Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:01:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Take a picture once a day, whether you need to or not 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 108 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Take a picture once a day, whether you need to or not  (Read 1161470 times)
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #525 on: May 05, 2008, 03:45:38 AM

If I ever start a roller derby team it's going to be the Clam City Rollers Bumpers.

Heh. I amuse myself.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #526 on: May 09, 2008, 09:09:33 AM

This guy was found a couple days ago under the shrubs in front of the library. Has a cold and kinda young, but otherwise healthy. All black and polydactyl. I adopted him, he's guarding my new house.

WayAbvPar

Reply #527 on: May 09, 2008, 10:22:56 AM

Cute! Black cats rule.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #528 on: May 09, 2008, 11:47:09 AM

Awwwwsnuggawumpagus!

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #529 on: May 09, 2008, 11:54:33 AM

Awwww.  Looks like my Magenta!  I'm not getting another kitty until we move again, though.  At some point I want five.  I get a Righ sigh every time I say so. 

Oh, and three tiny white dogs and a mini trampoline. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
WayAbvPar

Reply #530 on: May 09, 2008, 12:16:51 PM

Tell him it is either 5 kitties of 5 kiddies. He will carry you to the pet store on his back!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #531 on: May 09, 2008, 12:24:03 PM

He knows I would do and have done just about anything to avoid having children, so he'd laugh at me.  I pamper my kitties, though.  Last night when I fed them, I kept moving their food to the middle of their dishes so to make it easier for them to eat.  He rolled his eyes so hard, I could hear them click.  I tend to obsess, I think.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #532 on: May 09, 2008, 12:28:04 PM

I have to admit that I'm at an obsession stage. A sick abandoned stray? Ima spoil this dude! Forgot to mention his name is Bartholomew, though I'm considering vikingizing it to Bartolomaeus. Black Bart ftw.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #533 on: May 09, 2008, 12:37:18 PM

Both mine are rescues and Lister was a stray kitten with a choked mew and a scabby nose.  Now he's like 15 lbs of almost tubby tabby and the king of the house.  I really keep meaning to post pics.  I am DEFINITELY going to post pics of their first cricket soon.  I have to be careful, though.  I'm thinking of blocking the closet and under the doors and stuff and doing it in the master bath the first time.  I don't want noisy crickets hiding in the house making a racket in the middle of the night.  If they're quick enough, it'll be the living room next time.  Also, raw food is the best thing I've ever done for them.  Lister keeps his coat and it looks incredible.

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #534 on: May 09, 2008, 01:10:36 PM

Also, raw food is the best thing I've ever done for them.  Lister keeps his coat and it looks incredible.
Could you explain? I don't remember you talking about this.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #535 on: May 09, 2008, 02:13:33 PM

I'm transitioning my cats to a raw food diet.  I buy them Nature's Variety raw food medallions.  They're still eating a wee bit of dry (grainless) and I mix the raw with just a little of the Prairie canned.  Lister likes variety and a stronger flavour than Magenta so I alternate between lamb, chicken, venison, and rabbit.  I wanted to make the food myself but I'm just not up to grinding bones.  By next month, I'll have them completely off dry and down to my ultimate goal of all raw with a dollop of human quality canned.  Dry food is probably the source of most cat tummy and urinary problems. 

Within days of starting them on raw, I noticed a difference in their energy level.  Lister used to be a total couch potato and now he has about 10X the energy.  I started seeing a difference in their coats a couple of weeks into the transition.  Lister barely sheds at all and Magenta (longer hair) is improving constantly.  Both their coats are way shinier than before.  They have no hairball problems and their breath smells 100X better.  My sister feeds her dog the same raw food and has had really great results, too.

Because this is a picture thread: 

My nephew and my sister's dog at Xmas wearing some of the pressies I got them. 

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #536 on: May 09, 2008, 02:30:11 PM

We have our two cats, Burger and Binkie, on prescription diet dry food, something called w/d. Binkie is a fattie at 15.5 pounds, with Burger not too far behind at 13.8. He eats less than she does, and does more exercise, so he's thinner. The problem with trying to keep one of two cats un-fat is that you have to either lock one up in a room while the other eats, or they both get a chance to pork out.

Guess which one's which.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #537 on: May 09, 2008, 02:33:53 PM

We have the same problem - I actually do lock up one of the cats while we are at work and he gets his own food in our guest room.

- Viin
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #538 on: May 09, 2008, 02:40:22 PM

Even prescription diet cat food, w/d is Hill's I think, has more calories and carbs than canned or raw.  Lister was a fatty, too, and now he's just almost a fatty.  He has energy and he's slimming down and toning up since I decreased their diet.  I also fed them the Hill's Science dry food, which is nearly the same as the prescription dry food.  Luckily, I'm here when they eat (I'm always here!) and I can move Lister so Magenta gets food.  Lister is obedient like a dog anyway.  He's very odd for a cat.  I'm in a good position to be able to ween them off of dry all together, though even a switch to human grade canned would probably help with Lister's weight management.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #539 on: May 09, 2008, 02:45:42 PM

Not that this is a cat thread, but I've always hated wet canned food and I think it makes their teeth rot a lot faster. My cats have always had dry - usually Nutro, doing weight management for our fatty. Good stuff as far as I can tell.

- Viin
WayAbvPar

Reply #540 on: May 09, 2008, 02:51:14 PM

My cat always shits all over his fuzzy pants if we feed him anything but dry food. Look at his fur, for Christ's sake!

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #541 on: May 09, 2008, 04:21:09 PM

I don't think dry cat food does anything for their teeth, except get caught between them. Do crackers and cookies clean our teeth?  I brush my cat's teeth but one of the best things for them is raw chicken necks... if you can find them.  Never cooked.  Switching them away from dry might cause some poopy problems at first, didn't for me though, but the benefits of getting them off of dry outweighs them.  Then again, most people don't obsess the way I do and dry is way more convenient for humans.  Cats are obligate carnivores so they do benefit from some plant matter and the raw I use has the small percentage that they might need.  A lot of experts also thing that dry food is also the main cause of diabetes in cats, especially obese ones.  Diabetes almost only occurs in cats who get only dry food. 

Also, did I mention how I obsess on my cats? 

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #542 on: May 09, 2008, 04:56:30 PM

Our cats won't eat anything but their dry food, mango juice and brocolli. Maybe popcorn. If it has olive oil.

I offered them fresh baked salmon. No way. I offered them italian prosciutto. Nuh uh. I offered them little bits of rare sirloin. Not touchin it.

My cats are freakin nuts.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #543 on: May 09, 2008, 05:09:03 PM

It was hard for mine to switch to raw but once they did, they can't get enough... well, Lister anyway.  Magenta is also goofy.  She goes crazy over apples and watermelon.  Even the smell makes her crazy.  Lister wants meat, meat, meat and more meat.  He's the tubby one.  Magenta is very small and strange and besides fruit, she only begs to play.  In fact, kibble, pieces of paper, and a bit of cardboard on a piece of wire are her favourite toys.  I have spent hundreds on toys and she plays with kibble.  I don't know what she'll do next month when there is no more kibble to be had.

Maybe some nice mod should move our pet talk to a different place.  We've buggered up the picture forum.  Sorry.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #544 on: May 09, 2008, 05:30:29 PM

How dare you feed your cat a diet that it would be eating if it had the misfortune of living in nature.  I hope someone calls the SPCA on you.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #545 on: May 10, 2008, 03:11:16 PM

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #546 on: May 10, 2008, 04:51:41 PM

Do you have crickets, Samwise?  I won't do that.  I'll just pick up a couple a week at the local pet store.  It's more for their entertainment than anything, really.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #547 on: May 10, 2008, 05:17:16 PM

I think those are baby Mantises, not crickets.  If so that's awesome.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #548 on: May 10, 2008, 05:23:10 PM

Are they?  I can't tell what the heck they are but it would be awesome.  Of course, raising crickets in your house is also awesome(ly weird).

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #549 on: May 10, 2008, 05:23:39 PM

Yep, mantises.  That photo was taken a matter of hours after they emerged from their clown car.  After a week and a half I was starting to wonder if the egg was a dud, and then I got home from work one day and that was waiting for me.

Truly the cutest bugs ever.  They're like little spindly kittens.  Sometimes a fruit fly will run by one and it'll get so excited that it falls over.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #550 on: May 11, 2008, 05:49:56 AM

I love mantises.  You've brought me such joy.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
photek
Terracotta Army

Reply #551 on: May 11, 2008, 11:31:38 AM

Yay a picture thread. My tomb / crypt / grave / office is so dark I'm suprised I got a picture in this lighting thats somewhat viewable. This is only one third of it or so.

Ow yeah, here is my kitteh named Booby. Don't worry you don't have a dead pixel. Its just a blue spot on the picture for a reason.

"I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away"
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #552 on: May 12, 2008, 09:30:23 AM

Sam make sure and either release them or re-cage them or they'll cannibalize each other. Not so cute.

I need to head to the nursery and pick up a sac for my garden. And restart the pond. My minnow and brown bullheads got nabbed by the 'coons while we were in Japan.  ACK! But my Sarracenia is getting ready to bloom! Stay tuned...

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #553 on: May 12, 2008, 10:02:50 AM

If VD wasn't so big on bugs I'd say start a mantis fight club.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #554 on: May 12, 2008, 10:09:35 AM

Holy shnikies, photek.  That's like a little room of thermal radiation.  GLOBAL WARMING! 

How hot does that room get?
photek
Terracotta Army

Reply #555 on: May 12, 2008, 12:16:32 PM

Holy shnikies, photek.  That's like a little room of thermal radiation.  GLOBAL WARMING! 

How hot does that room get?

Ow its just one third of the room on the picture, the crowded part, but yes it does get hot. I got like.. 5 PC's in here, 1 laptop, consoles, tv, turntables, projector and speakers running daily, so during cold Norwegian winters I barely need any heating. During spring-summer time (now) I need to have windows open during daytime and I'm thinking of getting some cooling rig.

Here is the other part.

"I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away"
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #556 on: May 12, 2008, 12:56:31 PM

Sam make sure and either release them or re-cage them or they'll cannibalize each other. Not so cute.

I've released some of them, but it hasn't stopped those that remain from taking swipes at each other now and then despite the overabundance of smaller and easier prey.  I'd probably be disturbed if I hadn't been raising triopses for so long.  (Each triops litter starts with about a hundred siblings and is whittled down to the three biggest and fastest through about a week of natural selection.)
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #557 on: May 12, 2008, 01:08:16 PM

I've released some of them, but it hasn't stopped those that remain from taking swipes at each other now and then despite the overabundance of smaller and easier prey.  I'd probably be disturbed if I hadn't been raising triopses for so long.  (Each triops litter starts with about a hundred siblings and is whittled down to the three biggest and fastest through about a week of natural selection.)

Sorta like the primaries.

Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #558 on: May 12, 2008, 05:34:30 PM

Yeah f13 weekend.

voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #559 on: May 12, 2008, 08:33:39 PM

How many pairs of shoes do you bitches need?

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 108 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Take a picture once a day, whether you need to or not  
Jump to: