Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:26:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2254527 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #6930 on: March 21, 2013, 03:23:03 PM

Playing Dead Space 3 courtesy of Simcity fuckup. I know it gets worse, but having just gotten to the spaceship graveyard, the game is pretty awesome. The tone and atmosphere is what Mass Effect 3 should've been.

wat

-Rasix
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #6931 on: March 21, 2013, 03:38:02 PM

I thought the portrayal of Reaper invasion of the galaxy was the weakest thing in ME3. Utterly unconvincing. I was bummed out way before the end.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #6932 on: March 21, 2013, 03:40:16 PM

Dark Souls just went on steam sale for $20.
What was the final verdict on that game anyway? As good as Demon's? I've been playing it but the Bell Gargoyle fight is starting to make me feel silly. Are the classes balanced? I expect I just still suck.

I found that classes don't mean much other than what your starting stats are going to be and whether you get the Master Key for free or not. It's funny how many people I talk to that have played it and how much they struggle with different parts. For me, the Bell Gargoyle was a fight I won on the second try. I died repeatedly to most of the mini bosses and I never want to mention the Capra Demon again.

I love 'Dark Souls' but be warned, if you get it for PC you need to get DSFIX and if you aren't going to use a controller (use a controller) you need the DS Mousefix

But seriously, just use a controller.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Rasix

Reply #6933 on: March 21, 2013, 03:43:29 PM

I thought the portrayal of Reaper invasion of the galaxy was the weakest thing in ME3. Utterly unconvincing. I was bummed out way before the end.

Not knowing really much about Dead Space 3 other than I assume it has necromorphs, you're still confusing the shit out of me.

-Rasix
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #6934 on: March 21, 2013, 04:01:53 PM

Not knowing really much about Dead Space 3 other than I assume it has necromorphs, you're still confusing the shit out of me.

DS3 is not at all like its predecessors. So far it's best described as apocalyptic scifi action.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6935 on: March 22, 2013, 08:24:13 AM

About Dark Souls, they aren't classes so much as starting gear and stat packs.  I started pyro so that I could get the Black Knight Sword in Undead Burg, but at SL79 I am mostly Str/End and wearing heavy armor/greatshield/Black Knight Sword.  I just use pyro for cases where the sword isn't optimal, such as invasion and certain jerkface enemies.  I could have spent levels on Int for sorcery if I had wanted to, or bumped Dex (more) if I wanted to use something silly like a Painting Guardian Sword.

I have considered going back to Demon's in order to determine if I like it more or less, but I really couldn't remember where I was or how to play my sorcerer/scimitar girl, so I'll save that for later.  So, not sure.  I think I like the Demon's UI better.  Also, the prison area is terrific, haven't found anyplace like it in Dark.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Rasix

Reply #6936 on: March 22, 2013, 09:57:00 AM

My DF attempts with evil surroundings have been meeting early endings.  This is new to me, I'm usually pretty decent at surviving. 

This latest one went south when Trippy died and turned into a zombie after dealing with a flock of undead ravens and eagles (which I've read reanimate unless you butcher them  Facepalm ).  Trippy then proceeded to terrorize the entire camp.  I had Yoru attempt to pacify him, but he got turned into a zombie as well.  Then both of them killed me.  Jerks.

New fortress time.   awesome, for real

Still playing Xenoblade.  I have no idea why I'm trying to 100% every area I visit.  It's a bit OCDish.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6937 on: March 22, 2013, 10:45:11 AM

Aaaand back to minecraft.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #6938 on: March 22, 2013, 12:31:54 PM

This latest one went south when Trippy died and turned into a zombie after dealing with a flock of undead ravens and eagles (which I've read reanimate unless you butcher them  Facepalm ).  Trippy then proceeded to terrorize the entire camp.  I had Yoru attempt to pacify him, but he got turned into a zombie as well.  Then both of them killed me.  Jerks.

Wear a gorget next time.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #6939 on: March 22, 2013, 12:37:06 PM

My DF attempts with evil surroundings have been meeting early endings.  This is new to me, I'm usually pretty decent at surviving. 

New fortress time.   awesome, for real
Go me! awesome, for real
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #6940 on: March 22, 2013, 12:57:40 PM

Wear a gorget next time.

AHHH UO BLACKSMITHING FLASHBACKS AHHHHHHH!
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #6941 on: March 23, 2013, 03:32:07 PM

Oh boy, the suck started on DS3. If you play on hard, the difficulty is based on using microtransactions. If you don't shell out some $$$ you'll be stuck with only one viable weapon because you don't get enough crafting mats.

edit: also, gun barrels have a habit of clipping through enemies, which naturally means you miss.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 03:34:31 PM by jakonovski »
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #6942 on: March 23, 2013, 04:35:13 PM

DS3's crafting mats are just silly in the sense that you never have enough in the early game, followed by having way too many about halfway through. Same thing with ammo. First bit you're struggling and cursing every miss. Second bit you've gone full rambo.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6943 on: March 24, 2013, 12:41:19 AM

Picked up Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the 3DS; unfortunately it's pretty shitty to play on the 3DS XL. You can only control the camera via touch-screen (or re-center it on your character with the L button) so I had to get my original 3DS back out for the Circle Pad. Other than that, it's a fantastic game; my only other complaint is that I wish I knew which items were safe to vendor.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #6944 on: March 24, 2013, 04:47:40 AM

I am thinking of picking up Walking Dead on steam (not the new one called Survival Instinct, which supposedly is terrible).  I just got up to speed watching the TV show, which I fucking love, I really, really need to go slaughter some undeads.  Is there any compelling reason I should not buy this game?  And while I'm at it, any reason to pick it up on 360 or Ps3 instead?

More importantly, if I do buy it for the 25 Euro or whatever, can I safely assume that it includes all 5 episodes?  It seems rather unclear.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #6945 on: March 24, 2013, 05:08:56 AM

I am thinking of picking up Walking Dead on steam (not the new one called Survival Instinct, which supposedly is terrible).  I just got up to speed watching the TV show, which I fucking love, I really, really need to go slaughter some undeads.  Is there any compelling reason I should not buy this game?  And while I'm at it, any reason to pick it up on 360 or Ps3 instead?

More importantly, if I do buy it for the 25 Euro or whatever, can I safely assume that it includes all 5 episodes?  It seems rather unclear.

If you enjoyed the Walking Dead series, you owe it to yourself to get the Telltale game.  I came about this close to crying at certain points.  Well done game.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #6946 on: March 24, 2013, 05:28:56 AM

It does include all 5 episodes, yes. As for slaughtering zombies, I wouldn't expect too much of that in this game, as it's more an adventure game.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #6947 on: March 24, 2013, 05:33:48 AM

Thanks for the info.  I didn't mean slaughter zombies in the Dead Rising sense.  I am aware that this isn't that sort of game.

I think I will go for the PC edition via Steam.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #6948 on: March 24, 2013, 07:56:32 AM

If you like the TV show, be careful, because after playing the game you may not be able to go back to it.  I only watch the show for comedy at this point.

But yes, the game is just that good, as long as you are ok with it being pretty light on the 'game' aspect of game.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #6949 on: March 24, 2013, 10:33:08 AM

Just finished the main campaign of Sleeping Dogs, clocking in at 27 hours. GOTY 2012 as far as I'm concerned. Next up is the DLC, which will probably take about 10 more hours. So much value for money!

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #6950 on: March 24, 2013, 12:32:14 PM

Sleeping Dogs legit surprised me with how great it was.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #6951 on: March 24, 2013, 12:39:45 PM

Picked up Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the 3DS; unfortunately it's pretty shitty to play on the 3DS XL. You can only control the camera via touch-screen (or re-center it on your character with the L button) so I had to get my original 3DS back out for the Circle Pad. Other than that, it's a fantastic game; my only other complaint is that I wish I knew which items were safe to vendor.
Nintendo of America are a bunch of fucking imbeciles for not releasing the Circle Pad Pro in the US but you can get the Japanese LL version which works fine with the XL (it even says LL/XL on the packaging).
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #6952 on: March 24, 2013, 12:46:39 PM

Just picked up Luigi's Mansion and my kid stole it away.  She's been up there for 90 minutes without a sound, so I'm guessing it's good.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #6953 on: March 24, 2013, 02:02:54 PM

Continued my DS3 misadventures. Entered a section with bad armament, wound up erasing almost an hour of gameplay trying to find an earlier save point. There's a weird "load latest uninterrupted part" option, which loads up a random part of the game and then the autosave overwrites your progress. Clownshoes.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #6954 on: March 24, 2013, 02:58:23 PM

Nice!  Registered Luigi's Mansion at CN and got a free download of the newest Professor Layton for free.  I also could have picked from Starfox and the Super Mario Land 3d, but the Layton game will be a good fit too.  Especially for free.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #6955 on: March 24, 2013, 04:10:43 PM

Picked up Baldur's Gate Special Edition for $10 since it was on sale, started remembering why I liked BG2 a lot better: fresh characters in D&D 2.0 are balls.

Me and Imogen got slaughtered by a single dire wolf. Ohhhhh, I see.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #6956 on: March 24, 2013, 04:53:13 PM

Oh yeah. :) Starting of in BG's is....well, not gonna call it "fun". It's ball kicky for sure.

Of course, if you're a ranger, and you get a ranger, and you equip Whiny McBitchface with a bow, and your mages have slings....it's like "shoot, dead, shoot, dead, shoot dead" for a good chunk of the game.

Two rangers and two slingers shooting at those dog-faced things? The sword guys never even get a chance to get close.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #6957 on: March 24, 2013, 04:59:42 PM

I've started playing a single player mod for Mount and Blade Warband called Light and Darkness. It's very good. The guy did a story, quests, cutscenes, music, added some gambling games, put in some nice HUD stuff, etc.

Also as a plus he's had to convert the whole thing from an asian language format, so the Engrish has its moments of unintentional comedy in the actual storyline.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #6958 on: March 24, 2013, 08:40:12 PM

I created an account for M:TGO and picked up a couple boosters.  I'm horribly out of date with the changes (I quit way back when Urza's Saga was released (98-99 ish?) so there's all kinds of shit I need to learn.  It's pretty spiffy and nostalgic, even though I only lose! 

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #6959 on: March 24, 2013, 08:49:57 PM

Enjoying my CK2 campaign so far.
Khans arrived as I finished tidying up Jerusalem.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #6960 on: March 24, 2013, 09:37:25 PM

Enjoying my CK2 campaign so far.
Khans arrived as I finished tidying up Jerusalem.

Blood Bowl, MWO, TSW
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #6961 on: March 25, 2013, 01:57:34 AM

I knew being a lunatic is worth it.  awesome, for real

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #6962 on: March 25, 2013, 06:05:21 AM

Blood Bowl and Persona 4 Golden.

This is my first time playing Persona 4, and it's absolutely fantastic.  I'm a little sad I waited so long, but then again, the Vita seems to be the definitive version.  I don't see myself playing anything else for quite a while.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6963 on: March 25, 2013, 06:14:22 AM

Started Risen.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6964 on: March 25, 2013, 12:05:56 PM

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: