Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:19:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? Rendakor and 25 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231463 times)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6545 on: January 14, 2013, 12:17:11 PM

Okay then.  You're totally done with whores.  Totally.  Yep.

Ohhhhh, I see.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #6546 on: January 14, 2013, 12:28:41 PM

HINT: Nope.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6547 on: January 14, 2013, 01:01:23 PM

Whore. Whore never changes...
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #6548 on: January 14, 2013, 01:13:26 PM

Whore always charges tho.

HIYO!  Facepalm Rimshot

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #6549 on: January 14, 2013, 01:57:49 PM

I think Skyrim might be what I always wanted UO to be.  Well, after I was during ultra-murdering everyone.

I spent an hour last night crafting and fixing up my house.  For some reason, I've decided to dress the armor mannequins in matching sets and put important weapons in display cases.  No one will ever see this except me.  Ohhhhh, I see.

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6550 on: January 14, 2013, 02:01:19 PM

Yeah, I do the same thing. It's the only thing that stops me from bitching about how useless the specific special weapons are compared to crafted, actually; at least I can hang the fancy looking hammer on the wall still.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #6551 on: January 14, 2013, 02:18:56 PM

I've been trying to amass the most impressive library of books in my house. It's like horders SKYRIM.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #6552 on: January 14, 2013, 02:26:57 PM

You never know when you might need that twentieth copy of The Lusty Argonian Maid.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #6553 on: January 14, 2013, 03:40:24 PM

SWTOR was a great leveling experience and bore at level cap after the second tier of raids dropped. Eternity Vault was an exceedingly cool raid. Then everything after that was boring as hell.

Karagga's Palace was okay but that's only because we had people who were competent and smart for the puzzle boss. "Explosive Conflict" was fucking terrible and overtuned.

It sure as shit doesn't help that the game's only seen two new raids in over a year, not to mention that Nightmare Explosive Conflict is pretty thoroughly reviled.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #6554 on: January 15, 2013, 06:09:50 AM

SWTOR was a great leveling experience and bore at level cap after the second tier of raids dropped. Eternity Vault was an exceedingly cool raid. Then everything after that was boring as hell.

Karagga's Palace was okay but that's only because we had people who were competent and smart for the puzzle boss. "Explosive Conflict" was fucking terrible and overtuned.

It sure as shit doesn't help that the game's only seen two new raids in over a year, not to mention that Nightmare Explosive Conflict is pretty thoroughly reviled.
Explosive conflict was a boring raid that was almost entirely reused assets and the puzzle boss while kind of interesting just looked stupid...who makes a trench file directly into a mine field? At least the Pylons and the puzzle boss in Karagga's felt like they fit into the area.

The twin giant things or whatever were fucking ridiculous on hardmode. Unfun as hell. This is coming from someone who completed Nightmare Karagga's Palace regularly. The dual merc boss fight had a mechanic where they would randomly rail-gun people for damage that amounted to ~50-60% of the health of a heavy armor wearer (and this is in all Rakata gear at the time), so if they decided to target the same person unless they were a tank they were dead and there was nothing you could do about it. And yet despite this we completed it regularly.

Nothing past the content that was made for release felt like it had any passion or art to it, probably because everyone got fired. Eternity Vault was awesome looking beginning to end, Karagga's got a bit dull at the end but there was some variation like being dumped into the sarlac pit or fighting through his factory. Explosive Conflict was...not really all that explosive. You land on not-normandy to be greeted by a bunch of mobs that can one-shot people but decide to just kinda hang around up in the hills, then meander through narrow trenches to fight some tanks in a tiny box canyon, then the bizzare minefield, then you kill some random lizard dude who can turn purple. Yay I guess?

Bleh.

But whatever; Sleeping Dogs continues to be awesome outside of the Mario Kart unfair street races.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:55:21 AM by Fabricated »

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6555 on: January 15, 2013, 06:58:43 AM

I don't mind the street races too much in cars, but ye gods. I can't believe people drive motorcycles. Now, the crotch rocket was my favorite vehicle in GTA:VC, but there's just too much collidable stuff in open worlds since then. I've probably failed repeatedly everything involving a motorcycle because lolgarbagebin or bus stop or whatever. Hit one and game over, usually. That's just not fun for me.

So I avoid motorcycles and the game is awesome. Just unlocked the second apartment last night (because I'm on my second forced hiatus from Rocksmith...need to get my wrist back in shape).
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #6556 on: January 15, 2013, 07:11:55 AM

The Mario Kart style rubberbanding is annoying. If I'm smoking the racers, let me fucking smoke them and win handily. Don't do this shit where I ram them into a pile of parked cars and see them disappear from view, then when I hit a parking meter and lose 1mph have all the other cars magically blast past me at 2000 miles per hour.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #6557 on: January 15, 2013, 07:53:32 AM

Dishonored try to pull my emotions.

But corvo's muted response killed it for me.

:(

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6558 on: January 15, 2013, 08:23:22 AM

The Mario Kart style rubberbanding is annoying. If I'm smoking the racers, let me fucking smoke them and win handily. Don't do this shit where I ram them into a pile of parked cars and see them disappear from view, then when I hit a parking meter and lose 1mph have all the other cars magically blast past me at 2000 miles per hour.
Ah. Yep. And with my crap motorcycle skills, it doesn't seem to work in reverse. The Mario Kart thing threw me (never played), but I'm quite familiar with it from Hot Pursuit.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #6559 on: January 15, 2013, 10:05:06 AM

OH HAI. I moved in the first week of January. I'm in San Jose now, working at Visceral (EA Redwood Shores).

Since I got here, all I've played is The Secret World, which I'm now convinced has the best audio design of any MMORPG.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6560 on: January 15, 2013, 11:26:06 AM

Nice. Let me know if you need any recommendations for restaurants or whatever.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #6561 on: January 15, 2013, 02:54:39 PM

I've been trying to amass the most impressive library of books in my house. It's like horders SKYRIM.

I was doing that.  Picked up all the books I ran across and stored them in a chest.  Finally got around to saying, I think I'll place them individually now.  Got em all out and dumped them on the floor.  And the game died so hard trying to load them all I had to reboot the entire fucking machine.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #6562 on: January 15, 2013, 03:14:20 PM

Tried the new Devil May Cry demo. Shocked to find it was actually very enjoyable, well designed and seemed like a lot of fun.

Had been led to believe by the baying crowds the game was shit on a stick and some how the artistic vision of DmC has been ruined, but the game seems head and shoulders above DmC4. (And Christ was that dialogue cheesy and dreadful).
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #6563 on: January 15, 2013, 07:20:53 PM

I'm not a fan of the new Dmc but old DMC fans are insufferable. They seem to think that everyone has beaten every game in the series on the hardest difficulty, watches combo videos and is super into the minutiae of the combat. Unfortunately the demo of the new game has way too much "stop every 30 seconds for a mini-cutscene" shit in it that infests modern games, and Dante is a total douche. Dialogue seems almost worse to me in that it's still terrible but clearly trying not to be.

OH HAI. I moved in the first week of January. I'm in San Jose now, working at Visceral (EA Redwood Shores).

Too late to unfuck Dead Space 3?  awesome, for real

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #6564 on: January 15, 2013, 08:43:50 PM

Ninja Theory is largely a shit-tier dev house, but I'm glad that they seem to really be putting their all into DMC, if only because of the scrutiny it's had.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #6565 on: January 16, 2013, 11:32:46 PM

Path of Exile, Persona 3, NBA2k13 (best b-ball game ever made IMO), Arcanum, and motherfucking Frog Fractions (GoTD).

http://twinbeardstudios.com/frog-fractions
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #6566 on: January 17, 2013, 02:47:45 AM

Yeah, if you haven't played Frog Fractions yet, do it.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #6567 on: January 17, 2013, 08:12:31 AM

Frog Fractions got linked in I think Useless Distractions, but best game since Portal 1
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6568 on: January 17, 2013, 11:13:48 AM

Yup, a must-play.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6569 on: January 17, 2013, 01:06:14 PM

I spent an hour last night crafting and fixing up my house.  For some reason, I've decided to dress the armor mannequins in matching sets and put important weapons in display cases.  No one will ever see this except me.  Ohhhhh, I see.

It's OK.  I did this in Morrowind.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #6570 on: January 17, 2013, 02:13:03 PM

It's OK.  I did this in Morrowind.

/grouphug

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #6571 on: January 17, 2013, 09:12:51 PM

I recently made a huge pile of all the books I own in a room in the house. I now can't go into that room.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6572 on: January 18, 2013, 06:20:22 AM

I'm really glad I'm not the only one that goes around collecting every book they run across.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6573 on: January 18, 2013, 06:22:23 AM

I did that, too. Giant hairy barbarian, loves to chop people into little pieces and cruise used book stores.
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #6574 on: January 18, 2013, 06:24:33 AM

The goal for my mage was to get 1 of every spellbook and 1 copy of each book and try to squeeze that into my house with the library, while grouping books according to subject. Yeah, went a bit nuts on that one.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #6575 on: January 18, 2013, 06:33:20 AM

I can't even get enough money to buy a house.  I'm level 19 now and dragons die quickly to my mighty 45 bow skills but I'll be fucked if I know how to make it turn in to cash.

/sadface

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #6576 on: January 18, 2013, 07:35:25 AM

I can't even get enough money to buy a house.  I'm level 19 now and dragons die quickly to my mighty 45 bow skills but I'll be fucked if I know how to make it turn in to cash.

/sadface

Smithing. You can upgrade everything weapon and armor you find with materials you buy from the smiths for a profit. At the highest level you can turn the dragon bones and scales into dragon armors which sell for thousands of gold.

To make the most money I level enchanting, alchemy, and smithing. By level 50 I had all the houses and 100,000 gold I can't spend.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #6577 on: January 18, 2013, 07:48:49 AM

How can you not have 200 billion gold in Skyrim? I just literally pick up everything that isn't completely worthless and sell it.

Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #6578 on: January 18, 2013, 07:53:59 AM

Sell it!? But...but... it might come in handy....some day...

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #6579 on: January 18, 2013, 07:59:22 AM

Bandits at some point start getting ridiculously kitted out, so clearing a bandit camp or fort and pawning all their armaments (which usually end up being Orcish/Glass/Ebony at some point) is fairly profitable.

Alternatively, Paelos' suggestiong works. If you don't like spending a bunch of materials, just use your otherwise useless precious metals and gems (silver/gold + the emeralds/etc) to craft the most extravagant jewelry you have the skill to make. Enchant it with whatever is worth the most cash, then sell it.

Edit: In terms of Jewelry you only really need the following

-Rings/Necklace that compliment your primary fighting skills, be it a magic school/one-hand/two-hand/etc
-Rings/Necklace for a few different resistances (or the all-encompassing magic resist since Grand Soul Gems are easy to fill by killing Mammoths)
-Rings/Necklace for whatever crafting/side skill you want to boost/bandaid.

After you have those of appropriate power (which is easy since again, Mammoths are easy to kill and drop grand souls), anything else can be sold really.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 08:02:13 AM by Fabricated »

Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: