Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:55:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231421 times)
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #6300 on: December 18, 2012, 07:52:02 AM

Finished:
-Torchlight 2 (beaten again on veteran with a Embermage, was fun until everything started instantly killing me in Act 4)
-Borderlands 2 (yeah think I'm done, maybe whenever all the DLC goes on sale for really cheap and none of my friends want to play it anymore)
-Dishonored (waiting for DLC sale)

Currently:
-The Secret World (pretty fun outside of some odd jankiness and poorly explained stuff)
-World of Warcraft (sort of. I log in, do 3-4 quests, then log out)

Literally still haven't installed despite owning for like 6 months:
-Max Payne 3

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #6301 on: December 18, 2012, 09:50:54 AM

Far Cry 3. I've been around the island liberating all the bases and crafting all the special crafty stuff. Not sure if I can be bothered completing the main story line but just driving around is fun.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6302 on: December 18, 2012, 11:51:12 AM

1/10 on my backlog chores; finished Penny Arcade 3 last night which is a cute little JRPG. 2 more missions to go on Eufloria and I will be 2/10 and picking the next title from my pile o' crap. Thinking I will give Shogun 2 another chance to win me over despite load times. (SWTOR too of course.)

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #6303 on: December 18, 2012, 02:58:48 PM

Trying really hard not to convince myself to get Farcry 3, but play some of my backlog of games. I don't think I could do the 10 games before I purchase another, but maybe... 3? Yeah 3 would be good.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6304 on: December 18, 2012, 02:59:47 PM

Yeah I'm not sure I'll be able to make it. But it makes for an interesting challenge at least...

CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Once split a 12.5lb burger with a friend.

Reply #6305 on: December 18, 2012, 04:03:47 PM

I am on a quest to play 10 games from my backlog before I allow myself to buy anything new.
So would I count each individual episode of The Walking Dead as a game, giving me 4 if I finish the rest? And you are saying just play, not complete them, yes?

I may give this a shot.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6306 on: December 18, 2012, 04:18:54 PM

I would count each episode in the manner that makes you happiest.  why so serious?

For me I'd count them as separate games probably, the idea is more to get ahold of my reckless Steam buying than anything else.

Myself, I'm going to be trying to at least mostly complete things. For something like Eufloria that means playing through the whole campaign, for something like Shogun 2 that probably just means finishing one campaign game, for something more open ended it would just be giving it a fair try of at least a few hours.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6307 on: December 18, 2012, 05:44:09 PM

the idea is more to get ahold of my reckless Steam buying than anything else.
Start painting minis! I've hardly bought anything on Steam since.

Although my bank account is begging me to go back to PC gaming at this point.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6308 on: December 18, 2012, 05:47:03 PM

It would be a better use of my time to get a part-time job and spend the hours that I would be painting, to pay someone else to paint them for me using the money from the part-time job.  tongue

Painting is pretty much a non-starter for me. I don't have the space, the hand steadiness, or the color vision for it. I made my peace with it long ago.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #6309 on: December 18, 2012, 08:00:13 PM

Planetside 2
SWTOR
The Secret World

Waiting for the second half of Halo 4 Spartan Ops to kick off and then I'll hop back on that.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6310 on: December 18, 2012, 08:05:25 PM

I made my peace with it long ago.
I know. I really enjoy it, especially as I'm slowly starting to improve...but then I look at the task of painting something like a couple teams for Blood Bowl or Dreadball  ACK! I only started painting for reals in August, but that's 7 minis in just over 5 months....

Anyway, not trying to derail, honest. That's been taking up a lot more of my time than gaming. A little Don't Starve, mostly. Loaded up TSW and I've pretty much forgotten a lot of stuff and the skills are a bit of info overload again. Keep getting the urge to play my assassin in TOR, he's nifty.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #6311 on: December 18, 2012, 10:33:34 PM

I'm just waiting for Steam sales while revisiting Bloodbowl and Just Cause 2 and Neverwinter Nights 1 (What an awful game this is lol)

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #6312 on: December 19, 2012, 05:16:30 AM

Ah fuck, you guys know what I just realized?  The world is completely going to end in like two days.  And I still haven't finished Skyrim, Arkham City, COD3, GTA4 and a bunch of other shit.  I mean, I haven't even finished god damn Final Fantasy 10.  Or 12!   I think the pile of awesome games I have NOT finished is actually now higher than the pile that I HAVE finished.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #6313 on: December 19, 2012, 11:37:31 AM

I'm so sick of hearing the world is going to end. It lost its funny a while ago.

Playing Swtor, mixed with some Planetside2 and a bit of TSW. Of them all, I'm having the most fun with swtor.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6314 on: December 19, 2012, 11:46:02 AM

Seems like you should have clipped out the post that instigated it.

I forgot that I have been playing Mark of the Ninja from XBL and it is very terrific.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #6315 on: December 19, 2012, 12:03:17 PM

Loved Dishonored.  First non-sandboxy/openworld game in ages I did an entire second playthrough of. 
Playing some Don't Starve and revisiting Kerbal Space Program.
Trying Crysis 2 since it was on sale for cheap, but not sure if it's my thing.
Keep meaning to get back to The Secret World...
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6316 on: December 19, 2012, 12:36:15 PM

I'm thinking of getting the newest Resident Evil.  I've played them all and I really didn't much like the Raccoon one.  Someone tell me the next one sucks and I shouldn't get it.  K?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #6317 on: December 19, 2012, 12:48:16 PM

4 was the peak of the series.  Newest one (RE6) got a 4.5 review on Gamespy.  That's usually a score they reserve for scams and Wii carnival games.

-Rasix
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6318 on: December 19, 2012, 02:00:53 PM

Thanks.  I really can't afford another game.  :)

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #6319 on: December 19, 2012, 03:53:14 PM

Is there no in game benefit to being stealthy and not killing people in dishonored? because the extra exp was all that kept me from slaughtering everyone in deus ex.

I am the .00000001428%
Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #6320 on: December 19, 2012, 05:13:53 PM

There is an achievement for making it about halfway through the game with only 10 deaths at your hands and another for not killing anyone.

The ending of the game is influenced by your "chaos level" which is mostly related to how many people you kill (generally you want to kill fewer than ~20% of the people on a mission to keep chaos low, but taking the non-lethal option to eliminate your targets helps as well).  Some people think the high chaos ending is a "bad ending", but having seen both, I think the distinction is a bit more subtle than that.  If your chaos level is high, later missions will tend to have more guards, etc.  Also, high/low chaos impacts some NPC conversations you overhear, and various other background bits (like wanted posters, announcements, etc).

My first play through was a "best effort" non-lethal (I went non-lethal for all my targets, but got sloppy here and there with random guards, etc) and I did a second run where I killed nobody.  Had fun with both.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6321 on: December 19, 2012, 11:03:16 PM

Mostly Dungeon Village. Are there any good games on Android for a tablet besides the Kairosoft stuff?

Still need to finish P4G and FC3.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6322 on: December 20, 2012, 06:45:56 AM

I'm thinking of getting the newest Resident Evil.  I've played them all and I really didn't much like the Raccoon one.  Someone tell me the next one sucks and I shouldn't get it.  K?

I played RE6 to completion and I can't recommend it unless you're one of those hardcore fans that buys games in a series despite the quality of it.  I won't spoil the plot, but you can probably guess what it is.

Had to play more Minecraft360 due to the patch.  Had bad times in the nether, lost an enchanted diamond pick.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #6323 on: December 20, 2012, 07:06:48 AM

Mostly Dungeon Village. Are there any good games on Android for a tablet besides the Kairosoft stuff?

Check out the Game Dev one from Kairosoft if you haven't.  Same type of game though.  I'd be interested in an answer to this too.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6324 on: December 20, 2012, 07:23:47 AM

My first play through was a "best effort" non-lethal (I went non-lethal for all my targets, but got sloppy here and there with random guards, etc) and I did a second run where I killed nobody.  Had fun with both.

Is true level ghosting possible? To me, a non-lethal takedown isn't any better than a kill. Make believe guy fall down.

In Thief, my objective was always to not alert anyone ever. They might see a shadow or hear a funny noise, but my actual presence was never to be detected.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #6325 on: December 20, 2012, 07:45:17 AM

Yup, there's both a "no kills" and a "nobody alerted" achievement and the mission stats summaries include checkboxes for accomplishing each of those.  I've ghosted a few levels but have not pulled off an entire playthrough that way.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6326 on: December 20, 2012, 08:38:30 AM

Check out the Game Dev one from Kairosoft if you haven't.  Same type of game though.  I'd be interested in an answer to this too.
Yea I'm grabbing that one next. Just got my tablet recently and looking for stuff to do with it. Most of the posts in the Mobile subforum have been iOS exclusives.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #6327 on: December 20, 2012, 10:05:09 AM

nm  Ohhhhh, I see.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 10:10:39 AM by Segoris »
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #6328 on: December 21, 2012, 12:18:33 PM

Just finished my FemRenegadeShep ME series playthrough.

Now, on to AC3.  Not sure what's on deck after that, hopefully the Steam sale will produce a gem or two there.

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #6329 on: December 21, 2012, 05:48:18 PM

Done with exams, nothing to do for two weeks but wait.  In the meantime, I got sucked back in to League of Legends... goddamn this game KILLS my productivity.  It's one of those games where even when I'm not playing it, I'm thinking of playing it, or analyzing what I did wrong last time I was playing it, or something.

Grabbed Sonic Generations for the 3DS when I was looking for something cheap to play in transit, and it's surprisingly fun.  The PC version is waiting in my Steam backlog, but I think the handheld version is basically totally different.

Trying to get back in to The Secret World, now that it's free (more or less) but having trouble fitting it in.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #6330 on: December 22, 2012, 11:49:20 AM

Finished Far Cry 3, don't know if I liked the story or not. They dropped the ball on a non-story related thing though:

edit: I've decided, I don't like the story. This RPS interview says it all (spoilers!): http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/12/19/far-cry-3s-jeffrey-yohalem-on-racism-torture-and-satire/
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 12:45:31 PM by jakonovski »
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #6331 on: December 22, 2012, 02:18:57 PM

I don't know anything about that author in the interview, and it would take every fibre in my being not to punch him in the face for some of those answers.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #6332 on: December 22, 2012, 07:39:27 PM

I have an old skool RPG itch I need scratched and nothing's doing it for me.

Have you tried Eschalon?  If you haven't, it's at least inexpensive.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #6333 on: December 23, 2012, 03:09:08 AM

Yeah.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6334 on: December 23, 2012, 11:40:29 AM

edit: I've decided, I don't like the story. This RPS interview says it all (spoilers!): http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/12/19/far-cry-3s-jeffrey-yohalem-on-racism-torture-and-satire/

Holy shit, it's a goddamn Internet troll in game form. What a cunt.

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: