Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:39:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2255069 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5110 on: September 05, 2011, 09:51:00 AM

Mostly Just Cause 2 lately. Haven't had a lot of solid gaming time, mostly plyaing while waiting for someone to come over, so no idea how long I'll have...and Just Cause is a perfect ADD game. Such great visuals and audio (He climb too high!), fun action and wandering.
Sir Fodder
Terracotta Army

Reply #5111 on: September 05, 2011, 10:22:08 AM

Half Life: funny, inventive, and delightful, great fun to play through for the first time.

Warcraft 3: this was sitting around since release when I got only about 1/4 of the way though. Finally finished it, was OK. A lot of it too easy but some parts way too difficult on Normal. The character art still grates on me a bit but the environments were pretty and great use of the engine for story exposition, the story itself was funny-brutal and somewhat enjoyable, the ending sucked bad though and sort of failed in a lot of ways- cinematically, gameplay, story wise. War3 reminded me that the frenetic clickfest RTS style, lacking in tactics, is not the direction I was hoping the RTS genre would go. Where oh where are the "Close Combat Done Right" games?

Morrowind: I wanted to get into this game really bad but its just too clunky and bug riddled. The final straw was trying to grok the byzantine leveling up mechanics, get penalized for making a generalist character? Shitty combat and lack of feedback. bleh.

Civilization V: I could not get into this game at all when it was released, I had been playing a lot of Civ IV and V just did not seem to hold up either gameplay or visually. I really liked the detailed oldschool computer generated art in IV, the wonder vignettes were so sweet, you could see them being built. The soft painterly style used for wonders etc., and the poster airbrushed UI and art style in V I think is somewhat of a cop out looking at the visually crisp past editions of the series. Anyhow I've never had such a turn around of opinion on a game, there is a lot of nice things to look at and play around with, got sucked in by Civ V and spent way too much time on this one, sort of burnt out from the funky AI but I'll play some more later.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #5112 on: September 05, 2011, 10:50:19 AM

Half Life: funny, inventive, and delightful, great fun to play through for the first time.

Warcraft 3: this was sitting around since release when I got only about 1/4 of the way though. Finally finished it, was OK. A lot of it too easy but some parts way too difficult on Normal. The character art still grates on me a bit but the environments were pretty and great use of the engine for story exposition, the story itself was funny-brutal and somewhat enjoyable, the ending sucked bad though and sort of failed in a lot of ways- cinematically, gameplay, story wise. War3 reminded me that the frenetic clickfest RTS style, lacking in tactics, is not the direction I was hoping the RTS genre would go. Where oh where are the "Close Combat Done Right" games?

Morrowind: I wanted to get into this game really bad but its just too clunky and bug riddled. The final straw was trying to grok the byzantine leveling up mechanics, get penalized for making a generalist character? Shitty combat and lack of feedback. bleh.

Civilization V: I could not get into this game at all when it was released, I had been playing a lot of Civ IV and V just did not seem to hold up either gameplay or visually. I really liked the detailed oldschool computer generated art in IV, the wonder vignettes were so sweet, you could see them being built. The soft painterly style used for wonders etc., and the poster airbrushed UI and art style in V I think is somewhat of a cop out looking at the visually crisp past editions of the series. Anyhow I've never had such a turn around of opinion on a game, there is a lot of nice things to look at and play around with, got sucked in by Civ V and spent way too much time on this one, sort of burnt out from the funky AI but I'll play some more later.

I love this post.
Talpidae
Terracotta Army

Reply #5113 on: September 05, 2011, 12:54:29 PM

"For Catching Fish !!"

awesome, for real Heart awesome, for real

"LOOK HOW CLEVER ARE MY BALLS!" - Steven Moffat.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #5114 on: September 05, 2011, 04:08:54 PM

(mutters something about DA:O crashing every 10 minutes)

(laughs as Oghren tries to pick up Wynne)   awesome, for real

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #5115 on: September 06, 2011, 09:20:09 AM

Thanks to GOG, I'm playing Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers; missed it back in the nineties (I only played the third chapter, which is my favourite adventure game ever), VERY VERY good so far (I'm only at the beginning of day 2).
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 09:23:50 AM by Lucas »

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #5116 on: September 06, 2011, 09:26:09 AM

Well, since I finished Deus Ex: HR, I guess it's time to play something else until Disgaea 4 gets here.  I ordered that after taking my change jar to a coinstar.  Got $95 (Amazon gift card), and after hearing what my wife thinks I should buy with it, decided to spend it as fast as I can.

I guess it's time to finish up inFamous then.

-Rasix
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #5117 on: September 06, 2011, 10:41:46 AM

Neverwinter Nights: A Dance with Rogues  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5118 on: September 07, 2011, 09:36:14 AM

I played two hours of Disgaea 4.

I.. I don't even.. what the hell... WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!?
Rasix

Reply #5119 on: September 07, 2011, 09:40:03 AM

That sounds promising.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  Amazon said mine would get here in like 2 weeks, but it just shipped today and I tend to get their books/games a day after they ship no matter what shipping I use.

Picked back up where I left off in inFamous.  Says something for the control scheme that I felt I hadn't lost much after putting it down for a couple weeks.   

SC2 league match tonight.  I haven't practiced one second since my last match, and I'll be a zombie due to not sleeping last night (son woke up screaming at 2am... yay).

-Rasix
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #5120 on: September 09, 2011, 11:39:36 AM

http://armorgames.com/play/12141/kingdom-rush

I find that at work, I need a good browser game to play during downtime.  Because my network overlords prevent anything except 80 and 8080 traffic in and out, I can't do any of those 'super awesome' browser games...I have to settle for the flash client-side stuff.

That said, I've played my fair share of Tower Defense games and whatnot.  Recently though, Kingdom Rush has been a most refreshing experience.  The animation style combined with good game mechanics and gameplay have made this a great game to play again and again.  Highly recommended.

Anyone else got a favorite non-outside-server-contacting-in-order-to-play browser game?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #5121 on: September 09, 2011, 11:48:13 AM

I got hooked on LoL. I bought NFS Hot Fursuit from the weekend sale, but I don't know when I'm gonna play it.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #5122 on: September 09, 2011, 06:19:00 PM

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #5123 on: September 10, 2011, 02:07:49 AM

Googling "hot fursuit" brings up ... interesting links. why so serious?

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #5124 on: September 10, 2011, 09:13:25 AM

Too much moonsugar.  awesome, for real You'll be surprised at some Morrowind and Oblivion mods...can't wait for Skyrim.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #5125 on: September 10, 2011, 04:21:11 PM

Crimson Alliance is a surprisingly satisfying little game for couch co-op, my son and I have been having a lot of fun the last couple days. Mixing in some Space Marine, which I was iffy about purchasing based on the demo, but so far has proven itself as a fun, if not particularly deep, diversion.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #5126 on: September 10, 2011, 07:43:27 PM

I just finished The Force Unleashed 2, which as pretty fun. But really, only 10hrs of content to complete? And that was *with* time spent on challenges.

- Viin
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #5127 on: September 10, 2011, 08:12:19 PM

Starcraft 2 ladder (and working on a 1v1 map), Torchlight (my latest Hardcore character is up to level 22 now), Just reinstalled Bad Company 2 today.

Other stuff:

Project Zomboid Alpha - saving is still not implemented so I haven't been playing a ton. 
NS2 Beta - Still major performance issues when more than 12 people are on a server.  The game is shaping up nicely though from a mechanics stand point.  Still some things to work out (like Aliens have a really hard time finishing off the game even when they are far in the lead)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #5128 on: September 11, 2011, 12:57:59 PM

I just finished The Force Unleashed 2, which as pretty fun. But really, only 10hrs of content to complete? And that was *with* time spent on challenges.

That seems to be par for the course for that game type - Arkham Asylum and Space Marine come in around the same for example.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #5129 on: September 12, 2011, 02:59:48 PM

I thought I recalled Arkham Asylum taking around 20-25 hours on both of my playthroughs...?  Head scratch

Trying to finish DA1.  Having a hard time due to constant crashing during the final boss fight.   swamp poop

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #5130 on: September 12, 2011, 03:01:10 PM

I finished it in like 3 nights, but the challenges and such definitely add more time if you mess around with those.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #5131 on: September 17, 2011, 04:30:31 PM

Checking out Alpha Protocol.  It's definitely more an RPG than shooter (the shooter/stealth mechanics are a bit wonkier than ME/ME2, but in some ways more forgiving if you play it like an RPG -- put points into skills, lean on those skills, etc).  I like the modern day spy setting, kinda a fun change of pace from High Fantasy, Far Future Sci-Fi, or Post-Apocalyptic.   Leaning on stealth, martial arts, and tech, with some points in pistols just in case.
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #5132 on: September 17, 2011, 05:08:01 PM

So, being a lucky European, I got to play Xenoblade. Best JRPG in at least 5 years, probably 10, and one of the best RPGs out there full stop (and I don't like JRPGs). How the heck something this innovative and interesting gets released on the Wii is beyond me. Its like some mysterius world where JRPGs try new things, allow player decisions to affect the game and aren't full of whiney emo characters.

It also appears to run on witchcraft, as it has by far and away the most impressive zones of any RPG I've played. The view distance is literally for miles, and I don't understand how.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 05:09:47 PM by Maledict »
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #5133 on: September 17, 2011, 08:36:33 PM

I'm poking around in 1.8 Minecraft since it released. 4 hours later I found myself in a hole with rain pouring down on me wondering how I can get my crops to grow.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #5134 on: September 17, 2011, 09:29:47 PM

So, being a lucky European, I got to play Xenoblade. Best JRPG in at least 5 years, probably 10, and one of the best RPGs out there full stop (and I don't like JRPGs). How the heck something this innovative and interesting gets released on the Wii is beyond me. Its like some mysterius world where JRPGs try new things, allow player decisions to affect the game and aren't full of whiney emo characters.

Apparently The Last Story is also really good.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5135 on: September 17, 2011, 10:35:51 PM

I'm poking around in 1.8 Minecraft since it released. 4 hours later I found myself in a hole with rain pouring down on me wondering how I can get my crops to grow.
I just picked it up for the first time a couple days ago. One of the greatest games I've ever played. Last night was the first I had time to indulge, and five hours later it was 3:30am.

Cut myself off after I hit 1:30 am tonight so I can be in decent shape for the exhibits we're going to tomorrow. So difficult not to just go ahead and start pulling rock out of the quarry next to an npc village so I can wall it in as a new base, two cave systems nearby and....
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #5136 on: September 18, 2011, 12:47:27 AM

I neeeeed a new game.

Wife and I playing Diablo 2.  Level 81 and loot hungry.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #5137 on: September 18, 2011, 12:52:23 PM

The local Blood Bowl league started again, and after the first game I already want to drop out. Didn't have fun at all. I think the game's rules are not so good anymore, what with the pseudo competitive veneer. Stuff like the special play cards were there for a reason. Now it just sucks ass, one critical roll or mistake around midgame and you're done for the match and you have to sit and pretend you're trying for 30+ minutes until it ends.

I'm probably spoiled by the beauty of games like LoL.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #5138 on: September 18, 2011, 01:20:28 PM

My DS broke and I ended up replacing it with a 3DS.  My old DS games run fine on it, but I'm having trouble finding 3DS games that are worth anything.  They've got this virtual online store built into it, but it's impossible to navigate and I'm not sure how it works with regards to re-downloading titles you already bought and so on.  So right now I'm just playing my old DS games.  Mostly Radiant Historia, which is pretty neat.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #5139 on: September 18, 2011, 04:32:09 PM

It also appears to run on witchcraft, as it has by far and away the most impressive zones of any RPG I've played. The view distance is literally for miles, and I don't understand how.

How is the voice acting?  Does it have the original VO?  I'm strongly tempted to just pickup a used Wii and break the region locking so I can play the 3 rpgs that aren't getting ported (FU Nintendo).
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #5140 on: September 19, 2011, 12:40:35 PM

The voice acting is an all British cast, and I personally find it brilliant. However, it also comes with the full japanese voice over as well, and you can switch between the two in seconds.

(seriously, there are bits of this game which I simply dont understand technically. The zones are insanely massive, with a view distance that goes for miles, and you can teleport to any part of a zone you are in *instantly*. Literally. No loading time. How is this possible?).

I would recommend importing it as much as humanely possible. This is a fantastic game in every respect and deserves to be played. It is groundbreaking, original, well designed and a millon other amazing things. Without wanting to sound pretentious, it makes every other JRPG this generation look like piss. Stale piss.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #5141 on: September 19, 2011, 01:26:42 PM

Getting back into LoL; nothing else is really sparking my interest right now.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Rasix

Reply #5142 on: September 19, 2011, 02:11:57 PM

Yah, after reading all of the crap on here, I've finally decided to take the plunge into LoL.  Yes, I know how bad the community is going to be, I'm just hoping I can deal with it.  Hell, reading about bad group experiences in WoW always wanted to make me resub.  Might be just me thinking, "yah, I could actually be decent at that".  I'm a little worried that I've come into this too late, and that I've never played one of these games before.  Also, the games can run a bit long it seems.

Also, playing some Disgaea 4 and tried some Fable 3.  With Fable 3, I think this franchise is done.  The intro is like double deja-vu. It's bad when you start to gripe on the inside due to the whole feeling of "done that" before you're 10 minutes in.

-Rasix
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #5143 on: September 19, 2011, 02:18:15 PM

With Fable 3, I think this franchise is done.  The intro is like double deja-vu. It's bad when you start to gripe on the inside due to the whole feeling of "done that" before you're 10 minutes in.

At least the commercial was good.
WayAbvPar

Reply #5144 on: September 19, 2011, 04:36:56 PM

Completely forgot about Red Orchestra 2. Downloading it now  why so serious?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: