Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:18:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1969470 times)
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #6895 on: February 14, 2010, 11:48:54 AM

On the other hand, there are rumours of...something happening in the near-future, but everyone who's fwd:fwd:fwd:fwding them on is being very vague and non-specific (as in, not even saying who's involved, just that it's "big news").
So...  Popcorn

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6896 on: February 15, 2010, 12:47:43 PM

Aegis Militia just folded up all their space today and are forming a new alliance.

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1269676
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #6897 on: February 15, 2010, 01:11:10 PM

Wait I thought that already happened.

"Me am play gods"
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6898 on: February 15, 2010, 01:57:19 PM

There had been something like 100% membership turnover in the time since Bat Country left them, but up until yesterday they had continued to maintain sovereignty in their constellation in Providence.  That only just dropped today.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #6899 on: February 15, 2010, 04:54:27 PM

There had been something like 100% membership turnover in the time since Bat Country left them, but up until yesterday they had continued to maintain sovereignty in their constellation in Providence.  That only just dropped today.

Wow. They just dropped sov and left?
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6900 on: February 15, 2010, 05:01:05 PM

I'd assume that the new alliance, Retribution Incarnate Alliance, will pick it up again.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #6901 on: February 15, 2010, 05:06:11 PM

Ya the coad post you linked said the new alliance was provi based so I'd guess so.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6902 on: February 15, 2010, 05:48:02 PM

http://www.kugutsumen.com/content.php?46-Murr-s-0-0-Updates-Sunday-February-14

As I stated earlier,what the NC is doing lately is, killing POSes. Lots and lots of POSes. In fact, if you are a POS, you better gtfo. And since we were running out in Venal, to the point that since we love pos killing so much that we’d start killing our own, glorious NC leadership gave the solution. Black Rise! What a wonderful lowsec region to go kill POSes in. And how wonderful POS shooting is! Mooaaar POSes!

Friday was over all a boring day though it was probably worth it. NC formed with around 150 caps and a good deal of support. We RF’ed some shit in Venal, then RF’ed some shit in BR, then took a small break, then killed a few towers that were coming out. About 14 POS in RF in total and 2-3 killed that were coming out if not more. The most entertaining part of the day was a guy on TS who was doing the best Yoda imitation I have ever heard. “Warp to the gate, you must!”

Saturday began with a very sweet slugfest and ended with a not so enjoying slugfest. NC formed a subcap fleet of 120 CR BS/support after downtime and went to RF a XDEATH staging POS in HD- in Venal. The POS slowly went to RF with an XDEATH titan pilot and about 60 subcap pilots trapped in it. The titan pilot bridged out the subcaps and then was trying to warp out with our dics throwing bubbles at every direction. He probably panicked thinking we had the password~

As the POS went to RF reports are coming in that that 60 man XDEATH fleet ended up 10 jumps over in BV-. We burn there, warp to target gate, bubbles go up, and as it was expected, rape ensues. 45 kills to 6 losses. There was also a White Noise fleet that bridged in but chickened out and left poor XDEATH to burn. About 150 RA also titan-bidged near Q-CAB to assist XDEATH and as we were moving to engage and got to target system with reinforces joining up on the way they started fleeing which resulted in only a few dead stragglers.

Third engagement took place in Kehjari in Black Rise. We had about 200 CR BSs and and only about 12 dreads and were hitting a TRI. tower that had just come out of reinforced. As the tower was close to die Red.Overlord bridges in, caps go FUUU and we emo cyno out with only one dread staying behind and promptly dying to R.OL’s BSs. It has being reported that the dread pilot went to grab a brownie. Woops.

Subcap fleet warps off and regroups on a gate as there’s also an Evoke/Cry Havoc fleet about to jump in, Evoke/Cry Havoc never loads grid and they all die unhappy they didn’t get a fight. Dominion expansion best expansion. I also want to send a big FU to R.OL since I was one of the dreads who had to emo out, switched to a BS, spent my time raging and burning to target system to only get there when everyone was already dead.

And lastly, Sunday was pretty boring. We killed a bunch of POSes in BR, didn’t get any fights, then assembled a ridiculous fleet of 250 subcaps and another 200 caps/supercaps with about 15 titans, or something close to that anyway, to only one-cycle two Cult of War Towers in Vale and return to Tribute Core. That was the expected big event of the night, and our date apparently stood us up. Derp~

On the political side, ZAF has also joined the NC as RAZOR guests and RAGE received their official NC membership. Congratulations RAGE!

Notable Links :

Fight in BV- : http://www.northern-coalition.com/?a...&kll_id=825694

Fight in Kehjari : http://www.northern-coalition.com/?a...&kll_id=825706

http://standings.morsus-mihi.org/

The Wizardhats

U’K dropped SBUs in W9-D and LFA+friends killed them. That’s all. Looks like –A- got bored and went back to ratting.

The South

They are all ratting and preparing for MAX2 the faggots.

Useless Info and Smug Facts

Ookke finally lost his Mom after being the nightmare of every logistics cap pilot in dronelads and the north. If he hasn’t already replaced it I’d say it is time to move those freighters and jumpfreights around.

killmail : http://www.atlas-alliance.com/killbo...&kll_id=148369

Plague Black is back in RAWR.

Pulsar Inc. is reported to be moving back to Curse, hence they aren’t joining the new Swarm.

Now that I'm playing the game again and you'll see me in fleets, if you want reports make sure you don’t primary me.

Hic sunt dracones.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #6903 on: February 16, 2010, 05:42:00 AM

Looks like –A- got bored and went back to ratting.
Never saw that coming in a million years.  awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #6904 on: February 16, 2010, 07:24:22 AM

Quote from: Butter Dog

In actual CVA related news: AM decided to drop all their sov in preperation for a merger with Sylph alliance. This is bad timing by anyones standards - fighting is now ongoing and UK have a deathstar up and TCU onlining in one of their main station systems. AAA are also out in force.

Heh. Anyone surprised by this?

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6905 on: February 16, 2010, 08:42:48 AM

I am enjoying my last day of playing video games (in fact I am at work and not playing video games at all) before giving them up for Lent.  Eve Online may appear like a job but I decided it is close enough to a video game to face the axe.

When I can log in again (46 days later) on Saturday April 3rd, I expect:

Probables:
Goons will take Cloud Ring though they will have their moons under attack
IT, Tri, ROL and others will attack Mostly Harmless and WI. in Pure Blind
Atlas and Drone Russians will attack Vale
AAA will join in to some extent, but participation will drop off as usual.

Possibles:
If AAA actually do manage to rouse the energy to go north in force then CVA will retake 9UY from UK.
If AAA don't go north but help UK then one of the remaining CVA-aligned space-holding alliances will cascade.

The attacks will mainly take the form of siezing moons to place financial pressure on peripheral NC alliances.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #6906 on: February 16, 2010, 09:01:04 AM

That's easy to predict when one of your alt accounts in the IT directorate then calls it a battle plan ;)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6907 on: February 16, 2010, 10:37:21 PM

PL is in (more) trouble?  Crossposting for Viper Shizzle.

Here's a small protip for any alliance leaders out there. If you intend to **** over one of the main corporations in your alliance, stage a coup, or otherwise **** off someone who knows *everything* about your plans and how you operate, you should make sure that person doesn't have friends where you post your plans.

Originally by: Shamis OrzozSo I'm basically done with dealing with Viper's bull****. This poses a problem in that he's the ceo of o****.

So I'd like to get rid of him, and I may have to get rid of o**** completely, but if possible I'd like to retain some of the good o**** members, and I'd also possibly want to orchestrate a coup within o**** to put somebody more amiable into the leadership position. I have some leverage in this regard in that Angel has agreed to help me with that if necessary, but I'm not so sure what she can pull off, and the question would still be who to put at the helm after we did it.

The other issue behind all of this is that viper does know just about everything about PL, which could hurt us a little long term.

The next issue is **** and/or NESW. NESW's participation is nearing ZERO, and the few active members they do have have been in low sec and have been actively flying with other corporations and even flying with some IT guys!!! This is totally unacceptable. I either want NESW out, or I want new leadership, or I want a complete change in their behaviour. NOt sure exactly how to make that happen.

**** seems like a failed corp. Their ceo is completely inactive, and if he is online, it's in syndicate. They have not moved any of their dreads or other infrastructure into geminate. This one is more of a no-brainer than the others and I'm pretty sure they will just be kickec, but I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it in that I might be able to poach the useful members before or during the removal of the corp.

Obviously the decisions I make here can have drastic affects on the alliance, which is why I'm here asking all of you for any insight you may have since this is the only forum I can really trust with this kind of info.

Sorry, Shamis, I don't think this is really going to work out for you. I gave you the option to settle our differences in private and move on with rebuilding PL but you decided to do this instead. I'm sorry you felt the need to go this far to prove your point. I hope the remaining corps in PL and Pandemic Legion as an entity find what they're looking for in EVE and get back to the status they once had.

Everything to come, you brought on yourself.

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1270599
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6908 on: February 16, 2010, 11:45:41 PM

Can't say I'm not enjoying this. For some reason folks always think 'their' alliance is different or immune to these problems. The MC failed partially due to a number of bad calls, sure, but mostly due a number of leader-type folks on a, uh, different trajectory than others. Doesn't matter how 'elite' you think you are, or are perceived to be.

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #6909 on: February 16, 2010, 11:47:30 PM

since this is the only forum I can really trust with this kind of info.

He he.

He may as well post direct to CAOD next time he's plotting stuff.

You gotta love Eve.
Viper ShizzIe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6910 on: February 17, 2010, 02:53:05 AM

Can't say I'm not enjoying this.

I am.

I went into a lot more detail about it on SHC, don't feel like crossposting here since it isn't really the purpose of this thread.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #6911 on: February 17, 2010, 04:13:49 AM

Can't say I'm not enjoying this. For some reason folks always think 'their' alliance is different or immune to these problems. The MC failed partially due to a number of bad calls, sure, but mostly due a number of leader-type folks on a, uh, different trajectory than others. Doesn't matter how 'elite' you think you are, or are perceived to be.

I always find it strange that people cannot get it through their heads that management is hard. It doesn't matter the fields, they all think its easy.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6912 on: February 17, 2010, 03:54:45 PM

Providence continues to amuse. After the AM sov screwup UK/-A- managed to get sov in 3D and Z-R after multiple rounds of deploying and destroying TCUs. A POS shooting friendlies despite proper standings extended the fight by at least one round of TCUs, and to top things off sov dropped again after downtime for no (apparent) reason. At least it keeps everyone busy.

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #6913 on: February 17, 2010, 11:25:44 PM

Just stumbled upon something which I find kind of hilarious:

http://www.reddit.com/r/evedreddit/comments/b352t/goonwaffe_welcomes_dreddit_to_the_naptrain/

Apparently one of their directors tried to be on the opposite end of the map, but he held it upside down and chose to stage 9 jumps out from goons. It was Heart at first sight.

Aww.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #6914 on: February 18, 2010, 05:23:35 AM

Apparently one of their directors tried to be on the opposite end of the map, but he held it upside down and chose to stage 9 jumps out from goons. It was Heart at first sight.

Aww.

Countdown before Goons scam them out of everything....3.....1.....

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #6915 on: February 18, 2010, 07:47:15 AM

Just a brief update.  The AM mess is reportedly another :ccp:.  Whatever was supposed to happen automatically did not so they lost sov and now the mad scramble.  I might hesitate to believe it if it were not for the strange sov losses on both sides during the fights that followed.  Actual fighting and roaming gangs have been seen.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6916 on: February 18, 2010, 11:52:05 AM

I think we've given them enough time to sort this shit out:  Dominion was the NGE of 0.0 and once new shiny expansions start rolling around with everything still fucked people are going to throw their hands up and do something more entertaining like banging your dick on a moving washing machine agitator then the cool stories and drama will start to dry up and empire nubs will quit, not having anything to look forward or aspire to and EVE ONLINE WILL DIE  
ACK!
Mark my words.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6917 on: February 18, 2010, 11:54:17 AM

A guy over on Kugutsumen came up with the following social network diagram based on the major 0.0 entities' standings lists.

It's missing quite a few people from Providence so far, but I don't know if any holders actually read that forum.

Relevant thread.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #6918 on: February 18, 2010, 02:00:47 PM

I thought Vanguarddot were southern aligned now? Or at least part of the Western unaffiliated group with CH and Evoke that goons are hoping to stomp on.

Also, I'd love to see someone try to map the drone regions this way.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #6919 on: February 18, 2010, 03:21:55 PM

I think we've given them enough time to sort this shit out:  Dominion was the NGE of 0.0 and once new shiny expansions start rolling around with everything still fucked people are going to throw their hands up and do something more entertaining like banging your dick on a moving washing machine agitator then the cool stories and drama will start to dry up and empire nubs will quit, not having anything to look forward or aspire to and EVE ONLINE WILL DIE 
ACK!
Mark my words.
Dominion is hilariously bad. The only reason why nobody else is screaming in outrage is that the CVA/-A- thing is the only thing even close to a sov war going on at the moment - everyone else is too busy towering every moon they can to cover costs rather than fighting (which, in itself, is a further sign of how terrible the post-Dominion 0.0 era is shaping up).

Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #6920 on: February 19, 2010, 08:13:39 PM

Dominion is hilariously bad.

The only thing notably bad in Dominion is the lag at large fleet battles which only affects a small part of the player base (albeit a very vocal part).

The newbie experience is better. The exploration tutorial and accompanying Youtube video let me finally suss it after a long time trying.

Carebearing is better. Roids respawn much faster, they are a little bigger in high sec. In 0,0 rats spawn at asteroids much better than they are reported to in pre-Dominion guides even in systems that aren't upgraded.

The wallet fiasco issue is better for the game. Your Chief Financial Officer in a large alliance should be someone who pays at least a little attention to the accounts. It is ridiculous to complain about incompetent officers losing you space in a game heavily about Darwinism. I think even most Goons are delighted with this new tripping block and are looking forward to exploiting someone else's cockup when someone they're attacking fails to budget.

Suicide ganking is booming with the awesomely popular Hulkaggeddon2 event and the low price of minerals. (Not a patch feature just developments in a living virtual world).

Low sec piracy gets a boost from the new epic arcs which give very nice solo/small gang ships.

Even the lag issues help those who exploit the game's limitations to achieve military advantage - notably the Goon bomber squadrons. Good in any situation they became amazingly good in laggy situations. FCs who cyno in to a deep safe have the advantage over those who jump through stargates into camps (eg CVA). Players who read the dev blog on lag have an advantage over those who don't.

The alliance I'm in is certainly not just sitting on its hands.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #6921 on: February 20, 2010, 02:08:12 AM

* 0.0 is simultaneously more expensive and less profitable than ever.
* The new sovereignty system is broken. Not "badly designed" broken, flat out "not working properly" broken. Ask Ushra'Khan or Aegis Militia about their recent fight where sovereignty in one system randomly flipped every 48 minutes for hours on end and CCP point blank refused to answer petitions about it.
* CCP's "system upgrades" that were originally supposed to let you support scores of people out of one system actually lets you support maybe four or five more. So you still need lots of space to support your alliance...even though holding lots of space means that your alliance costs go up. Which means higher tax rates (and hence less money for everyone) and/or nominal "sov claims" where alliances basically say "We own this space" without actually using the in-game tools because it's the only sane way to hold space now. (Which, in itself, is fucking hilarious. People are posting sov claims on third party websites & forums rather than using the "shiny new features" in the game itself because CCP fucked things up so badly in Dominion). So instead of CCPs plan of "Lots of small alliances holding one or two systems/Balkanisation of 0.0" we're getting the same alliances "holding" even more space purely to get more moons/ratting systems combined with actual wars being too expensive to run for any length of time. Utter design failure at every level.
* The other upgrades basically never appear past maybe tier 2 because the indices degrade too fast. Design and implementation failure.
* The moon nerf has put T2 pricing back up to the bad old pre-invention days, while simultaneously reducing the profit at every stage of the production chain. At the rate things are going, once all the 0.0 alliances finish selling off their stockpiles it's going to be cheaper to buy a T3 cruiser than a HAC, which is somewhat ridiculous. Of course, knowing CCP this just means they'll nerf wormhole space next. awesome, for real
* Crippling lag renders any combat with more than fifty people on a side in an unreinforced node into a coin toss. Lake Fucking Wintergrasp in WoW can handle massed battles better now.

"Mining is better"? Really? That's a selling point? "Hey guys we changed things so the twenty-boxing macrominers can make more money to ebay even quicker now". Mining is essentially irrelevant outside of macrominers/people who want to feel productive while AFK/newbies who don't know any better until the Drone Regions are fixed, but if CCP nerfs drone minerals then there's no point whatsoever in holding that space anyway. Another piece of CCP's stunning forward planning comes home to roost.

Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6922 on: February 20, 2010, 02:11:07 AM

Dominion is hilariously bad.

The only thing notably bad in Dominion is the lag at large fleet battles which only affects a small part of the player base (albeit a very vocal part).

The newbie experience is better. The exploration tutorial and accompanying Youtube video let me finally suss it after a long time trying.

Carebearing is better. Roids respawn much faster, they are a little bigger in high sec. In 0,0 rats spawn at asteroids much better than they are reported to in pre-Dominion guides even in systems that aren't upgraded.

The wallet fiasco issue is better for the game. Your Chief Financial Officer in a large alliance should be someone who pays at least a little attention to the accounts. It is ridiculous to complain about incompetent officers losing you space in a game heavily about Darwinism. I think even most Goons are delighted with this new tripping block and are looking forward to exploiting someone else's cockup when someone they're attacking fails to budget.

Suicide ganking is booming with the awesomely popular Hulkaggeddon2 event and the low price of minerals. (Not a patch feature just developments in a living virtual world).

Low sec piracy gets a boost from the new epic arcs which give very nice solo/small gang ships.

Even the lag issues help those who exploit the game's limitations to achieve military advantage - notably the Goon bomber squadrons. Good in any situation they became amazingly good in laggy situations. FCs who cyno in to a deep safe have the advantage over those who jump through stargates into camps (eg CVA). Players who read the dev blog on lag have an advantage over those who don't.

The alliance I'm in is certainly not just sitting on its hands.

They borked the entire end game.  Even sans lag Dominion screwed up 0.0 incentives.  The stated aim was to nerf static isk generators and make up the difference in the hands of active players.  Well they did the nerf ok, the top end moons aren't worth shit and new moon bottlenecks only a fraction of the old isk.  But the new system upgrades are too expensive, require too much grinding to maintain and in the end don't even match up to running level 4's in highsec for personal income even before you factor in the hugely increased risk.  The main reason to hold space now is epeen.

Obviously 0.0 players are a minority, but a lot of people aspire to play there and it does generate an overwhelming amount of the press coverage Eve gets.  Scams being the rest.  The expansion that was supposed to fix Sov for good - if CCP shat out a mining expansion that halved miner income for twice the work I'd expect them to scream bloody murder too.

edit: pretty much what Simond said
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #6923 on: February 20, 2010, 02:55:05 AM

Is it really a good thing that contested systems are only changing hands because of sov payment fuck ups, or when an entire alliance just stops playing EVE online?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #6924 on: February 20, 2010, 05:19:21 AM

Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #6925 on: February 20, 2010, 12:11:26 PM

Is it really a good thing that contested systems are only changing hands because of sov payment fuck ups, or when an entire alliance just stops playing EVE online?

Neither of these things are true.

The new Goons alliance has 31 corps. The largest has 1331 members.

Many systems are changing hands as a result of combat, notably in Providence.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6926 on: February 20, 2010, 12:20:18 PM

Wasn't 9UY taken largely without a fight because one side or the other was afraid to jump in due to lag?  And The systems in Aegis Militia space have been constantly going sov neutral as a result of a bug.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #6927 on: February 20, 2010, 11:07:09 PM

When I can log in again (46 days later) on Saturday April 3rd, I expect:

You should make it the 1st of the 4th.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #6928 on: February 20, 2010, 11:07:49 PM

« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 03:27:25 PM by Meester »
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #6929 on: February 22, 2010, 03:11:01 PM

Stumbled upon this on kubutsumen:

https://killboard.goonfleet.com/battles/1746

Apparently 2 goon R64s were badly timed, so ev0ke tried to take it out with 80bs vs 30 goon bs. They warped to the first pos, got bubbled to hell, and mr vee bombed them the rest of the way to hell. Evoke reshipped, got cry havoc along for the ride for attempt #2. That apparently went no better than the first attempt.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: