gathering, and crafting.  When I tire of that, I look for odd bits of clothing for my appearance tab or decide to redecorate my house.  I guess that stuff could keep me entertained for a week or two.  The combat is just so painfully slow...

LotRO is a nice looking game, but the amount of delivery quests in the pre-30 game usually makes me leave.  That and the fact that all of the cool stuff is for groups and I generally avoid people I don't know. 

I guess I could polish up my macros and wait for the next telling of Atitd.  That usually entertains me for a week. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #2063 on: November 29, 2009, 10:09:21 AM

I'm halfway through my second play through of DA.  Still loads of fun.  Probably going to get Mirkwood but I really need to kick the MMO habit.  Still on the fence regarding Borderlands, heard solo isn't as good as MP.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2064 on: November 29, 2009, 11:08:01 AM

That and the fact that all of the cool stuff is for groups and I generally avoid people I don't know. 

Just a note, there will be a soloable Weathertop after Tuesday.  Supposedly Garth Agarwen is going to be easier, too.  Small change compared to the total volume of quests, yes, but there you go.

Let's see... the wife has taken up Dragon Age.  I am playing some as well, and some Fuel, and Torchlight, and R&C.

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: