Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:58:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2254264 times)
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #5985 on: August 19, 2012, 03:30:35 PM

Currently playing the crap out of Sleeping Dogs, and I'm happy that Square rescued this game when ActiBlizz cancelled it.  Great Arkham-Asylum style melee combat, lots of collectibles and decent plot (so far) and voice acting.  The high-res texture pack is totally worth the extra 4GB download for PC players, too.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #5986 on: August 23, 2012, 07:31:49 AM

Finally finished the base storyline on Batman:AC, so am hanging it up.

The combination of "use this gimmack ONLY here" (freeze grenades and grapple, I'm looking at you) and the console-itis really frustrated me on this one.  I don't remember the first one being such a chore to plow through...?  In its defense, though, the combat (especially blocks/counters) seemed to flow much better.

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5987 on: August 23, 2012, 07:47:03 AM

The combination of "use this gimmack ONLY here" (freeze grenades and grapple, I'm looking at you) and the console-itis really frustrated me on this one.  I don't remember the first one being such a chore to plow through...?  In its defense, though, the combat (especially blocks/counters) seemed to flow much better.

This was sort of how I felt too.  The game play was fun enough that I finished the entire game, but so much of the story line and writing was terrible that I just stopped playing as soon as I finished it.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #5988 on: August 23, 2012, 09:48:17 AM

This was sort of how I felt too.  The game play was fun enough that I finished the entire game, but so much of the story line and writing was terrible that I just stopped playing as soon as I finished it.

Same. I suspended playing it a while back because I got really tired of the "now do this, now do that". Don't build an open world/sandbox architecture and then populate it with Dragon's Lair combat mechanics, even if the combat flow is indeed better in general. Also just didn't feel like the writing worked at all compared to the tighter narrative of the first game.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5989 on: August 23, 2012, 12:57:20 PM

I picked up Legasista after seeing it demoed at Otakon, and I'm loving it so far. It plays like the older Zelda titles, but with NISA's trademark quirky Japanese humor.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #5990 on: August 23, 2012, 06:41:23 PM

Dragon's Lair combat mechanics

That was quite it, thanks.

And I pumped $15 into that machine just to learn the tentacle room and chessboard...

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #5991 on: August 24, 2012, 12:31:13 AM

Finished the main campaign in Tropico 4, next up is the expansion, I guess! It still annoys me that the radio people insist I am a dude when my avatar is clearly a lady. If you're too cheap to record two versions, how about not referring to my gender.

God Save the Horn Players
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #5992 on: August 24, 2012, 12:35:13 AM

SWTOR, Dota2, a touch of Mann vs. Machine, and probably a little GW2 this weekend.

Also I am preparing to UTTERLY CRUSH Ruvaldt's humans in the Masters Saturday. WE MUST SCORE TOUCHDOWNS.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5993 on: August 24, 2012, 12:40:34 AM

In the last month or so, I played through Dragon Age for the first time... yeah yeah, I know. I also made a lot of shit explode in Saints Row 3, and got the Orb of Thralni in Avernum: Escape of the Pit (aka the remake of the remake of the sorta-remake of Exile). Also prepared my characters (and helped some guildies with theirs) for MOP in WOW.

I foresee a whole lot of GW2 in my future, eventually interspersed with some pandas.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #5994 on: August 24, 2012, 02:10:34 AM

In the last month or so, I played through Dragon Age for the first time... yeah yeah, I know. I also made a lot of shit explode in Saints Row 3, and got the Orb of Thralni in Avernum: Escape of the Pit (aka the remake of the remake of the sorta-remake of Exile).

You sir, are a god among men.

DOTA2 and TSW (pondering on whether to 100% clear Savage coast or head to Blue Mountain.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #5995 on: August 24, 2012, 03:01:46 PM

Finished VTM:B - such an awesome game, despite its faults. Really want to pick up Secret World, but I can't justify paying for the client now, when I'm hitting PAX next week. Never know what I might pick up there.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #5996 on: August 24, 2012, 03:30:38 PM

Gamestop has the DL of TSW for $25 right now, just fyi.  I suspect it will be normally $20 by xmas though.  It's a fun game, but I simply like GW2 more.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5997 on: August 25, 2012, 03:27:02 AM

I'm still playing Saint's Row 3 and Hellgate now and then.  I want to play Torchlight 2 but I can't because they won't release it.  I've had it on pre-order for decades.  It still says "summer 2012".  Summer is almost done.  I'm becoming nervous and disoriented.  And Borderlands 2.  Why does time go so slow?  I thought it was supposed to keep slipping, slipping, slipping into the future!!  The counter has said 20-some days now for about a year!  I'm not kidding.  Srsly. 

Fuck you, Mr. Steve Miller.  Fuck you and your lardy ass eagle.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #5998 on: August 25, 2012, 07:30:10 AM

Finished VTM:B - such an awesome game, despite its faults. Really want to pick up Secret World, but I can't justify paying for the client now, when I'm hitting PAX next week. Never know what I might pick up there.

play VTM again as Malkavian.

As for me, im playing Spec Ops: The Line - Horrid generic third-person shooter. They try to sell the story but the game is just not fun enough.
It's not the usual America save the world cliche - I get what they're aiming at, but the game wasn't very fun. What a waste.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #5999 on: August 25, 2012, 10:48:57 AM

Minecraft. Still. (Cancelled TSW when I realized Minecraft is all I want to play).

Only now, I've been seduced into the world of Mods (as well as playing on the F13 server and MrB's).

The Millenaire mod creates villages into a single player minecraft world with 4 different civilizations - Norman, Japanese, Mayan and Indian. I can gain reputation (or lose it) with each of them by bringing them things they use to build their villages, and watch their villages grow.

This appeals to the worker bee in me, since my minecraft building skills are almost nil.

I'm hoping to get them all to love me so that I can then make them all hate each other and maybe have a huge war (although I'm not sure that's possible!).

I may then use the Weather/Tornado mod to destroy everything! Muahahahaha.

It's kinda like the Sims only with Minecraft.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6000 on: August 25, 2012, 06:34:50 PM

I've given up on LA Noire. I so wanted to like this game, and there's a lot to like, but all the disparate pieces do not hang together well at all. The overall story is nonsensical, the individual cases often just make NO GODDAMN SENSE and the dialog system is TERRIBAD. Why are you admitting to the crime on the second question when you just denied it to the rafters in the first question? Chewbacca is from ENDOR. DERP.

Learning towards Fallout: New Vegas for my next big game to play in between Leauge of Legends matches and The Secret World. Though I could just as easily start another round of Football Manager 2012, Saints Row 3 or Just Cause 2.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6001 on: August 25, 2012, 08:23:41 PM

It gets especially incoherent at the end!

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #6002 on: August 25, 2012, 08:24:49 PM

Played a bunch of Mann versus Machine today. I feel like I should branch out from the medic, but I'm a-skeered. I hate being the failure!

God Save the Horn Players
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #6003 on: August 25, 2012, 11:31:12 PM

If neither my girlfriend nor I end up playing Medic, the MvM pugs we're on tend to not ever have one, and I'm the only one of the two of us with a Kritzkrieg.

I like Medic, but sheesh.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6004 on: August 26, 2012, 08:01:27 AM

It's worth beating because I believe there are some bonuses for importing your save file from Infamous into Infamous 2; the final boss really was much harder than the rest of the game.

Ah, shit, I have to do it now.

After the 1.04 patch, Diablo was easy-peasy-livin-greasy to beat.

Chewbacca is from ENDOR. DERP.

lawl

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6005 on: August 28, 2012, 06:45:51 AM

GW2, Minecraft. My already strained gaming time is even more strained. I mostly hop on when the old lady is playing song pop so I can help her with hard rock. Keep trying to talk her into buying (not RMT, because lol) metal because some punk bitch keeps sending her animated movie themes and other crap, bitch has kids. She only knows maybe two people who can keep up on hard rock, and I think they just memorized which snippets were which.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6006 on: August 29, 2012, 08:54:16 AM

Borderlands (360) and Fez.  Had to start over with Fez because the boy hijacked my game.

Also, too much fucking Minecraft.  Luckily someone texted me pictures of my main bedroom submerged in lava, described as "a grease fire", which I can use to avoid playing for a bit.

Family board game is Ticket to Ride.  Connect cities with trains, what's not to like?

Started listening to SomaFM, in particular to Spacestation.

Was reading Book of Five Rings a week ago but haven't finished for some reason.  Also was reading The Prince, which is dry.  Now I am reading The Hobbit to my son at bedtime, time permitting.  Just got to the part where
I'm keeping my distance from GW2 for now.  Too much else going on at the moment, plus http://www.zupidoo.com/clock/borderlands-2

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6007 on: August 29, 2012, 10:07:04 AM

I can't hold my breath that long.  I don't know why I love this game so much, but I do.  Maybe it's because it was the only game I seemed to be able to play when my head assploded (or asphodel, as Mr. Spellchecker would have you believe - also, Yegolev, you are Togolese)  Everything else kept my interest for seconds, not even minutes)  I can now game for up to two hours straight before I need a break!  Yay me!  And I have no interest in trying to beat that.  I'm happy playing less and enjoying it more.  Luckily, my next booboo operation is on my knee and I don't need that for Borderlands 2!   awesome, for real

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6008 on: August 29, 2012, 01:00:48 PM

I personally like the numbers that fly out of things when I shoot them.  I will speculate that doing violence to midgets is a plus.  Bonus for violent decapitations.  I have managed to get about a 47 in Eridian weaponry, and that's fun.  There is very little to fix for the sequel (talking to YOU BLIZZARD), and I am optimistic.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #6009 on: August 29, 2012, 07:52:59 PM

GW2 when I have time (which is about a half hour a day).

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #6010 on: September 05, 2012, 11:15:12 AM

Wow, Spec Ops: The Line is about as much of a mindfuck as people say it is. The game is literally trolling the shit out of you with its bland-as-hell gameplay. Or it accidentally turned out that way.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
lesion

Reply #6011 on: September 06, 2012, 08:55:27 PM

Giving Diaspora: BSG Font with a Subtitle a whirl. It's fun, but not too fun. Like if Freespace 2 had less customization options and was set in the BSG universe. Wait. Wait.

steam|a grue \[T]/
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #6012 on: September 10, 2012, 07:35:40 AM

Lots of Space Pirates and Zombies.  I've had this game for months, and only seriously sat down with it just recently and man, this is a giant time killer - love it to death. 

Also took a bit of time to play through To the Moon, and damn that game has a fantastic story and writing - the best I've seen in years.  I'd recommend it without hesitation to anyone with a few bucks to spare and about 3 hours of free time.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6013 on: September 10, 2012, 08:56:18 AM

GW2, dammit.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #6014 on: September 10, 2012, 09:15:26 AM

GW2 as much as possible. I haven't had a game grab me like this in a LONG time. Spent saturday with a buddy dying over and over and laughing our asses off in what we called the 'Dark Souls' dungeon. The reward for completing it was miniscule and it took us a LONG time to fight through it, but it was the first time in a long time that I played an MMO purely for the enjoyment of it, and not for XP or rewards.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #6015 on: September 10, 2012, 09:34:56 AM

GW2, dammit.

Yah, I'll be hooked until next Tuesday at least.  The time goes by so fast playing this game.  I'll look up and it's time to go to bed.

-Rasix
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #6016 on: September 12, 2012, 04:18:52 PM

I'm playing.................Holy Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 4 Batman!!!!!  (with a 1991 season mod!!!)  DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS  Heart Heart Heart Thumbs up!

(BIG pictures, 1920x1200...can you see them?):

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #6017 on: September 12, 2012, 05:46:41 PM

Nice graphics!

Are you using a gaming wheel, and if so, which one?  Mine is decidedly sub-par...

(goes off to finish up his Path of Neo replay before installing ME3 for the first time)

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #6018 on: September 12, 2012, 06:38:12 PM

I went and picked up IWD on GOG as a warm up for BG:EE next week.  I was mostly going to pick up BG:EE as a show of support.  I forgot how awful it is to try and play at high res though.  Even on my super huge monitor it's just painful.  Now I'm really looking forward to the new interface and high res support.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6019 on: September 12, 2012, 07:31:23 PM

I can't even play the IWDs with widescreen hacks, they both just lag out to a crawl. :/ BG2 works fine, as does Torment.

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: