Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 06:44:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1971922 times)
rand
Terracotta Army

Reply #5985 on: August 27, 2009, 10:01:40 AM

dividing by east/west/north/south doesn't really make sense. in the west SoT and goons shoot each other, in the east death is hostile to AAA and co. and is actively working against them while solar does their own thing and I think is friendly to at least AAA

minor threat switched sides and now works with death and ra vs the south
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5986 on: August 27, 2009, 11:41:10 AM

SoT and goons shoot each other, but only for shits and giggles, they don't really mean it. Try invading one or the other and see what happens.

Nothing that goes on in the East makes any sense and no sane man can keep track of it, that is the point of the grouping, it isn't to say they are all involved in one big group hug the whole time.

If Minor Threat changed sides, you can just take them off the list because they aren't really that significant.

Maybe eventually RA, MT, and some other alliances from that part of the world will one day form a coherent bloc, but at the moment RA is effectively part of the West, and everyone else is crazy.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #5987 on: August 27, 2009, 11:45:13 AM

In the trivia section today: ex-BoB member SFShootme steals three 'unique' ships from his former alliance.

2x Caldari State Raven, 1x Tribal Tempest.

Nice haul.
rand
Terracotta Army

Reply #5988 on: August 27, 2009, 12:41:09 PM

SoT and goons shoot each other, but only for shits and giggles, they don't really mean it. Try invading one or the other and see what happens.

er, nothing? SoT was fucking useless in delve/querious and blue for no discernible reason other than being mates with PL, the only thing they did was take advantage of blue status to rat in delve. they're not involved with the war down south with PL either, they don't work with goons and we don't work with them so calling them part of the same faction doesn't make sense

it's like saying mostly harmless/majesta empire/wildly inappropriate etc. were part of the goon block because they were blue to us due to being part of the NC even though we don't work together and they took no real part in delve/querious. being in the same geographical region as SoT doesn't make us allies
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 12:44:32 PM by rand »
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #5989 on: August 31, 2009, 10:03:58 AM

minor threat switched sides and now works with death and ra vs the south

I don't think that will last too long either. When we invaded Delve originally, Minor Threat were shooting Kenbobku and some dumb Goons whenever they had the opportunity. 

Then they set the failed alliance blue until the hellpurge of Delve and now have switched sides again...

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5990 on: September 01, 2009, 09:38:42 AM

Sc0rched Earth are accepting the inevitable and are retreating to empire.  Or at least, they are trying to negotiate for that outcome.  The leader of at least one corp, Nos Es Uber, tried to make a separate deal to save his own stuff, including the offlining of jump bridge POSes they ran.  But he ended up getting scammed and losing the Rorqual he was using.

Overall this may yet set new records for time to lose not one but two sov four constellations.  It was pretty much done by Goonfleet Blackops, with some help from Morsus Mihi/Razor at times and original humiliation by PL a couple of months ago.

-------------

Elsewhere, Triumvirate have quietly removed the "Goonies" campaign from the active campaign list on the front of their site.  Since they were running large gangs out of NPC space to blow up worthless ratters and to gank haulers on jump bridges, I don't imagine that their 57% efficiency will be a great delight to them.  Still, it's better than 17%.  At the moment, Privateers are demonstrating how to really grief.  It's a shame, because previous versions of Tri (for example up in Vale) really could compete in both large- and small-scale conflicts.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #5991 on: September 02, 2009, 09:53:09 AM

Sc0rched Earth are accepting the inevitable and are retreating to empire.  Or at least, they are trying to negotiate for that outcome.  The leader of at least one corp, Nos Es Uber, tried to make a separate deal to save his own stuff, including the offlining of jump bridge POSes they ran.  But he ended up getting scammed and losing the Rorqual he was using.

Overall this may yet set new records for time to lose not one but two sov four constellations.  It was pretty much done by Goonfleet Blackops, with some help from Morsus Mihi/Razor at times and original humiliation by PL a couple of months ago.

-------------

What's changed in EVE?  Sov4s used to be pretty much impossible to break, but now they're dropping easily.  Was it simply that a bunch of worthless alliances were able to get sov4s and anytime a big alliance came knocking they couldn't defend?
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #5992 on: September 02, 2009, 09:57:48 AM

What's changed in EVE?  Sov4s used to be pretty much impossible to break, but now they're dropping easily.  Was it simply that a bunch of worthless alliances were able to get sov4s and anytime a big alliance came knocking they couldn't defend?

What's changed? Goons learned how to play Eve!

... but we're still pretty terrible at it!

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5993 on: September 02, 2009, 10:43:45 AM

Oh and it appears that Tri have gone, in search of goodfights, to Providence where last night they matched off against the mighty forces of internet superstars, Cold Steel Alliance!

(And lost)

Hic sunt dracones.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #5994 on: September 02, 2009, 05:45:18 PM

Trevor, the same thing happened to the sov 4s that happened to all those BoB pets in the first great war.  Their powerful allies/masters set them up with space and then didn't really show up to help defend it.  Sc0rched Earth also got a taste of Black Ops for a while and seem to have lost their will to fight, a la Rise.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5995 on: September 03, 2009, 03:36:00 AM

Quite a lot of the players in Sc0rched Earth were in Rise when we broke their sov 4.  At least one entire corp (Ascent of Ages) was in Rise en masse, though I think they got out early.

Basically, though, black ops broke their will to live.  The majority of Sc0rched Earth members have been in empire for over a month, already.

I've also never seen an alliance whose members had so little affection or loyalty towards it.  I think that they poisoned themselves with the TCF reset.  Virtually every mention of it on their forums was accompanied by an almost-audible shuffling of feet.  Everyone knew that it was a shitty backstab, so soon after TCF had saved them.  Everyone quickly worked out that it was also a phenomenally stupid move, too.  Nobody was proud of it, though a few people tried to make excuses.  You can't build loyalty to something that was formed by an event like that.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #5996 on: September 03, 2009, 04:06:45 AM

When you guys do BlackOps, do you use the literal BlackOps ships at all, or are they still pretty much a giant waste of money?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5997 on: September 03, 2009, 05:23:14 AM

When you guys do BlackOps, do you use the literal BlackOps ships at all, or are they still pretty much a giant waste of money?

The actual Blackops T2 battleships are extremely rare in BlackOps itself, thanks to them having horrible lists of drawbacks that do not reflect their pretty much capital hull prices.  The only real use for them is bridging other, useful ships into hostile, sometimes jammed systems.  That's not common, either, since BlackOps pilots are pretty experienced, and tend to be happy running the sort of gatecamps people like Byrn can set up, anyway.

There was a story on Eve-O's front page recently about Dirt Nap Squad using a blackops ship and stealth bombers/recons to hot-drop a carrier.  Of course, that was just an SHC-insiders' wankfest, since people in the south have been doing that to carriers, freighters and jump freighters for months.

Twitter - Endieposts

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #5998 on: September 03, 2009, 06:32:36 PM

That's kinda depressing, since on paper they seem like such a cool concept. :(

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #5999 on: September 04, 2009, 03:44:55 AM

A cruiser sized blackops ship, that would be a cool concept!

cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #6000 on: September 04, 2009, 09:09:52 AM

A cruiser sized blackops ship, that would be a cool concept!

And then they could call it a Falcon. why so serious?

To be fair, it's hard to think of a BS sized PvP ship that justifies the massive cost of a Tech 2 BS without horribly breaking the game balance (as a straight BS-SuperHAC type would likely do).
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #6001 on: September 04, 2009, 09:40:42 AM

And then they could call it a Falcon. why so serious?

I half expected someone to say that just as I clicked submit, but Falcons are recons, totally different to blackops. They cant fit a jump portal generator or covert cyno field. Although, both ships are equally shit these days. 

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6002 on: September 04, 2009, 09:50:35 AM

The problem with The south at the moment is the straightrforward fact that peoples allies (I'm looking at you Atlas and to a somewhat lesser extent -A-) will not engadge goon etc to help them while filling forums with junk about how PVP hard they are. They spend more energy making excuses rather than fighting. The problem is that while this buys time and saves them the humilation of potentially losing to people they call pathetic, this creates its own form of cascade failure. BYRN saw Atlas bailing on IRC, then -V- then DICE. This means they simply don't believe them when Atlas tell them they will actually be allies and help out. True to form last week had CAOD filled with how Goons were cowards becasue Goons etcwere purging BYRN systems while Atlas and AAA were heriocly shooting RA towers in a sov 4 system, when they had formed the fleet to help Byrn. BYRN know they betrayed TCF to get in with these people, and no matter how much the other side spins it they are now getting betrayed by them.

And from their point of view, every time they bail on a fighting and make excuses on forums, makes it eaiser to do the same the next time rather than risk the humiliation of losing.

And the next alliance will see the same and they will allready have their bags packed. They won't have the trust of their allies anymore. If they had faught like wildcats when this kicked off they would be having a far easier time now.

Hic sunt dracones.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #6003 on: September 04, 2009, 03:01:18 PM

Aren't they retooling bobs to be some sort of better mini titan catapult for covert ships through the cargo bay modifications?
I'm pretty sure thats about as far as CCP wants to go with them, they are a launch platform, not a t2 combat BS.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6004 on: September 04, 2009, 08:00:43 PM

Jihadswarm is currently shooting research POS in empire because the forces of greedy capitalism have been left to profit from their wickedness for too long.  Hilariously, both Paxton Federation and Aegis Militia have sent pilots to check up on the POS we're shooting presently.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #6005 on: September 04, 2009, 08:22:42 PM

Wait, what? ... Go on.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6006 on: September 04, 2009, 08:28:03 PM

Translation. Goonswarm has decced a corp in empire that does research and is hitting their towers with battleships. This is significant because once the tower goes into reinforced the jobs stop, and some of these guys leave BPOs researching for the better part of a year to get perfect efficiency. SO they have a choice of stopping the job and losing the progress so far, or letting it die and losing the bpo and all the progress made so far... hmm... some choice.

One of the other corps bright ideas was paying privateers to keep up the dec on Goonswarm for another couple of weeks, as "the privateers always maintain good efficiency against Goons" DRILLING AND MANLINESS Oh and reconfigure their towers to resiststars.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 08:58:12 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #6007 on: September 04, 2009, 08:50:31 PM

Empire seems a lot like 0.0.

Currently shooting POS.
rand
Terracotta Army

Reply #6008 on: September 04, 2009, 09:57:53 PM

they are a cool concept, we just don't have active people who fly blackops bs'es and enough recons/stealth bombers on at the same time to use them effectively.

razor has a guy who has one and uses them regularly and when razor were chilling with us near curse/wc some of us would join their blackops bridging gangs
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6009 on: September 04, 2009, 10:22:24 PM

I do remember once being in a fleet where Apply Boy (when he was in IAC) BLops Cynoed our recons into a contested AAA system.  It seemed pretty cool at the time.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6010 on: September 04, 2009, 11:01:02 PM

And the part of the op I was willing to stay awake for ended with ganking a Privateers Nightmare and Scorpion on the Jita 4-4 undock.

Pro fit Nightmare

Edit: Sorry 'bout the double post.
Terracotta Army

Reply #6011 on: September 05, 2009, 05:15:56 AM

<snip> some of these guys leave BPOs researching for the better part of a year to get perfect efficiency. SO they have a choice of stopping the job and losing the progress so far, or letting it die and losing the bpo and all the progress made so far... hmm... some choice.<snip>

Pretty sure from experience you cant set an ME or PE job in a POS that runs over 30 days.....(perhaps longer in the case of the heftier items but then you can probably only get +1 ME/PE per 'job')

/edit for typo
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 03:02:02 PM by 5150 »
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #6012 on: September 05, 2009, 10:50:59 AM

And I thought empire-based research POSes allowed BPO's to be kept in the NPC stations.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #6013 on: September 05, 2009, 11:15:27 AM

And I thought empire-based research POSes allowed BPO's to be kept in the NPC stations.

They do. And 5150 is right that you can't have a research job that runs more than 30 days. If they were too lazy to train up the skill that allows them to do remote research then the only way to recover their BPOs is to remove the labs from the POS and take it to a station to be repackaged.  Cancelling the job won't release them.
Koyochi
Terracotta Army

Reply #6014 on: September 05, 2009, 07:10:06 PM

Januari 2009 : after reading for a long time about all those great 0.0 wars in this very thread, I decide to look around for a alliance to join so I can discover that part of Eve too. I end up in IRC, wich gets totally robbed by Goonswarm only a month later, and decimated by Russians + Goon support afterwards.

June 2009 : After taking a break from that 0.0 thing, I decide to play my trade alt a bit more to generate more isk for my future solo play. I end up in rig manufacturing, but I need some decent blueprint research. So I join New Eden Research with my alt corp and started some long research jobs 3 days ago...

ACK!

-
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6015 on: September 05, 2009, 07:16:39 PM

Januari 2009 : after reading for a long time about all those great 0.0 wars in this very thread, I decide to look around for a alliance to join so I can discover that part of Eve too. I end up in IRC, wich gets totally robbed by Goonswarm only a month later, and decimated by Russians + Goon support afterwards.

June 2009 : After taking a break from that 0.0 thing, I decide to play my trade alt a bit more to generate more isk for my future solo play. I end up in rig manufacturing, but I need some decent blueprint research. So I join New Eden Research with my alt corp and started some long research jobs 3 days ago...

ACK!

They call him "The Canary"...

Twitter - Endieposts

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6016 on: September 05, 2009, 07:32:42 PM

That's funny, another guy in LOVEU made a joke along the lines of "I hope you guys didn't wardec my research corp" while I was talking about this op in corp chat.  Turns out he was in New Eden also, but his corp was kicked for inactivity a few weeks ago.  Lucky guy!
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6017 on: September 06, 2009, 10:13:40 AM

Five R64 moons put in reinforced. The GEE (RA-owned) came out in Russian Prime and was repped; the three PL POS in Khanid were destroyed. Bit surprised Razor didn't stop by to assist, seems it was limited to PL/SOT/GS. One R64 reinforced by Atlas still to be fought over.

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6018 on: September 06, 2009, 12:23:40 PM

YOu forgot :flex:  awesome, for real

Hic sunt dracones.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6019 on: September 06, 2009, 12:32:21 PM

I knew I could rely on your forum-fu to add the necessary context and did not want to deprive you of that opportunity.

EDIT: For those not following the (decent) SHC coverage, -A- also lost at least 3 dreads; another Atlas dread got hotdropped by Razor in Empire after running out of fuel (...). Razor then took down a few CVA small moon miner POS and got into a fight with ROL on the way home. In short, both sides seemed to have lots of fun, or at least much fun as you can have when cramming 800-ish folks into a low-sec system.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 12:42:50 PM by setar »

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: