Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:35:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: The sky has not fallen (yet) 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The sky has not fallen (yet)  (Read 246831 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #175 on: May 11, 2012, 03:49:12 PM

I didn't like what it did to my lovely blue complexion, so I toned it down. Also helped that I was trying to bang Ensign Temple by then and she loved all my LS choices.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #176 on: May 14, 2012, 04:17:20 PM

Random data point: I hit the unsubscribe button just now, because the server is just deserted during my core play time.

Yeah, it's my own damn fault for playing on a us server from europe, but it's not like it was a problem in the beginning. Now I have to wait forever to join any pvp and calls for FPs are also pretty damn rare.

I still have the full free month queued up in my account, so I'll keep logging in during that. But an MMO without any people to group with isn't worth putting any more money into. Too bad, because I really enjoyed the pvp when it happened, but if I wanted to sit around for hours waiting for fun stuff to happen, I'd play Eve.

(plus Diablo, but that was just the final push)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #177 on: May 16, 2012, 02:04:49 PM

I can definitely see some effects of D3 in that since it released my GTN sales volume has dropped off a cliff. Obviously too soon to say if it will have any lasting effect on population long-term.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: May 16, 2012, 04:02:05 PM

Fleet pop has been ass as well.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #179 on: May 16, 2012, 05:19:24 PM

I read that as "poop" ACK!
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: May 16, 2012, 05:38:15 PM

I'm sure that's ass also.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #181 on: May 16, 2012, 06:38:27 PM

Poop ass.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: May 16, 2012, 06:57:33 PM

Conversely, there are currently 22 people on Republic Taris. Normally there are maybe 2-4.

Maybe all the non-diablo folks have the same idea and are leveling their alts.  why so serious?

Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: May 16, 2012, 07:18:21 PM

I've noticed that Coruscant, DK, Taris (Lazy Reps) and Balmorra (Filthy Imps) generally always have notable populations.

Could definitely be an alt craze sort of thing...

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #184 on: May 17, 2012, 06:19:12 AM

When you realize the level 50 Warzones never start cause there's not enough level 50 willing to wait in a queue for hours, then you make an alt and enjoy 10-49 PvP. As a result, even less level 50 Warzones start. So depressing.

Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #185 on: May 17, 2012, 06:37:40 AM

Cross server warzones cannot come soon enough.

Warzones are pretty much all I do now - queues have become terrible even in primetime, and on my server, the Republic has gone from largely dominating lvl 50 warzones, to getting absolutely crushed as most of the better PvPers (and most of the healers) on this side have upped sticks and left. All in the last week or two.

I had no intention of leaving in the short term, but there may be nothing left for me soon.
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: May 17, 2012, 09:50:01 AM

For me, what's unfortunate is that they keep trying to improve the 'endgame' when there isn't one, as far as I'm concerned.  I finished my class story.  Great, I'm done with that character.  Switching to another one.  As far as I know, they have yet to add any actual new class story content, which is only one of two pieces of content that would keep me interested for more than a day (the other being if they finally put the same-sex romances in, cause several of the female romance interests are really neat but I'm not going to listen to my character having boring male voice for 50 levels to experience them).  And if to experience any of this new 'story' content I have to group?  No thanks.  So if any of these raids or flashpoints they've been adding have new story, I'm never going to see it.  I tried out the grouping system and the 'roll for dialogue'.  Gave it a real solid chance.  Hate it.  I can't stand having my character's decisions ignored - not overruled by an argument, just utterly ignored as she stands there without comment.  So I'm not grouping anymore.  At all.

So, pretty much the same problem I expected from the beginning - not adding story at a solid pace.  Good chance I'm cancelling soon, as soon as I finish up the remaining storylines I'm interested in - which I'll be rushing through, because I'm tired of planet quests.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #187 on: May 17, 2012, 09:57:57 AM

My goon guild can field like two 8 mans now...the 8-man I'm in is #3 and on its last legs due to no-shows which I'm guilty of as of Tuesday since I actually got home real late and passed out without sending any messages. Whoops.

Denova is just a shitty, boring raid.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: May 17, 2012, 01:56:36 PM

When you realize the level 50 Warzones never start cause there's not enough level 50 willing to wait in a queue for hours, then you make an alt and enjoy 10-49 PvP. As a result, even less level 50 Warzones start. So depressing.

There's no gear grind in the 10-49 bracket and a few key abilities are missing which makes games more manageable.

Conversely a few key abilities still exist without any real counters which makes some matches really one sided, I'm looking at you Sage pull  why so serious?

But yea, by 20 most specs are competitive and by 30 most specs have 95% of what they're about at 50 too.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: May 18, 2012, 03:05:16 AM

I don't want to PvE, at all, I hate it in this game. I can't stomach one more second of it for the life of me. So I am leveling an alt through only PvP, just to participate in the 10-49 bracket, but it's very slow and in the meantime you get creamed badly. People even target you simply because you are low level. I do not play to win, but the fun of being a perennial lowbie with a limited set of skill that don't even complete a build wears off pretty quickly.

But yeah, that's all we have as of now (aside from Diablo 3  why so serious? ). Funny to notice how they changed the daily from "win 3 matches" to "play 6 matches", considering that on some servers there's no way to win any of the very few matches that ever start. Goofiest bandaid ever.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #190 on: May 18, 2012, 06:27:31 AM

For me, what's unfortunate is that they keep trying to improve the 'endgame' when there isn't one, as far as I'm concerned.  I finished my class story.  Great, I'm done with that character.  Switching to another one. 
Yeah, I don't really get it, either. The folks they are trying to please can't be, and will be the first to bail for TNBT. Their bread and butter are folks like us (and sjofn, but nobody can create content THAT fast). Chapter 4 should be coming at some point, and honestly even though my play time is down as I diversify a bit, I've got a ton of content left to go through.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: May 18, 2012, 08:05:10 AM

I don't want to PvE, at all, I hate it in this game. I can't stomach one more second of it for the life of me. So I am leveling an alt through only PvP, just to participate in the 10-49 bracket, but it's very slow and in the meantime you get creamed badly. People even target you simply because you are low level. I do not play to win, but the fun of being a perennial lowbie with a limited set of skill that don't even complete a build wears off pretty quickly.

But yeah, that's all we have as of now (aside from Diablo 3  why so serious? ). Funny to notice how they changed the daily from "win 3 matches" to "play 6 matches", considering that on some servers there's no way to win any of the very few matches that ever start. Goofiest bandaid ever.

May I humbly suggest you're in the wrong game? Not wanting to do PvE at all in TOR is sort of like playing ShadowBane (back when it existed) and not wanting anything to do with PvP. Just saying is all. Don't get me wrong, I quite enjoy TOR's pvp when my side isn't getting facerolled because the other side has twice the number of Sages/Sorcerors than we do (seriously when one class determines who wins its time to take a good look at that class) but even I know it's an afterthought to the bread and butter of the game.

And yes, I noticed the daily change too but I think it's a good thing. I think it's a good change personally since frankly, if your side loses all the time people stopped queueing.

Edit: On rereading I realized my post may have come off a bit different than I meant it to. Falconeer can play however he wants I just am not sure playing TOR only for the PvP is worth it. That's all. :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 09:18:30 AM by Riggswolfe »

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: May 18, 2012, 11:40:46 AM

They put in raids and pvp so they could tick boxes on the 'fully featured mmo' list.

This game is about story and that's about it. Everything else is a diversion when you want a break.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: May 18, 2012, 01:03:59 PM

Riggswolfe, I am totally in the wrong game. SWTOR is a filler while waiting for other things, that are sadly late. But as a filler its PvP action proved to be much more fun than I predicted and I was happy to stay in it for that. I know what you mean, something along the lines of "how can you be surprised they are not supporting the PvP aspect considering it's an afterthought in an otherwise story driven PvE game?", and I'd agree with you. I shouldn't be surprised. I am just pissed cause I found one thing worth salvaging in this pile of bland whatevereness, and they are letting it die (with my subscription, and a few others) in a sad sad way.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #194 on: May 18, 2012, 02:42:48 PM

(and sjofn, but nobody can create content THAT fast)

Hey, I still have a couple of class quests to go (SW and BH have the bulk of theirs left, and I haven't quite finished the SI and smuggler).

Don't judge me.

God Save the Horn Players
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #195 on: May 18, 2012, 09:18:24 PM

Poop. Ass.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: May 18, 2012, 09:21:25 PM

Besides leveling and raiding maybe 1-2 times a week. 90% of my playtime is PvP.  I have 3 toons valor 70, 74, 83.

I really like the PvP in SWTOR, they just need to get the server transfers and junk going and add some more wz's and turn Ilum into a siege area.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: May 19, 2012, 01:43:21 AM

Ilum needs to be entirely reworked from the ground up. New Objectives, New Terrain, New Balancing, New off-hours activities.

I wouldn't even know where to start.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #198 on: May 22, 2012, 09:59:16 AM

Lum's posting on his Facebook that BW:A is currently going through "The Culling"  No official announcement yet, but he's hearing from folks he's personally in contact with.  Evidently it's not a small number of people.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #199 on: May 22, 2012, 10:34:13 AM

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=462269

Welp, let the bloodgates open.

Yeah, firing a bunch of people always helps a game that needs more content/polish to retain subs and pull more people in.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #200 on: May 22, 2012, 11:33:32 AM

Yeah, firing a bunch of people always helps a game that needs more content/polish to retain subs and pull more people in.

This does seem a bit early for a game (particularly one of this size) to be hitting 'maintenance/subsistence' mode.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #201 on: May 22, 2012, 12:28:46 PM

Counterpoint: EA probably expected better than "We managed to fiddle the subs numbers so we could just about hang onto 'one-tenth as successful as WoW' for the first quarter"

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #202 on: May 22, 2012, 12:49:34 PM

How can this be? SWTOR was the best mmo ever made just a few months ago. I am completely shocked to hear this news.
VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #203 on: May 22, 2012, 12:59:46 PM

Facepalm

That was eulogy I didn't expect for a few more years at least. Yet another blow to A3 MMO hopes. Now would be the time for Blizzard to stick the boot in with a killer expansion like...  Ohhhhh, I see. ...  ACK!

Help us CCP, you're our only hope.   

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #204 on: May 22, 2012, 01:24:33 PM

So...is the sky falling now?   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #205 on: May 22, 2012, 01:35:16 PM

I'm fairly sure even WoW has had their dev team reduced in the past.  The sky will have fallen when subs take a Conan/Warhammer dive. 

By the way, how many people have been laid off?  TOR had an enormous dev staff last I saw so I'm curious how bad the bloodletting is.

Over and out.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #206 on: May 22, 2012, 02:00:59 PM

If the sky falling means they didn't hit their dreamy number that allowed them to keep an entire expensive dev team on the books, yeah. Chicken little wins! Good on ya.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #207 on: May 22, 2012, 02:01:55 PM

Lum said he's hearing close to 200. No idea what percentage that is of BW Austin though.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #208 on: May 22, 2012, 02:02:54 PM

Did it finally include Paul Barnett?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #209 on: May 22, 2012, 05:24:16 PM

The SWTOR developers seemed pretty quiet. Which might have been them, having advertised they kept the whole development team into live, working on a massive additional content patch. The fact nothings been announced apart from deep cuts means that is less likely and their subscription decline will continue.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: The sky has not fallen (yet)  
Jump to: