Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:25:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2254306 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #6755 on: February 18, 2013, 04:28:20 AM

Mass Effect 3's multiplayer has consumed me the past few days, I don't even know why.

God Save the Horn Players
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #6756 on: February 18, 2013, 09:12:31 AM

My computer keeps breaking down, so I'm going through my PS3 backlog. Currently I'm playing Black Ops 2 and Resident Evil Code Veronica HD. One of them is a great game and the other sings praises of fascism while having a voyeuristic penchant for gore.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #6757 on: February 20, 2013, 09:49:24 AM

Still playing way too much Path of Exile.

Hardcore (on my 7th character).  Haven't even pushed past the first difficulty.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #6758 on: February 20, 2013, 10:30:56 AM

Skyrim. I'm still on my first (non-DLC) playthrough, and have just reached the 175 hours mark...

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #6759 on: February 20, 2013, 03:21:32 PM

I'm playing Batman Asylum.

I'm not a comic book guy at all, but I do find the Joker fantastic. The game itself is marginal so far in the first hour and change, but it's not a bad romp.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #6760 on: February 20, 2013, 03:30:59 PM

just bought new Xcom thanks to another forum discount poster
XCOM Enemy Unknown is 60% off over at Greenman Gaming + 20% off with the GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS code.

That brings it down to about 16$. And it's a steam key.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #6761 on: February 20, 2013, 04:21:54 PM

....probably the newest Deus Ex though.

$5 Midweek madness, and it was a good game so give it a go imo.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #6762 on: February 20, 2013, 04:56:50 PM

And bought for 5 bucks. Thanks for pointing it out!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6763 on: February 21, 2013, 08:23:19 AM

just bought new Xcom thanks to another forum discount poster
XCOM Enemy Unknown is 60% off over at Greenman Gaming + 20% off with the GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS code.

That brings it down to about 16$. And it's a steam key.

This is great, since I don't take the time to locate and monitor all of the disparate threads on service discounts.  $16 vs $60 helped me choose PC over 360.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #6764 on: February 22, 2013, 08:38:09 PM

eh, it's a bad remake IMO. A lot of people praise it, but the simplified movement system makes it pretty repetitive.
I'm glad I got a discount, I would've been pretty angry if I paid for this at full price.

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #6765 on: February 22, 2013, 10:09:53 PM

I still really enjoyed it. It's far from perfect, but I think it's still really fun. Xenonauts is still nowhere to be seen, so I'll take what I can get.

Besides, XCOM's shown there's still a market for turn-based squad-level shooters, which publishers left for dead more than a decade ago.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6766 on: February 22, 2013, 10:27:06 PM

XCOM is great, its biggest weakness is the underdeveloped strategic layer. Then again, I expected it to be more Silent Storm 3 instead of XCOM 3 / Jagged Alliance 3, so yeah.

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #6767 on: February 22, 2013, 10:45:02 PM

Well we'd need a Silent Storm 2 first.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6768 on: February 22, 2013, 10:47:17 PM

Silent Storm: Sentinels or Hammer&Sickle... I think the two of them combined are enough to count as a sequel.  awesome, for real

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #6769 on: February 23, 2013, 03:37:16 PM

Blops 2 became too painful to play, so I'm ditching it (good thing I only borrowed it from the library) and starting either Catherine or Infamous 2.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #6770 on: February 23, 2013, 07:24:24 PM

XCOM is great, its biggest weakness is the underdeveloped strategic layer. Then again, I expected it to be more Silent Storm 3 instead of XCOM 3 / Jagged Alliance 3, so yeah.

by strategic do you mean the base research n stuff or the gameplay itself? Cause I cannot possibly enjoy the 6 squad cap they enforced here, the overwatch system is flawed as hell - and most fights are just gonna end up being a camp-fest due to your small squad size. And let's not even talk about the choice of extra gear - do you want underlayer armor - grenade - scope - medkit - or stun gun. WHY DO I HAVE TO PICK ONE? It's a big step backward.

I really want a mod that expand max squad size to 8 at least and expanded inventory. A lot of the design decisions are just baffling.
And hiring full VA for head of research and engineering is a pitiful attempt to forcefed narrative into the game.

It's not good enough for a 2nd playthrough, I can tell. I'm already quite bored by the tedious squad play and 5-10 second cutscenes peppered around the game.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #6771 on: February 24, 2013, 05:09:18 PM

I have been angrily playing Mass Effect 3's mutiplayer (still have not finished the story, but whatever) and am irritated that this weeks' challenge involves inferno grenades. I don't HAVE any unlocked MP characters with the damn things, and I am an achievement/challenge junky for shit like this. (Admittedly, I put achievements and challenges into two categories: Those I can get without excessive cursing and poopsock behavior, and those that require poopsocks and screaming obscenities. I only go for the ones that are, you know, fun. Not dick punchy).

I cannot for the life of me unlock either of the two guys with inferno grenades. It is...vexing. I did manage to unlock a Krogan Adept, which I used to just hit things really, really hard. There might have been biotics in there too.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #6772 on: February 24, 2013, 05:48:56 PM

Still love the new Turian classes more than anything else.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #6773 on: February 24, 2013, 07:28:47 PM

I know my Turian Sentinel should not be running with an assault rifle and a sniper rifle, but fuck that. Turians have sniper rifles. :) Also, I'm very found of killing things from very, very, very far from danger.

I pretty much hate all special units in MP, though. Especially once you hit silver, and they come out in packs, and the people you randomly hook up with tend to be all over the damn map which means you better hope you have missiles, because a banshee and a brute are running at you....

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #6774 on: February 24, 2013, 07:31:55 PM

I've been largely playing Bloons TD 5.  Some Puzzle Craft as well.

Some Borderlands 2, got a Zer0 to 50, and killed the Warrior again in TVHM.  I've been farming for weapons, but that is going very poorly.  I may not have the patience to continue playing.

I installed DX:HR, hope to give another go at playing through that.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #6775 on: February 24, 2013, 08:20:51 PM

I know my Turian Sentinel should not be running with an assault rifle and a sniper rifle, but fuck that. Turians have sniper rifles. :) Also, I'm very found of killing things from very, very, very far from danger.

I pretty much hate all special units in MP, though. Especially once you hit silver, and they come out in packs, and the people you randomly hook up with tend to be all over the damn map which means you better hope you have missiles, because a banshee and a brute are running at you....

The havoc jumpjet is too much fun, and the stimpack is cheap as fuck with Warfighter gear (+12% Assault Rifle Damage & +2 Stimpack Cap)
I usually swap between Prothean Particle Rifle or hard hitting rifles.

Whatever you do, just stay away from the Collector Sniper Rifle.
Completely shit.

schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #6776 on: February 24, 2013, 10:01:53 PM

Sleeping Dogs isn't terrible, but I compare everything to San Andreas which isn't fair.  There seems to be a bug in the game where everyone drives on the wrong side of the road.  Also, playing it makes me want Just Cause 3 to be here.
Yes.

I'm up to about a 75% chance of getting in the correct side of a car now. But 100% not doing anything on a goddamned motorcycle or 'complete stop on each lightpole until you fly off the bike and lose the race the first time you hit a car'. Luckily, I'm not an achievement whore.

And yes.

Sleeping Dogs was the first sandbox that I actually played through to completion in maybe 2+ years and I'd like to think part of the reason was that I could drive ON THE CORRECT SIDE OF THE ROAD!

Also the martial arts was kinda cool and story kept me going even though it was telegraphed as hell.  not too much side questing but just enough to not feel on rails.

*Should be working*
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #6777 on: February 24, 2013, 10:13:49 PM

Oh sorry I forgot to post what I'm playing!! - Civ5.  And more Civ5; with a dash of Civ5.  After reading the Crusader Kings II thread I think I've found the top priority on my easter list...  smiley sad smiley

Sangfroid is kinda cool.  Like Orcs must Die, but battles are less spammy, traps are 'consumable' rather than 'what combo can i get this time?' and the whole Canadian Werewolf thing is really charming. 

instead of your generic tower defence 'put traps here and here because this will maximise their *insert attribute here*', its about timing where the waves are coming from, keeping the big werewolves off you so you can deal with teh smaller wolves and protect your multiple objectives simultaneously. 

there's a funny little aggro mechanic which makes quasi-sense but gives you time between fighting; or else you'd just become a crazed Canadian axe-lumberjack.  Kind of like Witcher, if you just run into a fight without preparation you'll get chopped, you need to have the right traps (oils), potions (potions) and a couple of decoys (bombs/other witcher related shit) to keep you alive and the wolves off your back.

*Should be working*
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6778 on: February 24, 2013, 11:07:20 PM

I think I'm done with Fire Emblem. I made it to the bit where I can unlock everyone's children and spent a lot of time grinding parents, in order to breed the perfect kids; now that that's done I think I'm going to put it down for a while. This way when I pick it back up I'll have a whole party of low level badasses ready to clear the rest of the story with.

Finally got my Metal Gear Rising and started that up. It's a pretty good hack and slash, but suffers from the standard MG-too-many-cutscenes problem. I hear its pretty short so hopefully I can finish it tomorrow since I've the day off with no plans.

Also maxed on the Etrian Odyssey 4 demo, and killed two of the three FOEs: the Baboon in the tutorial dungeon drops materials to make some nice gloves, while the Bear in 1F of the real dungeon drops mats for a LS-only Sword (which was lame since I don't run an LS). The Kangaroos still one-shot people at level 10, so those can live another day. Cannot wait for the real game to drop on Tuesday.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #6779 on: February 24, 2013, 11:15:46 PM

Finished Witcher 2.  Iorveth's path.  Don't think I'll do a second run, Roche doesn't really appeal to me nor does siding with Henselt.  I wanted a bit more out of it, which I suppose says something in its favor.  Long chapter 1, long chapter 2, and.. eensty weentsy chapter 3.

If they could smooth out the difficulty in chapter 1 a bit, the experience would be a lot better.  Not much you can do with the controls, but the overall experience could be improved a lot.  

Now to pick something new to waste my time on.  LoL is giving me a fucking aneurysm.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 11:19:52 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #6780 on: February 24, 2013, 11:23:26 PM

Strange, I like Roche's better. Especially when you consider the ending and how it concerned the kingdom he served.

Rasix

Reply #6781 on: February 24, 2013, 11:31:49 PM

Well, I have no idea how his ending went.  I just didn't particularly like Roche, and from chapter 2, I didn't care for Henselt.  Everything/everyone's a bit boned in the end anyhow.

Plus, longish game (35 hours, a lot of that running). I suppose I could trim that down to around 20-25.  I don't think I have time for another go with other things dangling in the wind.  Anyhow, I'd likely pick this outcome for a save import into 3.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 11:33:21 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #6782 on: February 24, 2013, 11:42:05 PM

The fact that Roche saved me from being hanged early on made me realize it's probably best to stick with Temeria's spymaster instead of the elven guerrilla.
It just didn't make sense to throw all those connections away to join up with another cause so soon.

And Henselt...heh. He had it coming.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #6783 on: February 25, 2013, 07:00:45 AM

Roche was the only choice for me. Because fuck elves.

Srsly.

Rasix

Reply #6784 on: February 25, 2013, 07:16:20 AM

Hey, I'm usually number 1 on the hate elves list, I just thought initially I should give Iorveth a chance to defend himself.  Then, I kind of ran with them.  I could identify with them and somewhat sympathize with the non-human plight.   Well, except for the whole King murdering business.  That seemed unnecessary, but as you see later, probably a bit out of his hands.

The stuff in Vergen was pretty neat.  Saskia's rad.

Besides, Roche isn't too butt hurt over it later. 

Still wish they had somewhat of a neutral option like the first.  Geralt didn't choose sides and got rewarded with a threesome.  Oh, I hope Triss doesn't ask me about the women.  There were a lot of them.  awesome, for real

Anyhow, off to something else.  Xenoblade perhaps or something off the Steam backlog.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #6785 on: February 25, 2013, 07:26:21 AM

Triss seems like the kind of chick that understands what you are, and that you're a walking hardon when you're on the road.

Sort of like an NFL wife.

Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #6786 on: February 25, 2013, 08:18:39 AM

I ended up burning much of the weekend on Minecraft with the Feed The Beast / MindCrack patchset (http://feed-the-beast.com/) including computers/turtles(robots) scriptable in Lua (http://www.computercraft.info/) which is a lot more interesting (to my mind) than redstone in that you're fiddling more with scripting than trying to assemble logic out of block-sized wires and diodes. 

Some of the mods are pretty neat but the giant collection of many large mods is a bit overwhelming.  Still was fun times to explore this with 4-5 friends on a test server.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6787 on: February 25, 2013, 08:51:48 AM

Still Rocksmithing it out, with a bit of Sleeping Dawgs on the side.

Pretty much understanding the Rocksmith tab in real time finally, but the fretboard sliding back and forth keeps throwing off my reference points and the game REALLY needs to put numbers on the note blocks. Because then it would be pretty close to perfect and I could just sight read everything cold and play it.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #6788 on: February 25, 2013, 09:23:57 AM

I'm playing Demons v. Fairyland. It's a nice twist on a tower defense with better economic tradeoffs.

MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #6789 on: February 25, 2013, 11:46:18 AM

Some Forza 4 and Horizon.  Aside from that, playing the waiting game for new PC parts.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: