Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:48:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Take a picture once a day, whether you need to or not 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 108 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Take a picture once a day, whether you need to or not  (Read 1153939 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1820 on: December 21, 2009, 06:57:24 AM

saw there was really no where to put the snow
What I'm guessing is the front yard, across the sidewalk. Don't use those modern push shovels, use a feed-type shovel that you can get a really good throw with. Or toss it in the road and hope the snowplows get it. With the parking situation there, it's going to be a bitch digging out from the plow.

You've got the snow I wish we had right now. We've got about what Iain's got, maybe a bit more.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #1821 on: December 21, 2009, 08:01:22 AM

Nah; what happens is one guy gets his car out, leaves, and by time he comes back there's a gigantic pile of snow in his parking spot. Time to dig the car out!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1822 on: December 21, 2009, 08:02:53 AM

That's quite neighborly.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1823 on: December 21, 2009, 08:07:59 AM

We got dumped on and it was pretty coming down, but then I want it all to go away.  Or back to the slopes where it belongs.  It's just a pain.  Holidays are already annoying, so that's like a double pain in the ass.   I'm not sentimental or soppy about things like having a white Christmas. Or even a Christmas.  Holidays are much better online where you can just click yourself somewhere else when it gets tedious.  Maybe if people didn't start making a fuss about Christmas two months in advance I'd enjoy it, and even the snow, more.  By the time it finally gets here, I've been over it for weeks.  Having snow on top of it doesn't help much.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #1824 on: December 21, 2009, 09:45:42 AM

That's quite neighborly.
Yeah, I saw it happen yesterday. My neighbors are kind of dicks. I just added to the already-existing pile.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1825 on: December 21, 2009, 09:49:32 AM

View outside my house this evening. Doesn't look like much now but it was snow mixed with frost overnight. Caused complete chaos and shut down the bus services so I couldn't get to work this morning. So I stayed in bed instead  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

[edit] This is a bit later, looking at the sunset.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 10:41:03 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1826 on: December 21, 2009, 09:57:08 AM

People are still dicking around in Arlington, because I keep hearing the fire trucks rolling out from around the corner.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Grimwell
Developers

[Redacted]

Reply #1827 on: December 21, 2009, 11:09:37 AM

A beach web cam of our winter.

I'm soooo glad I've moved.

Grimwell
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1828 on: December 21, 2009, 11:20:51 AM

I'm not sentimental or soppy about things like having a white Christmas.
I'd settle for a white year. Maybe I'm part eskimo. I love snow.

Anyway, I'm with Grim: move to the clime that suits you. I get so tired of people who bitch about the weather here, as if the rest of the world doesn't exist. I tried socal, not my thing, my inner norseman rebelled. If it weren't for my fiancee, I'd probably move to north canadia or something.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1829 on: December 21, 2009, 11:22:30 AM

I think Grimwell gets to present the Haha Award.

View outside my house this evening. Doesn't look like much now but it was snow mixed with frost overnight. Caused complete chaos and shut down the bus services so I couldn't get to work this morning. So I stayed in bed instead  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
That looks exactly like some of the streets in Edmonton when I visited.  Ice and everything.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1830 on: December 21, 2009, 11:35:23 AM

Welcome to Virginia. 2 feet and climbing. I was going to shovel out my car, but then I cleared one side, saw there was really no where to put the snow, and went back inside.

I wish we had gotten that much, you must be much more north than me.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Grimwell
Developers

[Redacted]

Reply #1831 on: December 21, 2009, 12:04:20 PM

Anyway, I'm with Grim: move to the clime that suits you. I get so tired of people who bitch about the weather here, as if the rest of the world doesn't exist. I tried socal, not my thing, my inner norseman rebelled. If it weren't for my fiancee, I'd probably move to north canadia or something.
I'd actually miss the sort of snow people are getting.

The things I hated were having to get to work in it. :D

If I ever live in a cold clime again, I'm just going to buy a house in walking distance of work and food. Or win the lottery first so I can pay someone to shovel and drive.

Grimwell
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #1832 on: December 21, 2009, 12:17:22 PM

I'd actually miss the sort of snow people are getting.

The things I hated were having to get to work in it. :D

If I ever live in a cold clime again, I'm just going to buy a house in walking distance of work and food. Or win the lottery first so I can pay someone to shovel and drive.

I live about a quarter mile from my office. Snow just means the hems of my trousers are damp when I get to the office, none of this having to excavate a vehicle or rely on Dublin bus drivers (a group who manage to make Paris Metro staff seem like a conscientious and hard-working bunch by comparison).

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1833 on: December 22, 2009, 07:20:32 AM

I own a truck capable of driving through a few feet of snow, and a capacious snowblower, and I love using both of them. This year has been underwhelming thus far, last year was awesome. Haven't even had to Avalanche the roof yet.

Also, cold weather is a good excuse to accessorize.  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #1834 on: December 22, 2009, 07:33:53 AM

I went for a walk last night and took some more pictures once the snow had stopped coming down so hard.

This one is probably my favourite, it's past the central Christmas tree in the centre of town out to the Oberen Tor which is the northern gate to the city.

This morning it's been warm enough that all the snow except for the deep drifts and some of the more sheltered spots has melted. Plenty more on the way though.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1835 on: December 22, 2009, 08:16:23 AM

That architecture belongs in the awesome picture thread imo.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #1836 on: December 22, 2009, 08:27:31 AM

The whole town is like that. Basically there's a 15th-17th century core surrounded by walls with a tower at each of the four cardinal points - to give you some idea of how compact it is, you can stand at that tree in the centre on the crossroads where the north-south and east-west roads meet and you're no more than about 250 yards to the furthest part of the city walls.

I took some more pictures on my wander which are on my Flickr page.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #1837 on: December 22, 2009, 08:30:29 AM

North doesn't mean snow. We're more than likely getting rain on Christmas day and I live in Toronto.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1838 on: December 23, 2009, 05:35:17 AM

North doesn't mean snow. We're more than likely getting rain on Christmas day and I live in Toronto.

I was referring to more north in Virgina :)

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #1839 on: December 23, 2009, 06:57:28 AM

I'm near Dulles :)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1840 on: December 23, 2009, 07:03:21 AM

It was 58 and raining here yesterday.  I'm starting to like this move to the South.  Especially as someone that grew up in Minnesota. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #1841 on: December 23, 2009, 07:44:44 AM

I was referring to more north in Virgina :)

Damn you. DAMN YOU!
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1842 on: December 23, 2009, 08:06:32 AM

I'm near Dulles :)

Yeahhh.... I'm in the Southeast coast area. We got some fluffy stuff Friday, then Saturday was small ice like... and it is basically gone now. *sigh*

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1843 on: December 23, 2009, 08:17:19 AM

Finally starting to get some more snow. Woke up to a light inch on the ground, been some flurries that are just now gelling into some serious snowfall. Can't wait to get home and get the snowblower out.

Supposed to get nasty on xmas, snow to rain to sleet turning to freezing rain all day saturday. Ice is the thing I dislike, snow is totally wicked.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 08:26:19 AM by Sky »
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1844 on: December 23, 2009, 09:13:46 AM

Tough journalists only take on the most challenging issues of the day (spotted this last night)

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1845 on: December 23, 2009, 10:53:10 AM

Outside of work just now:

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1846 on: December 23, 2009, 08:45:46 PM

had some really heavy fog yesterday. Rolled in in about 15 minutes

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1847 on: December 26, 2009, 01:00:00 PM

The oldest tree on my family farm, with a great cloud formation behind it.

Hic sunt dracones.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1848 on: January 02, 2010, 12:24:56 AM

Taken on Mt Tamalpais yesterday.  Click for bigger:

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1849 on: January 02, 2010, 05:17:21 PM

Fish, especially dither fish, are hard to grab a shot of. Especially when one just got his camera Dec 31st.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Gutboy Barrelhouse
Terracotta Army

Reply #1850 on: January 03, 2010, 10:53:56 AM

Fish, especially dither fish, are hard to grab a shot of. Especially when one just got his camera Dec 31st.

I have to say advantage human vs fish since the fish is in a tank.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1851 on: January 03, 2010, 01:38:47 PM

I have to say advantage human vs fish since the fish is in a tank.

yes but it is extremely hard to pose fish unless you have a photocell and even then...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
nurtsi
Terracotta Army

Reply #1852 on: January 05, 2010, 03:12:16 PM

Shooting through glass is annoying since auto-focus always seems to focus on the glass.
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Once split a 12.5lb burger with a friend.

Reply #1853 on: January 05, 2010, 07:17:25 PM

Shooting through glass is annoying since auto-focus always seems to focus on the glass.
Or on the wall behind while you're changing backgrounds...
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1854 on: January 06, 2010, 10:15:36 AM

My wife is very into photography, she was doing just a for fun photo-blog for a while but got busy and it kind of fell by the wayside.

I told her she should start posting in this thread to no avail yet, but she did restart her blog trying to do a picture a day.  I'll keep trying to pester her to join up here but for now I'll have to settle for posting a link to her blog site -  http://abihamm.blogspot.com/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 108 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Take a picture once a day, whether you need to or not  
Jump to: